* 2012 Draft Defensive Ends *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
7th in a Series

Good Morning, Ladies and Gents...

I humbly and quietly offer this Thread ~ the 7th of many, as I'll be circumnavigating the entire Roster ~ to my Fellow Patriots Fans ~ KoolAid Soaked Homers + Bile Soaked Haters, alike!! :D ~ as a common reference for Defensive End Prospects.

Quint Coples of North Carolina ~ 6.6/285

400216718.jpg

Quint Coples commands an intoxicating fusion of amazing Core Strength and astonishing Launch Velocity.

He's miscast as a D Tackle in College, and will presumably play End in the NFL.

His Market Value has been sinking, of late, but I see that as unwarranted.

Often, early favorites sink for no particular reason at all, other than over analysis.

There's really not much else to say, and, indeed, he has been over analyzed: Quint Coples is an elite level prospect, and there is every reason to expect him to fulfill his immense potential and justify his still-lofty Market Value.

Super Beast!!

Billy Winn of Boise State ~ 6.3/300

434422000.JPG

Billy Winn is very difficult to categorize, as he could easily be cast ~ as has been noted by others smarter than myself ~ as either a "34" End, or a "43" Tackle...Though most agree he'd be best suited at Defensive End.

While some differ, most agree that he commands explosive Launch Velocity, and there is no argument about his outstanding Core Strength and his exceptional Core Flexibility.

Worth noting: Cross-Trained as a Wrestler and a Power Lifter in High School.

For me, that is an emphatic point in his favor.

Billy Winn strikes me as an hard working Scrapper who'll do what it takes to be succesfull at the next level. His Market Value has soared into the 1st or 2nd Round are, and I, personally, consider it fully warranted.

Stud Horse!!

Jared Crick of Nebraska ~ 6.4/285

186450196.jpg

Jared Crick is an hard worker with long Arms, Savvy, strong Mechanics, and a good Motor.

But he lacks Launch Velocity.

And he lacks Core Strength.

And I believe those will prove to be fatal flaws.

He's got a future, mind you, but Crick's Market Value seems to be about the 1st or 2nd Round level.

Oh, HELL, no.

OverRated!!

Mel Ingram of South Carolina ~ 6.2/275

781047623.jpg

Mel Ingram possesses dubious Core Flexibility, but exceptional Core Strength and Launch Velocity.

Ingram would have to go to the right team, probably as a "43" Defensive End...

But his Skill Set is intriguing against the Run and the Pass, and his ability to play either End or Under Tackle effectively is an extremely attractive Asset. All told, he's well worth the 2nd or 3rd Round Market Value that his rise up the Boards seems to peg him at.

Stud Horse!!

Vinny Curry of Marshall ~ 6.3/264

845865195.jpg

Vinny Curry brings an exceptionally balanced Arsenal to the table.

He doesn't have any particularly weak points, boasting superior Core Strength, Core Flexibility, Fluidity, and Lateral Agility.

He commands decent Launch Speed, though nothing exceptional.

In a word, this is a smart, savvy, hard working, strong, and athletic Leader who sticks to his assignments and Makes Plays when the Opportunity presents itself.

He's no SuperStar...but this is definitely the kind of guy who will provide a strong Building Block for your Defense.

His Market Value seems to be in the 1st to 3rd Round range, and I strongly suspect he will roll towards the top end of that range, as April nears...In any case, his Talent, Consistency, and Leadership fully warrant such a Price.

Stud Horse!!

Andre Branch of Clemson ~ 6.4/260

634577543.jpg

Andre Branch brings a superior, though not outstanding, fusion of Core Strength, Core Flexibility, Launch Velocity, and Agility to the table.

He commands a balanced, if somewhat raw, Game, and the potential for much more.

All things considered, he showcases a refreshing ability to play effectively against the Run and the Pass, and both the mentality and the natural potential to become exceptional.

Given his Market Value, which seems to be in the general area of the 2nd to 4th Round, I have to call this guy a pretty damned good Value, even though I assume he'll end up rising to the 2nd Round.

Stud Horse!!

Notes

1 ~ Needless to say, Defensive End is tricky spot to tie down, because so many are possible Convertibles to Flanker in the "34"...all the more so, with our Schematic choice for 2012 being a subject of complete uncertainty and great speculation. Many Ends brought up here could play Flanker in the "34", and many Flankers that I bring up in that thread ~ which will be next ~ could conceivably play End in the "43", and indeed have been playing End in College.

2 ~ Just for the sake of clarity ~ not to try to sway anyone ~ I, personally, am part of the contingent of fans who greatly prefer the "43", going forward.

OTG

What's your take on Cam Johnson of Virginia? Watching him, he doesn't look to have the athleticism of the others but he's got real strength at 270ilb's to fight off the blocks of LT's and a good motor, always chasing down from the back end.

I like all the above, particularly Ingram, Curry and Branch, but if we go in other directions in the first and second, would you be comfortable taking Cam Johnson in the third?

BTW - Love these series.

Last edited:
OTG

What's your take on Cam Johnson of Virginia? Watching him, he doesn't look to have the athleticism of the others but he's got real strength at 270ilb's to fight off the blocks of LT's and a good motor, always chasing down from the back end.

I like all the above, particularly Ingram, Curry and Branch, but if we go in other directions in the first and second, would you be comfortable taking Cam Johnson in the third?

BTW - Love these series.

Sorry to disappoint you, Brother Manx, but I don't feel qualified at this point to offer you much!! :eek:

As you know ~ and as I regularly and shamelessly admit!! ~ my opinion is about 10% Tape and 90% analyzing and cross referencing the opinions of Sites that have access to FAR better Tape ~ the mysterious and elusive "All 22/Coaches Tape" ~ than do you or I...I am honored that you'd ask, Brother Manx ~ and very gratefull for your kind words!! ~ but I feel like I'd do you a gross disservice if I answered your question half-caulked!! :p

It's actually been pretty successfull, this Triangulation Method that I've been using ~ it led me to Aaron Hernandez early in the Spring of 2010, when almost every last Soul hated him, and several other Gems and Quasi Gems...But it also compels me to admit my limitations and concede that I'd be beyond my element if I took a position on Cam Johnson at this early juncture!! Humble apologies, Sir!! :D

OTG

No problem. May I?

Cam Johnson

Senior Virginia

6'4", 270 lbs

FFtoolbox

A versatile defender, Johnson played linebacker in a 3-4 scheme during his first two seasons at Virginia. When the team moved to a 4-3, Johnson switched to defensive end as a junior. That's where he has seen most of his playing time, since he stepped into a full-time starting role in 2010. Johnson recorded 6.5 sacks that year and he is enjoying another solid campaign as a senior. He leads the Wahoos with 8.5 tackles for loss and three sacks in eight games (he has missed one of the team's nine games).
Johnson, a Washington, D.C. native, has great size at 6'4'' and 270 pounds. He is a slightly better fit a defensive end, where he currently lines up, because his best asset is size as opposed to speed. Johnson generally runs in the 4.7s in the 40-yard dash and he has been clocked at 4.67 from that distance. He can overpower lesser offensive tackles but will have to develop a go-to move or two as he heads to the next level. Johnson would also do well to improve his run defense skills. With a strong finish to the season and a decent combine, Johnson could be a second-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

nflmocks

Pros:
Good size…long arms…explosive off the snap…Gets his hands up if he doesn’t get to the quarterback…does a good job of using his arms to drive the offensive linemen….Good hustle…uses his hands pretty well…Really good functional strength…

Cons:
Susecptive to reverses and misdirections crashes too far inside sometimes…lacks ideal awarness…struggles to maintain consistent leverage…Doesn’t offer a lot in terms of pass rush moves

Bunting:

Impression: A solid college defensive end who does enough well to make a roster and eventually fight for a starting job.

I probably wouldn't have a second round grade on him but would be happy trading back into the upper third for him. He's a former linebacker, looks powerful and has Patriot type size.

Heh!! A LITTLE late in responding, but: Thanks, Brother Max!! :D

* I apologize if I haven't been clear, everyone: I claim NO dominion over these threads, and offer them as a collaborative venue for us to share out thoughts!! :cool:

Explanation of Colors + Numbers

1 ~ Red = OverRated ~ in my OH so humble opinion!!

2 ~ Purple = Sleeper or Steal or Super Sleeper!!

3 ~ Blue = Bargain ~ Good Value.

4 ~ The first number = Market Value ~ my best guess, based on CBS, Walter, Et Cetera...

5 ~ The second number = FIENDISH Value ~ how I grade them!!

6 ~ These will all be Cut + Pasted from yon Site, so the formats are different.

An Explanation of My Twisted ViewPoint!!

I have no intention or expectation of converting anyone to my view of things, of course. That doesn't happen, anyway: People make up their own minds in their own way...But an explanation is warranted, I think, out of respect to those of you who do me the honor of reading these Works.

Two things about Defensive Ends...

1 ~ Like their counterpart Offensive Tackles, Defensive Ends are the athletic Grizzlies ~ and in the case of classic "43" Schemes, not really Grizzlies at all!! ~ so Lateral Agility is every bit as important for success as is Core Strength.

2 ~ There are really two kinds of Defensive Ends, aren't there? The Classic "43" type, who tend to be smaller and faster, and can almost universally at least be considered for Flanker duty ~ that's "OutSide LineBacker", Earthllings!! ~ and the larger "34" Defensive Ends...Of course, the latter are often D Tackle Convertibles.

Indeed, there is no hard and fast rule, as the lines between "positions" often get murky or even overlap...

But I figure "What the Hell??" ~ most players have multiple roles at the next level, anyway!!

What I'm doing here is attempting to make things easier to navigate, by separating the "43" Ends from the "34" Ends...Of course, I could break it down further ~ as I did, last year ~ or even create additional categories for players such as Mel Ingram, who has potential as Under Tackle, Defensive End, and Flanker!! Hah!! Or I could really break things down by "43" and "34" here and elsewhere...I'm not sure that'd be much help, though!! Enjoy!!

Super Sized "34" Defensive Ends

Quint Coples ~ 6.6/285 ~ 1st ~ 1st-2nd

921274536.jpg

Stud Horse!! Please interpret that as: Super Beast upside, but one about whom I have serious concerns.

There's no doubt that Quint Coples commands an outstanding skill set. His Core Strength isn't very impressive, mind you, but his Core Power on the attack is explosive, and his Launch Velocity, Fluidity, and Lateral Agility are tremendous.

What's in question are his Passion and his dedication to the team: His resistance to moving inside last year is an enormous Red Flag, and many doubt his Motor.

What I think we have here is a guy who's going to get a lot of Sacks against weak and mediocre competition ~ and perhaps even against top competition ~ but whose dedication to doing the little things ~ taking on Blocks, Setting the Edge, and such ~ will always be in doubt.

Taken as an whole, I see a Stud Horse level Prospect, one who doesn't warrant the lofty Market Value I see currently assessed to'm. OverRated!!

Jared Crick ~ 6.4/279 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 5th

164225633.jpg

Potential Starter!! Jared Crick is a Scrapper who commands Long Arms, Fluidity, considerable Savvy, strong Mechanics, and a tremendous Motor.

However, he is too tall to play D Tackle, and too light to dominate at Defensive End.

And his Core Strength has a long way to go.

He's got enough going to potentially carve out a spot as an End, and perhaps even start. But I consider a 2nd to 3rd Round Market Value to be a bit much. OverRated!!

Billy Winn ~ 6.4/294 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 2nd-3rd

935596844.JPG

Starter!! Billy Winn is difficult to categorize, as he could easily be cast as either a "34" End, or a "43" Tackle.

He commands tremendous Core Strength and very impressive Launch Speed, but I have great concerns about his Fluidity.

It's worth noting, however: He Cross-Trained as a Wrestler and a Power Lifter in High School.

For me, that is an emphatic point in his favor. If nothing else, he's clearly well trained in developing his Dexterity.

I'm very concerned about the Fluidity ~ his ability to swim around Blocks ~ but Winn strikes me as an hard working Scrapper who'll do what it takes to be succesfull.

His Market Value has soared into the 2nd or 3rd Round range, and I consider it fully warranted. Fair Value!!

Tyrone Crawford ~ 6.4/285 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 2nd-3rd

Brett+Smith+Wyoming+v+Boise+State+T-NKOvCSuCEl.jpg

Starter!! Tyrone Crawford commands a nice skill set, boasting excellent Core Strength and Core Flexibility, Long Arms, and terrific Dexterity.

Athleticism is an interesting question. His Lateral Agility is unremarkable. More importantly, he didn't show much Fluidity on Tape, yet at the Combine he simply crushed the 3 Cone ~ cranking out a 709 ~ which I consider a tremendous indicator of Raw Fluidity.

Crawford is a JuCo Transfer, so my take is that he has much to learn, but has, indeed, the requisite untapped Fluidity he'll need to become successfull at the next level, if he's got the Work Ethic to develop it...And he gets universally LOFTY grades on his Work Ethic!!

At that size, he could go in either a "34" or a "43".

His combine numbers raised his Market Value ~ which originally floated around deep in Day 3!! ~ but even as is, he still strikes me as a Deal!!

Trevor Guyton ~ 6.3/285 ~ 4th ~ 4th-5th

357659350.jpg

Potential Starter!! Trevor Guyton is an Hybrid Tackle ~ End who brings excellent Core Power and superior Core Strength to the table, and commands a terrific Burst of the Snap, as well.

However, he's very raw ~ his Processing Speed and Dexterity are awful ~ and he's not particularly Athletic.

He's definitely got the potential to earn a starting gig at the next level, in either a "43" or a "34", and, indeed, could play more than one position. Fair Value!!

Malik Jackson ~ 6.5/285 ~ 5th-6th ~ 5th-7th

527573089.jpg

Project!! Malik Jackson played out of position at Tennessee ~ Defensive Tackle ~ so my perception of him as an End is murky, but from what I see he is hindered by a lack of Core Strength and Fluidity.

However, the Core Strength shows up on the outside, which is his natural position. He boasts a bit of Burst off the Snap, as well, and his Dexterity is outstanding.

Jackson looks like a Project, to me, one who could find a spot in either the "34" or the "43". Fair Value!!

Classic "43" Defensive End / Flanker Convertibles

Nick Perry ~ 6.3/270 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 3rd-4th

955009171.jpg

Potential Starter!! Nick Perry commands outstanding Speed, but little else to recommend him.

His Core Strength is suspect, his Fluidity is poor, and I simply don't see anything else that I'd call exceptional.

He gets good grades for Work Ethic, so we'll see. And he played well against top competition at the college level, so I could look like a real fool in a year.

But as I see it, he has elevated Bust potential, and as I calculate Risk and Reward, he is very OverRated!!

Whitney Mercilus ~ 6.4/261 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 4th-5th

826328750.jpg

Potential Starter!! "Merciless" Whitney Merciless brings outstanding Speed and a formidable senior season ~ 14 Sacks ~ to the table, but ye Gads!!

He is hindered by a crippling dearth of Core Strength, Core Power, Fluidity, or Processing Speed.

Nothing against the kid. I hope he makes some money.

But "Merciless" Whitney Merciless could be my Poster Child for the Speedy Fast Athlete with a Wafer Thin Resume Who Suddenly Lights It Up as a Senior, sees his Stock SKY Rocket, Get Drafted In The 1st Round, and then BUSTS!!!

Bust.

Sell ALL Shares.

SHORT the Survivors.

Andre Branch ~ 6.4/260 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 2nd-3rd

711266315.jpg

Starter!! Andre Branch is one of most complete Ends in this Class, in the sense that he doesn't really have any weak points to speak of.

On the other hand, he isn't particularly dazzling in any aspect of the Game, either!!

But he is extremely dependable, plays all elements of the Game with great Integrity, and should quickly develop into a dependable starter at the next level.

My only concern is that his Market Value ~ once enticing ~ has rocketed too high for now. OverRated!!

Vinny Curry ~ 6.3/266 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 1st

6224487.jpg

Beast!! Vinny Curry needs to work on his Core Strength, but his tremendous Core Power makes it clear that he's got something to work with.

What really excites me is his outstanding Fluidity, which has been clear on Tape for years, and which was confirmed at the Combine, where he blasted a 690 on the 3 Cone Drill, beating everyone in the house.

Well...All Defensive Ends, save Jake Bequette.

And he's no WorkOut Warrior: he has been relentlessly converting those raw skills into Sacks and Losses.

His only concern is Core Strength, but even that isn't bad, and there's always the possibility of converting to Flanker at the next level, where that's less'f a factor.

I think Curry's upside at the next level is immense. My favorite thing of all is that his pedestrian "40" time dampens his Market Value. This kid is clear 1st Round material, in my view. Sleeper!!

Chandler Jones ~ 6.5/266 ~ 2nd-3rd ~ 5th-7th

597315196.jpg

Reserve!! Hoo, boy. Chandler Jones, from what I've seen, staggers under a crippling lack of Core Strength, Fluidity, and Burst off the Snap.

He looks great...and that's about it. OverRated!!

Jake Bequette ~ 6.5/275 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 2nd-3rd

862800906.jpg

Starter!! Jake Bequette commands a very intriguing fusion of skills, Savvy, and a Scrapper mentality.

First off, he commands impressive Core Strength, and is a force both in the Attack in the Pass Game, and in Defense in the Run Game.

Second, his intangibles are 4.0, as he gets universally outstanding grades for his Work Ethic and Savvy.

Third, he is highly productive.

Now, all of the above combined, while admirable, often tragically deliver the Prospect in question to the scrap heap, or, in the case of a Scrapper like Bequette, to the bottom of the roster, if his Fluidity is lacking.

And on tape, his Fluidity is lacking.

Yet, at the Combine, he finished at the very top ~ tied with Vinny Curry ~ on the 3 Cone ~ which is a pretty damned good gauge of Raw Fluidity ~ with a 690.

And it doesn't hurt that he annihilated the Field on the Short Shuttle ~ a great gauge of Lateral Agility ~ with a stunning 407!!

Clearly, Bequette is a raw Prospect who needs a lot of coaching, but if I'm placing a bet ~ and every single Pick is a Gamble!! ~ then I'm placing it the guy with Power, Strength, Production, Savvy, Raw Athletic Talent, and outstanding Work Ethic!! Deal!!

Cam Johnson ~ 6.3/267 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 2nd-3rd

373180572.JPG

Starter!! Cam Johnson isn't particularly dynamic in any aspect of the game, but he really has no weaknesses to speak of, either, and both the raw Core Strength and Athleticism, combined with impressive levels of both Savvy and Work Ethic, are there to become a stalwart starter at the next level.

And of all potential Flanker Convertibles, he showed very impressive Verticity when asked to Turn + Burn!!

Cam Johnson is my kind of Prospect: Under the Radar and not especially flashy, and will certainly need work, but with tremendous Savvy, Work Ethic, Attention to Detail, and underrated athleticism!! Deal!!

Jack Crawford ~ 6.5/275 ~ 6th ~ 6th-7th

394263210.jpg

Reserve!! Jack Crawford is hampered by a lack of both Core Strength and Fluidity, and I expect he'll struggle to carve out a roster spot at the next level. Fair Value!!

Donte Paige Moss ~ 6.3/268 ~ 7th ~ UFA!!

119219254.jpg

Fringe Reserve!! Donte Paige Moss doesn't bring much to the table in terms of Core Strength or Fluidity, and there is good reason to believe he wouldn't be worth the trouble, even if he did. OverRated!!

Scott Smith ~ 6.6/261 ~ UFA ~ 4th-5th

Scott+Smith+Texas+Tech+v+Baylor+EC7PGyMMKEll.jpg

Potential Starter!! Scott Smith is raw as hell, and has been walloped with a Year Long suspension in the past.

That cut his Texas Tech career in half, as he is also a JuCo Transfer. As a result, while he has been explosive in the two seasonal segments he's played in, he is flying miles under the radar, and with "Character" concerns.

But he commands an outstanding Burst off the Snap, excellent Core Flexibility ~ albeit raw Core Strength, at this point ~ and absolutely tremendous Work Ethic.

I get the distinct impression that we're looking at a Past that shows Bad Judgment, not Bad Character.

He's also a former BasketBall standout, which speaks volumes about his Athleticism. Cross Training, baby!!

To be sure, he's a Boom or Bust Prospect, but that's tremendous Value for...nothing!! Sleeper!!

Props to National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting for his discovering yet another deeply buried gem!!

How is Crick overated?? Also of course he is not back to full strength he is coming off a season ending pectoral muscle injury. His best season was the year Suh left and put up close to Suhs numbers. I really think you should rethink Crick and read where people say Suhs college success was cause of Crick. Plus he is my number 1 binkie RAWRRRRRRRRRRR. But great job love the reads on all your work just relook at my binkie hahahaha:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

How is Crick overated?? Also of course he is not back to full strength he is coming off a season ending pectoral muscle injury. His best season was the year Suh left and put up close to Suhs numbers. I really think you should rethink Crick and read where people say Suhs college success was cause of Crick. Plus he is my number 1 binkie RAWRRRRRRRRRRR. But great job love the reads on all your work just relook at my binkie hahahaha:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Awesome, Dude!! Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the input on Brother Crick!! :D

Thank you sir for the time and effort you put into these incredible works of art. You are a wonderful asset to this board and I'm glad you decided to stay on, because this is a huge part of what makes this board a great place to talk draft.

Thank you sir for the time and effort you put into these incredible works of art. You are a wonderful asset to this board and I'm glad you decided to stay on, because this is a huge part of what makes this board a great place to talk draft.

May The God of Your Choice Bless Your Soul, Brother Wilfork!! :D

Means a LOT coming from you, Bro. Thanks. :cool:

Re Vinny Curry:

I think Curry's upside at the next level is immense. My favorite thing of all is that his pedestrian "40" time dampens his Market Value. This kid is clear 1st Round material, in my view. Sleeper!!

Not so fast unfortunately (or in this case, yes so fast). Curry ran a 4.65 at his pro day which would make him 4th or 5th fastest compared to the combine. Apparently he was "nervous" at the combine. Tony Pauline also says that he could see an Alualu type rise in the first round.

I agree with you on Andre Branch. Good value in the mid-second but I don't see enough there to warrant a first round pick. The Jets are sniffing around him heavily too. Rex worked him out personally at the Clemson pro day.

Alright OTG, I mentioned in another thread that I watch little college football and therefore really enjoy these reviews. I neglected to mention I do watch my fair share of Marshall Univ football. (Last year I posted that Lee Smith would never make the 53.) I must disagree with your opinion of Curry. The guy is not big enough to be a 3-4 DE and not athletic enough to be a 3-4 OLB. His best position will be a 4-3 DE. My impression- and I admit I haven't researched this to confirm it- is that he's feasted on inferior C-USA competition and disappeared in big games. His 40 time is at least worrisome. I don't think he's drafted in the first 2 rounds. I see him falling into the late 3d, early 4th, maybe worse, and is a worse fit for 3-4 teams than 4-3 teams.

Quick review of Curry's sack totals showed he had zero against WVU, Va Tech, #18 Houston, and East Carolina, among others. He did have 3 against #20 So. Miss. and 3.5 against Rice. In 2011, they came in bunches, for sure, and largely against weak competition.

In 2010, when he seemed to make a name for himself, he had 2 against OSU and 2 against WVU int he first 2 weeks of the season.

And I reviewed the local news story about his pro day. "Unofficial time" of 4.6 whatever. I thought the 4.9 sounded a little too slow. I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in between. It's worth noting that he attributed his slow 40 at the combine to nerves. Which is understandable, but probably not something he should admit.

I'm a big MU fan, but I'll be disappointed if BB takes Curry with any of his first four picks.

You misunderstand: Nobody's suggesting we take Curry, my good man.

These are merely evaluations of their true Value, not Patriot-specific analyses.

That, I leave to fine minds such as your own. ;)

OL and Dl read several to go.

Thx for the reseacrh and education OTG.

Very helpful for watching the draft.

This free agency period has been awesome we added such depth.

Looks like the BB and J McD regime will work great together.

You misunderstand: Nobody's suggesting we take Curry, my good man.

These are merely evaluations of their true Value, not Patriot-specific analyses.

That, I leave to fine minds such as your own. ;)

I was going to ask that. So the evaluation is not scheme dependent.

So Childs while he may be a Beast!! here, he may just be a Starter!! in Miami, and opposite is true of somebody like Stephen Hill.

From http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft

6. New England Patriots (via St. Louis – Projected)
Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina (Scouting Report)
When Bill Belichick wants a guy, he gets his guy – be that by trading down or trading up. In this case, Belichick finally cashes in his two first round picks for a guy that can play nearly every position in both odd and even fronts: 5-tech, 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT, 3-4 OLB, Elephant LB. Trading the #27 and #31 comes up a bit light on the trade value chart, but St. Louis seems very interested in trading down again.

NE PAtriots draft Would this make everyone Happy or what????--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OL and Dl read several to go.

Thx for the reseacrh and education OTG.

Very helpful for watching the draft.

This free agency period has been awesome we added such depth.

Looks like the BB and J McD regime will work great together.

Thanks for reading, Brother B.

That's EXACTLY why I do it ~ and to develop my own thinking ~ at it is GREATLY appreciated. :cool:

JACKED about the season to come!! :D

I was going to ask that. So the evaluation is not scheme dependent.

So Childs while he may be a Beast!! here, he may just be a Starter!! in Miami, and opposite is true of somebody like Stephen Hill.

Exactly!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back