PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

About time a charging penalty was called.

It's far better than the NFL. Not even close really.

The NHL is the best sport league in the world. It is like having all of the world’s best soccer players playing in the English Premiere Division. The world’s best face each other every night in the NHL. The level of play is as high as it gets. And playoff hockey is as good as it gets.
Interesting takes. I will say the NFL is not what it once was. I really don’t like seeing all these average QB’s throw over 4,000 yards and are considered “good”. If they played prior to the Colts rules in 2003-4, they’d look like Ryan Leaf.

I was once a hardcore NBA fan, but it has been unwatchable for years. Every team is trying to emulate the Golden State Warriors.

Kadri should get at least 3 games

Kadri should get at least 3 games
He will - he will be lucky if that is all
And the wuss turtled to boot when Chara showed up

Much better Bruins & Tukka!! Go B's! Gronk in the house to get the crowd going!

I really liked the grit showed by Debrusk all night. He really got under the skin of several Leafs. One of the after the game talking heads said he wouldn't be surprised if Kadri got suspended for 10 games.

If they continue to play that physically, and take the neutral zone away from Toronto then they win this series going away. The Leafs are still loaded but the Bruins can beat them down. Good win.

As someone said, Kadri’s gloves are glued on his hands. Worst kind of “tough guy”. A total embarrassment

He has been invited for an in-person hearing. Means 5+ is possible

Not just possible but likely although the 10 or more that's being bandied about in the media is a stretch. The NHL has gotten better at explaining it's rationale for the discipline meted out but they still have a tendency to base it in no small part on result rather than intent. With a repeat offender like Kadri intent has to matter. Given what passed between them throughout the game there can't be much doubt he meant to seriously injure DeBrusk.

Kadri’s hit was cheap but so was DeBrusk’s.

Bruins finally showed some fight last night.......lacked that in game one......keep it up !

As someone said, Kadri’s gloves are glued on his hands. Worst kind of “tough guy”. A total embarrassment

Reminds me of when Brooks Orpik kneed Marchand in the head as he was getting up off the ice, then skated away when Doug Hamilton, of all people, tried to get him to fight him.

In that case however Sean Thornton came out and took Orpik out, and got something like 7 games for it.

This time retribution can be out off until next year, then Chara can let him have what is coming to him without losing him for playoff games. Either way he is due for a world of hurt.

kadri is a piece of sh!t. he should get a ten game suspension. the injuries are getting absolutely ridiculous for the Bruins. krug hurt again. he can never make it thru the playoffs without getting hurt. his body can't hold up against the increased playoff physicality. dabrusk hurt. he looked pale and completely exhausted in a post-game interview. moore is still out. miller is done for the year. I know I'm forgetting somebody. such a buzz kill. fingers crossed dabrusk and Krug play. but man they got killed out there.

Kadri’s hit was cheap but so was DeBrusk’s.
Are you referring to the "knee on knee" hit by DeBrusk? If so, that was not dirty. At all. They were skating directly toward each other, DeBrusk made contact with his shoulder and did not move or stick out his knee in the slightest. If anything, it was Kadri's fault for his big spill because he tried to sidestep the hit. Again, DeBrusk went in with the shoulder. Totally clean hit. Go watch the replay.

Speaking of Kadri, I'm surprised that he got out of Boston alive last night. Guy is a total rat and takes the crown for dirtiest player in the league now that Matt Cooke is gone. Game 1 he slew footed DeBrusk along the boards and could have caused a serious injury then he puts the cherry on top last night with a dirty cross check directly to the head of a defenseless player. He's the kind of rat who makes dirty hits and then goes to the ground with his gloves glued to his stick. He's a complete and utter ****bag. He'll easily get 5 game suspension and is done for the series.

Are you referring to the "knee on knee" hit by DeBrusk? If so, that was not dirty. At all. They were skating directly toward each other, DeBrusk made contact with his shoulder and did not move or stick out his knee in the slightest. If anything, it was Kadri's fault for his big spill because he tried to sidestep the hit. Again, DeBrusk went in with the shoulder. Totally clean hit. Go watch the replay.

Speaking of Kadri, I'm surprised that he got out of Boston alive last night. Guy is a total rat and takes the crown for dirtiest player in the league now that Matt Cooke is gone. Game 1 he slew footed DeBrusk along the boards and could have caused a serious injury then he puts the cherry on top last night with a dirty cross check directly to the head of a defenseless player. He's the kind of rat who makes dirty hits and then goes to the ground with his gloves glued to his stick. He's a complete and utter ****bag. He'll easily get 5 game suspension and is done for the series.

No, Debrusk pushed some Leafs guy head first into the metal pylon near the bench right before Kadri plastered him.

Not disagreeing about Kadri though.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes