PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have—as one Pats poster did a couple of years ago—another team's future draft pick as a binky? :)

The Eagles took six of my Pats binkys in the last draft.

Anyone have—as one Pats poster did a couple of years ago—another team's future draft pick as a binky? :)

YES!!!
jester.gif

I am VERY smitten with the Raider 2012 1st Rounder, via a trade of #33 + #156 for #81 + the 2012 1st Rounder!! :D

A face to the Pick???

Well, I'm looking for the Raiders to deliver #4 or so to us, enabling us to Trade Down SEVERAL times, and reap an harvest of OC Mike Brewster, OC Peter Konz...and perhaps FS Kenny Tate!! :D

I'm a huge Kenny Tate fan. I had him as the 33rd pick in one of my mocks before he didn't declare:rocker:

I guess to me it's becoming pretty apparent that other than the RT that whole OL has to be rebuilt and I believe in a year when they should be adding the finishing pieces to their defense they will have to rebuild the OL. I just don't see Mankins playing for us unless we franchise him. Will they resign Matt Light, Neal has retired and Koppen's best days are behind him he is to small to play in that conference. So I think 3 out of the the first seven picks will be OL and once again in my opinion this goes back to the owner there is just no reason why Mankins shouldn't have been signed even 3 years ago he proved he was an elite player.

I guess to me it's becoming pretty apparent that other than the RT that whole OL has to be rebuilt and I believe in a year when they should be adding the finishing pieces to their defense they will have to rebuild the OL. I just don't see Mankins playing for us unless we franchise him. Will they resign Matt Light, Neal has retired and Koppen's best days are behind him he is to small to play in that conference. So I think 3 out of the the first seven picks will be OL and once again in my opinion this goes back to the owner there is just no reason why Mankins shouldn't have been signed even 3 years ago he proved he was an elite player.

Yeah, and in a way it works out just fine that Tate went back to school. We can grab him with the 32nd pick next year after getting a DE, OLB, and OL early in this draft:cool:

I guess to me it's becoming pretty apparent that other than the RT that whole OL has to be rebuilt and I believe in a year when they should be adding the finishing pieces to their defense they will have to rebuild the OL.

But that's the beauty of the way the Patriots manage things: they can rebuild the OL, AND draft some of those finishing pieces, AND have an extra high pick to trade into 2012. :)

- Randall "Tex" Cobb
- Mark Herzlich
- Danny Watkins

Although he's already on the team I totally want to see Steve Maneri become a legit starter. I'm absolutely in love with the idea of taking guys that don't quite fit in a particular position, for cheap of course, and then training them up behind the scenes and then unleashing them. Taking an undrafted TE and turning him into a starting RT is an EPIC WIN!

My candidate for this years stealth acquisition is Lee Smith, who doesn't project to be a very good TE at the next level, no problem, lets get him and give him the Maneri treatment and we have a dynamite backup and potential future starter.

Although he's already on the team I totally want to see Steve Maneri become a legit starter. I'm absolutely in love with the idea of taking guys that don't quite fit in a particular position, for cheap of course, and then training them up behind the scenes and then unleashing them. Taking an undrafted TE and turning him into a starting RT is an EPIC WIN!

I'm right there with ya. He got three practice awards last season, so he's definitely doing something right. Backup swing tackle this coming season. I'm calling it now:cool:

- Randall "Tex" Cobb
- Mark Herzlich
- Danny Watkins

My candidate for this years stealth acquisition is Lee Smith, who doesn't project to be a very good TE at the next level, no problem, lets get him and give him the Maneri treatment and we have a dynamite backup and potential future starter.

I'm right there with ya. He got three practice awards last season, so he's definitely doing something right. Backup swing tackle this coming season. I'm calling it now:cool:

Glad you're on board, gentlemen. ;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/696681-steve-maneri.html

Frankly, with the combination of his natural athletic skills, his ferocity, his passion, his intelligence, and Dante's extraordinary ability to extract diamonds from raw coal...I think we have a potential All Pro on our hands.

It's no secret that Steve Maneri was a Priority Binky of mine, last April...or that I've been pimping him as The Ultimate Swing Tackle since we stole him in September. :cool:

And Lee Smith is clearly the 2011 version of him: a MONSTER of a Blocker.

It was Wes Bunting, back in October, I think, who first suggested that Smith would best be served as a Conversion, a la Maneri.

He's also suggested the same about Will Yeatman, who has IMMENSE gifts, but might actually go Undrafted. :eek:

I'd be THRILLED if we drafted Smith as End OR as Tackle...but I'd be ECSTATIC if we snagged Yeatman.

It's no secret that Steve Maneri was a Priority Binky of mine, last April...or that I've been pimping him as The Ultimate Swing Tackle since we stole him in September. :cool:

And Lee Smith is clearly the 2011 version of him: a MONSTER of a Blocker.

It was Wes Bunting, back in October, I think, who first suggested that Smith would best be served as a Conversion, a la Maneri.

He's also suggested the same about Will Yeatman, who has IMMENSE gifts, but might actually go Undrafted. :eek:

I'd be THRILLED if we drafted Smith as End OR as Tackle...but I'd be ECSTATIC if we snagged Yeatman.

Just thought I'd point out that we now have Maneri, Smith, and Yeatman on the Patriots now. :singing:

Just thought I'd point out that we now have Maneri, Smith, and Yeatman on the Patriots now. :singing:

NOW how much would you pay?? :D

You are the freaking MAN, Brother Reamer!! :D :rocker:

Since I almost always pick a sooner for this (being a huge OU fan) here is mine

DeMarco Murray

Season stats

Yards: 1,214
YPA: 4.3
Rush TD's: 15
Receptions: 71
Rec yards: 595
Rec TD's: 5

Total Yards (not including KO's)

Total TD's:

Well at least my binkie from last year had one good game... well good might be an understatement. Hope he does well for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST