PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 schedule update: Pats will NOT play in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Raiders game in another stadium?

Cool. Going to try and get to the Jacksonville game. Was worried that would be moved to London

So two west coast teams get to play in London. How lovely for their fans. I guess if they do an 8PM London start the game will start at noon PST, which isn't horrible. Horrible for both teams to spend a full day in transit, but at least both get to share it. Of course in Goodell's NFL, one of them will probably be on MNF the week before.....

west coast teams traveling to london is ridiculous

Fixed it for you. ;)
same as east coast team flying to west coast..I don't have a problem with London games, but west coast teams traveling their doesn't make sense

The issue is winning.

How many of these games have the patriots lost?

No, the issue is travel and potentially losing a home game that would be played on the road. No thanks. I'd rather not put unneeded extra stress on the team, both from playing, and logistical perspectives.

BB said it himself after the Mexico game this year - it was a total pain in the ass, and added a lot of logistical work.

Good for the team overall but sad for our loyal fans in Europe.

IIRC, the Pats players loved their trips, and the fans loved GRONK's Queen's Guard tribute. :)

I didn’t realize there was talk of having to play in London. I figured that having to play in Mexico this year would have covered it for a few seasons.

There are teams who don’t mind going as much and teams who have never gone. They should be up first.

Cool. Going to try and get to the Jacksonville game. Was worried that would be moved to London

Ya, that would have been a bummer. A couple of years ago my uncle (who lives in South Carolina) said I should come down and go to the Jags-Pats game when they next play in Jacksonville. I told him 2018 will be the next time they play. That would have really stunk if they moved the game to London.

There are teams who don’t mind going as much and teams who have never gone. They should be up first.

Next year's slate is a lot about (almost) closing the gap on every team playing in London. Think its GB and someone else who is still missing..

Next year's slate is a lot about (almost) closing the gap on every team playing in London. Think its GB and someone else who is still missing..
Yeah, I think it may actually be GB and two other teams but Im not positive.

At any rate, I never even considered NE playing in London next season due to the Mexico trip this year, so I was surprised to see that people were concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes