PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 vs. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2016 D has me much more excited than the 2007 D. But, Crazy things need to happen for a team to win every game. Improbable event. But, in the big games, this 2014-15-16 gives me much more confidence than any since the 2003-04 days.

I don't mind seeing the Giants have this done to them every...single...game

Im in the minority, but i actually do not hate the giants. I actually have deep respect for them and the organization. I like the way they do things

The 2016 D has me much more excited than the 2007 D. But, Crazy things need to happen for a team to win every game. Improbable event. But, in the big games, this 2014-15-16 gives me much more confidence than any since the 2003-04 days.

I was thinking the same thing. I think people get caught up with the stat that is an undefeated season, but what the 2003-04 team did, winning 21 games in a row from (ended the season-superbowl 15-0 and started the next season 6-0) probably is a bigger accomplishment. It was done because that defense was outstanding, and Brady was instructed not to turn the ball over.

2016, its the 1st time since 2003-4 that I have faith that the defense can carry the team. When fully healthy, I think they could rival the early 2000's. After the collapse against the Colts in 2006, I started loosing faith in the defense because they were getting 'older', and in 2007, they were good, but they were always playing with the lead. They played well enough, but could not make that last 1 play. I think the 2007 defense was about experience, anticipating the opponents, being in the right spot, etc. I think the 2016 defense is more athletic, faster, and finally has enough 'experience'. I see this defense as better than 2014 and 2015 (and 2007) and that has me more excited.

Brady just needs to not turn the ball over and kill the clock. Brady also needs a Kevin Faulk, or Shane Vereen. We lost 2007 because Faulk was injured (in my opinion), and we won 2014 because of Vereen (in my opinion). I am hoping Lewis is that guy for Brady.

Brady and Lewis to return, Gronk to get more playing time alongside another beast of a TE in Bennett, and a vastly improved OL from last year. All of this to go along with an elite defense that's about to get Hightower and Ninkovich back.

If we stay relatively healthy, we're guaranteed SB #5.

Any ... given ... Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore