PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 draft pick reset - as of 10/31/2017

What are the chances BB makes a draft trade with these picks? has to be at least 70% percent right?

Pats didn't use a single original draft pick this April.

Last edited:
Looks like the Jimmy G pick will either be #41 or #43.

49ers, Raiders, and Dolphins all finished 6-10, for round 1 picks 9-11. 49ers and Raiders finished tied with same strength of schedule, both lower than the Dolphins so Miami gets pick 11. A coin flip will happen at the combine to determine who gets 9 and 10. From there, the picks rotate in later rounds. So whoever gets pick 9 will get pick 11 in round 2 (pick 43), and whoever gets pick 10 will get pick 9 in round 2 (pick 41), while the Dolphins as pick 11 will get pick 10 in round 2 (pick 42).

Someone will have the final counts, but there's no way Eric Rowe played in 50% of the snaps, so the Pats will ship their 4th rounder to the Eagles.

I think Malcolm Brown has taken a step forward this year and Lawrence Guy has looked pretty good the last 3-4 weeks. If VV comes back, not sure DT is as big a need as I though a month ago.

At edge I still prefer a vet to along with Flowers, Wise and Rivers. Did we luck out with Harrison? He could cement a return with a good finish.

If Front 4 looks ok, we still need a lb, cb and safety. Could we do somethink

1. I. Oliver - CB - Colorado
2. Q. Blanding - S - Virginia He's no Ras-I
2. TJ Edwards - LB - Wisconsin

Would like to get Hubbard with that first rounder or a QB.

A defense very draft. ( I am assuming solder is resigned)

1st round - de Hubbard Ohio state
2nd round - CB Alexander Louisville
2nd round - ilb Evans Alabama
3rd round - dt russell auburn

I think even if Solder re-signs we've got to double dip at LT this year.

Obviously we need a backup QB to develop. I want no part in QB Sam Darold (USC) or QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville). Darnold has one of the best arms I've seen in years. But he's got a two cent head. Jackson just has the two cent head. To a large extent arm talent can be improved. Lousy decision making is harder to fix.

LB Rashaan Evans ('Bama) is my top draft binky so far. I'd like to double dip at LB this year. We need the depth and frankly I've never been a fan of Elandon Roberts. Insticts are great. But for an undersized LB he's not very good in coverage IMO. Plus he often has to hang on for dear life just to get the ball carrier down. Another LB that interests me: LB Lorenzo Carter (Georgia)

I'm not sure I want to invest early draft capital at RB, but RB Nick Chubb (Georgia) would look awefully good in a Pats uniform.

IMO CB, S, WR and #2 TE are also significant needs. But I'm not as familiar with this draft class as other classes in past years.

Obviously we need a backup QB to develop. I want no part in QB Sam Darold (USC) or QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville). Darnold has one of the best arms I've seen in years. But he's got a two cent head. Jackson just has the two cent head. To a large extent arm talent can be improved. Lousy decision making is harder to fix.

LB Rashaan Evans ('Bama) is my top draft binky so far. I'd like to double dip at LB this year. We need the depth and frankly I've never been a fan of Elandon Roberts. Insticts are great. But for an undersized LB he's not very good in coverage IMO. Plus he often has to hang on for dear life just to get the ball carrier down. Another LB that interests me: LB Lorenzo Carter (Georgia)

I'm not sure I want to invest early draft capital at RB, but RB Nick Chubb (Georgia) would look awefully good in a Pats uniform.

IMO CB, S, WR and #2 TE are also significant needs. But I'm not as familiar with this draft class as other classes in past years.

I dont think i see it as you do. If solder resigns I think the were set at LT or maybe a flyer in the later rounds. We drafted antonio Garcia last year who many thought had a lot of upside. So unless solder walks then im ok with what we have.

Lamar Jackson might have the strongest arm in the draft in terms of velocity, strength etc.

And I disagree about his Dec Making & "2 cent" head.

I suspect most haven't watched him besides a game or two if that.

A defense very draft. ( I am assuming solder is resigned)

1st round - de Hubbard Ohio state
2nd round - CB Alexander Louisville
2nd round - ilb Evans Alabama
3rd round - dt russell auburn

I think Malcolm Brown has taken a step forward this year and Lawrence Guy has looked pretty good the last 3-4 weeks. If VV comes back, not sure DT is as big a need as I though a month ago.

At edge I still prefer a vet to along with Flowers, Wise and Rivers. Did we luck out with Harrison? He could cement a return with a good finish.

If Front 4 looks ok, we still need a lb, cb and safety. Could we do somethink

1. I. Oliver - CB - Colorado
2. Q. Blanding - S - Virginia He's no Ras-I
2. TJ Edwards - LB - Wisconsin

I love both Oliver & J.A.

Along with Ward I think that'll be my Top 3.

Comp picks officially announced, as expected Pats get a 4th rounder, #136 overall.

So the Patriots will have picks:

#41 or #43 based on results of a coin flip

Last edited:
Comp picks officially announced, as expected Pats get a 4th rounder, #136 overall.

So the Patriots will have picks:

#41 or #43 based on results of a coin flip

That's really nice. We had a gulf between 95 and 205.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back