PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Senior Bowl... trip down memory lane

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
2011 was an epic draft year

Interesting to read the Senior Bowl comments with the benefit of hindsight. I saw some of the Senior Bowl practices that year and was very impressed by Von Miller; he put on a flat out bull rush against Oher and utterly demolished him despite giving up over 70 pounds. Dude proved it this year, type of guy you can build your defense around.

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

2011 draft
National Football League: NFL Draft History

2011 was an epic draft year

Interesting to read the Senior Bowl comments with the benefit of hindsight. I saw some of the Senior Bowl practices that year and was very impressed by Von Miller; he put on a flat out bull rush against Oher and utterly demolished him despite giving up over 70 pounds. Dude proved it this year, type of guy you can build your defense around.

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

2011 draft
National Football League: NFL Draft History

That was one heck of a draft, we haven't seen one that deep since then. It was a nice year to have three of the first 33 picks, although Oakland picked a bad year to actually finish .500! I don't mind the trade out from 28, we got good value there (essentially Shane Vereen and Chandler Jones the next year). Stinks that Ras-I couldn't stay healthy and he lost his skills when he finally did return.

I wanted Cameron Jordan and Gabe Carimi that draft. Jordan would have been fine here, but as far as Carimi is concerned, yet another good reason why I'm not in charge!

although Oakland picked a bad year to actually finish .500!
Indeed. Not a knock on Solder, but imagine if we'd gotten the #8 or #9 instead of the #17 pick. Could've either gone with J.J. Watt or if they considered a Light successor more important Tyron Smith.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back