PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Besides 1970 & 1972, they should've won in 1971 & 1974 (Philthy was Not the better team) and in 1979. That's 5 in the decade compared to Montreal's (what should've been only) 4.

The 78 series is the too many men on the ice series right?

Was that series all that close?

79 ACTUALLY AND IT WAS FREAKING G7. BRUINS BLEW A 3-1 GOAL LEAD. HOW DARE YOU BRING THAT GAME UP TODAY?

j/k ;)

that series was extremely close as was the 78 79 series vs the Habs. Those were the two most exciting playoff's series i have ever seen. i was never prouder of any Boston team that lost than those two don cherry coached teams. Those two series were absolutely epic. the bruins in that old garden with the tiny rink would destroy teams at home

Last edited:
79 ACTUALLY AND IT WAS FREAKING G7. BRUINS BLEW A 3-1 GOAL LEAD. HOW DARE YOU BRING THAT GAME UP TODAY?

j/k ;)

I’m lost. Everything online says the 79 series was MTL v NYR and the 78 series was Bs MTL and went 6

Sox set the table - like the B’s and C’s did for the Super Bowl

j/k ;)

Never mind the years I’m using is the starting year of the season.

Yes too Many men was May of 79

I’m lost. Everything online says the 79 series was MTL v NYR and the 78 series was Bs MTL and went 6
The "Too Many Men" series was the semis in 79.

I heard the effing game winner by Lambert in French on a Montreal radio station that reached Baltimore. Did not understand a word, but I could hear the pricks celebrating.

i might have the years screwed up. it was back to back years. unless im totally lost. ok i checked. it was 76 77 and 77 78

Ce soir, vous êtes cordialement invité au TD Garden pour profiter de la victoire des Bruins sur les Blues de St. Louis et de Boston en remportant la Coupe de Stanley. Merci et amusez-vous.

Au fait, baise les Canadiens.

Est-ce que cette invitation vient avec des billets?

Sorry gang. I’ll do better waxing about sports events before my existence

Who brought this ****head!?

Yes. I’m on the same page now
both those series were knock down drag out wars that make this final look like figure skating. Seriously. They were epic and are burned into my brain. Rick Middleton became a legend in those two series.

The "Too Many Men" series was the semis in 79.
1977 finals, Bs were swept vs Montreal;
1978 finals, Bs lost in 6 vs Montreal;
1979 Semi-finals, Bs lost in 7 vs Montreal, including game 7 Too Many Men in Montreal. That series was considered the true SC Finals because the NY Rangers upset the heavily-favored Islanders in the other semi-final. Bs would've beaten the Rangers just as easily as Montreal ended up doing.

1979 Semi-finals, Bs lost in 7 vs Montreal, including game 7 Too Many Men in Montreal. That series was considered the true SC Finals because the NY Rangers upset the heavily-favored Islanders in the other semi-final. Bs would've beaten the Rangers just as easily as Montreal ended up doing.

That 76-77 Habs team is almost always in the Top 5 of Best teams ever, no shame there

Jesus I haven't been this nervous about a sports event in a whopping 128 days

1988 B smoked MTL in the semis.

Cam made Chelios his *****.

giphy.gif

Time stopped moving down here at like 445.

I’ve checked the playroom clock ten times, waiting for the clock to strike 8 so I can put the kids to bed...and the clock has moved about 3 mins

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back