PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

@LRiddickESPN: OT's get the attention, & many will be over drafted, but OC Cam Erving = best OL in '15 draft. #NFL Starter as soon as his name is called.

Spoiler alert, but he's gone past Clemmings and Fisher as the top OL on my big board. I thing Erving and Gurley are the two prospects that put the DT or CB #32 pick in jeopardy.

He might be. Marshall has a great arm, and great athletic ability, could play WR/CB. Might need to trade Garrapolo.

If anyone every mentions trading Jimmy Garrapolo again, I will find them and hunt them down. Especially if doing it for a QB like Nick Marshall is mentioned. Thats just stupid crazy! Did you watch any of Garrapolo's pre season footage. Honestly in a 2013 re-draft format, he'd probably be the 2nd QB off the board. Defiantly take him over Carr, and I like his future potential and upside much more than Blake Bortals. Everything about him, from his current situation, to his deep ball, and mobility, remind me of Aaron Rodgers. Then his pocket presence reminds me of Tom. He's our future, and the future looks good.
I can't wait to shut up all those "wait till after Brady retires" Dumbasses.

If anyone every mentions trading Jimmy Garrapolo again, I will find them and hunt them down. Especially if doing it for a QB like Nick Marshall is mentioned. Thats just stupid crazy! Did you watch any of Garrapolo's pre season footage. Honestly in a 2013 re-draft format, he'd probably be the 2nd QB off the board. Defiantly take him over Carr, and I like his future potential and upside much more than Blake Bortals. Everything about him, from his current situation, to his deep ball, and mobility, remind me of Aaron Rodgers. Then his pocket presence reminds me of Tom. He's our future, and the future looks good.
I can't wait to shut up all those "wait till after Brady retires" Dumbasses.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the coming off-season. How he stands in the pocket will be key- I felt he struggled there a little in the Buffalo game. If he improves on that, I'd be confident about his ability to be an NFL starter.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the coming off-season. How he stands in the pocket will be key- I felt he struggled there a little in the Buffalo game. If he improves on that, I'd be confident about his ability to be an NFL starter.

For sure! He is defiantly not ready, but he sure did look like he has every bit of potential. You really can't expect that much of him during his rookie season, coming out of the eastern Illinois. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the buffalo game. They were a top ranked defense , with the top rated defensive line, all the while fighting for a playoff seed.

Yeah, Garrapolo will look real good…after his rookie contract expires and he signs elsewhere.

Yeah, Garrapolo will look real good…after his rookie contract expires and he signs elsewhere.

I highly doubt that will happen. First off, NE is his "dream team", second, Brady didn't restructure to free up money, he knows if he still wants to play at the end of his contract, more then likely NE will move on. It would be horrible for Brady to retire anywhere else, but its a reality we will all be faced with if we don't get Brady another ring. It happened to Montana, Farve, and Manning, just to name a few. Don't for a second think Bill would be afraid to move on from Brady for Garrapolo.

The best thing that could happen is we win another sb in the next two years. Im pretty sure Brady would be ok with retiring at the very top.

For sure! He is defiantly not ready, but he sure did look like he has every bit of potential. You really can't expect that much of him during his rookie season, coming out of the eastern Illinois. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the buffalo game. They were a top ranked defense , with the top rated defensive line, all the while fighting for a playoff seed.
Does anyone remember that play vs. Buffalo week 17 when he broke out of that sack on third down and ran for a first?

It's just a moment that's stuck with me with this kid. I do not want to lose him anytime soon.

Defiantly take him over Carr, and I like his future potential and upside much more than Blake Bortals.

That's right!! Fight The Power, baby!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

Does anyone remember that play vs. Buffalo week 17 when he broke out of that sack on third down and ran for a first?

It's just a moment that's stuck with me with this kid. I do not want to lose him anytime soon.

So many things to be excited for with Garoppolo. His release, if he can read a defense like Brady... Watch out!

Another thing to note. Props to BB, Caseiro and then scouting department on this, but there is 3 players on the roster that might be gems, that maybe fell on the draft because they played in small programs or division 2 schools.

Jaime Collins
Jimmy Garoppolo
Malcom Butler

Obviously JG and Butler are still question marks, but it goes to show how this FO operates. They find blue chip prospects, without the luxury of having top 10 picks.

I want nothing to do with either Tre Jackson or Laken Tomlinson. We already have Cannon & Fleming.
We need athleticism at LG to protect Brady's blindside.
If Bill wants a Floida State OLman, then he should draft Cameron Erving (who will be long gone by 32
anyway) or Josue Matias in the 4th.

I want nothing to do with either Tre Jackson or Laken Tomlinson. We already have Cannon & Fleming.
We need athleticism at LG to protect Brady's blindside.
If Bill wants a Floida State OLman, then he should draft Cameron Erving (who will be long gone by 32
anyway) or Josue Matias in the 4th.

Matias makes Michael Sam look like JJ Watt athletically.

Hey at least he improved his vertical at his pro day from 17-1/2" (!?!) to 24-1/2" (still terrible).

On second thought, I'm taking Matias off my board too.

And the Pats rested about half their starters on offense to boot.

I cannot get enough of Cassius Sendish highlights

@HawaiianPatsfan

Around the ball a lot, but man, someone's gotta teach this kid to wrap up. So many tackles with his head down using only his shoulders. Gonna be a lot of people hurdling his missed tackles in the pros. Hell I saw college kids hurdling these kind of tackles in college games.

3. Eric Rowe ahead of Byron Jones - don't see that at all.

Better tape, bigger, just as athletic and better in press. I know you love Jones but Rowe is the guy I want.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back