PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Interactive NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was gonna say gabe hall, but koets would do fine

I would say best available OL'men w/ what has happened w/ Faneca etc... That would be Wrotto, but he did try to pick an OT, so I'll go w/ the consensus here (i.e. Koets would be fine).

Last edited:
No idea who Koets is... but looks like he's the guy. We are stopping at end of 4 rounds right?

What's funny is when he attempted to draft Frye it made me feel really good about a choice I made. I had five different players I was looking at and I knew Frye was an option for the Chargers in round three. I almost thought taking him at the end of round three might have been a stretch because I might have been able to get him in the fourth. I decided to take him in the third because I thought maybe somebody would grab him before my fourth round pick.

Patchick is doing a pretty good job of keeping the first page of the Interactive Mock Draft up to date and since its getting late in the draft I think GM's should check out that page first and then check out the last page to try and make sure they are not selecting someone that has already been selected.

Last edited:
NY Giants picks...

Are now complete. All of their priority needs were filled -- except CB. In two separate rounds, I was waiting to draft a specific CB -- to no avail, as each was gobbled up prior to the Giants' selection. Remained true to drafting for value first, while ignoring the temptation to reach -- hence the omission at CB.

R1 -- OLB Paul Posluszny. IMO, a potential 5-yr starter from the get-go.

R2 -- WR Craig Davis. As previously mentioned, he attended the Eli Manning passing camp during the summer. The hope here was, their connection was a positive one -- and would continue on the NFL level.

R3 -- SS Sabby Piscitelli. Giants in desparate need of a cover Safety -- and this guy can.

R4 -- OT Mike Otto. 4-yr starters at OL from major schools need less developmental time. And as a left tackle -- Manning will be pleased.

Potentially, the Giants got themselves four starters, by probably year two at the latest.

OK, I (and the Falcons) are done. Big needs were DE, OT, FS, DT, CB, OG, MLB, and developmental projects @ WR, RB, SS. Drafted were:

8) Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville- one of the highest ceilings in the draft.
39) Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue- Disrupter from the corner. To good for me to pass on.
44) Arron Sears, OL, Tenn- One of the top 6 talents @ OL in the draft. Should start from day one. Had Meriweather @ this choice, but I thought the talent dropoff was greater on the OLine vs. Safety. Might be one regreted down the road.
75) Josh Gattis, FS, Wake Forest- had this one penciled in as soon as I made pick 44. Prayed that he would reach me. I must have been good in a previous life...
109) Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech- I was torn between Bennett, Scott, Davis & Mike Walker @ this pick. I thought that Scott would be the best fit for this D. I have no love for Jimmy Williams, so IMM, he'll be @ least a nickle back, potentially a starter in the long term.
121) Mike Walker, WR, Central Florida- I have big love for this guy- wanted to take him @ 109. One to watch IMO.

Falcons depth chart:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?formationId=16&team=atl

Last edited:
The Cowboys are pleased to pick up the best player avaliable, emphasis on player, at pick #122. Marcus Thomas was a four year starter at NT for perennial power Florida. He was considering declaring for the draft after his junior year (where he was projected as either a first rounder or an early second) but wanted to stay with the Gators and win a national championship. Unfortunately during the summer Thomas tested positive for marijuana. He was suspended for the start of the season. When he returned Thomas made 24 tackles and 4 sacks altogether in just four games. After these four games Thomas was kicked off the team. While the rumors were he failed another drug test, that was NOT the case. He missed a drug education class while traveling to his home town of Jacksonville. While the Cowboys are fully aware that this draft pick may not go over well in some quarters, our response is that we truly believe that Thomas is a good kid and a great football player who's made some bad choices off the field. We are looking for veterans on the team to mentor him and make sure he stays clear of trouble. We're also hoping Thomas has a chip on his shoulder to prove the doubters wrong. Nobody is questioning the natural ability. The Cowboys have already taken three high character guys with our first three picks in Joe Staley, Jason Hill, and Usama Young. DT is a need position BTW. Jason Ferguson is getting older and older. The depth is also a bit sketchy.

As for our overall draft I'm delighted how it turned out. We addressed a very important part of the team at O-line. Ultimately I picked Joe Staley over Robert Meachem in the first simply because I want to follow the BB/Pioli thought of, "build from the lines." Although the incredible depth at WR in this year's draft helped make the decision a tad easier. Anbody who saw the Senior Bowl knows what the Cowboys are getting in Jason Hill. He's smart, fast, and was very productive for Washington State. And we have Usama Young, another team leader/smart player/productive player who's literally flying up the draft boards around the league. I know someone is asking why didn't the Cowboys draft a free safety to partner up with Roy Williams? Ken Hamlin and Pat Watkins is why. Ken Hamlin was lights out for the Seahawks until his little night club bust up. I look at Pat Watkins like how the Pats look at James Sanders. Here we have a young safety who was drafted in the mid to late rounds but was thrown into the fire in his first years as a pro. By most accounts Watkins showed potential. He's still a little raw, but with the addition of Hamlin, he has time to mature.

This has been fun. Kudos to sebman for running this thing without any problems whatsoever. I call the Cowboys for next year.

I am very sorry I typed in and selected Brandon Frye T of Va Tech but for some reason I messed up and it didnt get entered .
Apologies to all.

Oops I missed that.
You picked him way too early.

Oops I missed that.
You picked him way too early.

I picked him at the very end of the third round, and you tried to take him half way through the fourth round.....I think I picked him exactly where I should have, since I have another pick, and I knew I wanted him.

d%#*!@t, If I'd known you were going to take Frampton, I would have done it just to cheese you off.

Seriously, I had been planning to take him all along, and even typed his name in this morning. Right before I hit send, I changed it. My thinking is that even though I think Frampton is more accomplished, pairing Harrison (bigger and faster) with Wendling is going to give me a safety tandem with size, speed, quickness, and who can play either safety position. That versatility and scheming advantage led me to change my pick at the last second.

Last edited:
d%#*!@t, If I'd known you were going to take Frampton, I would have done it just to cheese you off.

Seriously, I had been planning to take him all along, and even typed his name in this morning. Right before I hit send, I changed it. My thinking is that even though I think Frampton is more accomplished, pairing Harrison (bigger and faster) with Wendling is going to give me a safety tandem with size, speed, quickness, and who can play either safety position. That versatility and scheming advantage led me to change my pick at the last second.

I didn't expect Wendling to last that long.

Sey93,

As a cowboy supporter, let me say you did a fine job on their draft. Each pick was perfect.

Didn't Marcus Thomas also punch a teammate last year? If so, that is an added bonus - perhaps they could put his locker next to TO's.

Seattle's Needs:

TE - Getting a 1st round value when you're without a 1st round selection is amazing in & of itself, but to get one that addresses a need is incredible. Zach Miller is worthy of the comparisons to his fellow alumn Todd Heap. He's the complete TE & snatching him up in the 2nd round should help Seattle fans forget Jerramy Stevens.

DT - Had Zach Miller not fallen to them at #55, Quinn Pitc0ck would have been the pick in round 2. Of course I was 1 pick away from having Quinn also fall to me in the 3rd round. :( But Paul Soliai is not much of a drop off.

G - Still looking to replace the loss of Hutchinson, Seattle could've gone with Mike Jones in the 4th round. But he lacks the athleticism they're looking for. Tala Esera from Hawaii would be the perfect fit & hopefully he is still available in the later rounds.

FS - They did bring in Deon Grant, but depth is still a major concern. Unfortunately we weren't able to address this position yet. Had Josh Gattis slipped to us in the 3rd he would've been hard to pass on.

OLB - Earl Everett was the 2nd choice behind Kevin Kolb, but the QB's value was just too great to pass up in the 4th round. If Everett is taken prior to their pick in the 5th round they will probably look to address the OL.

QB - Not a priority obviously, but Matt Hasselbeck is no spring chicken. The Seahawks have Kolb as the 3rd rated QB of this class, so to get him in the 4th round is outstanding.

Saints check-out: Main targets expected to be avail. (that I remember), pick, why

1st: Meachem, Harrell, maybe Olsen. Chris Houston, CB. Has proven to be better at man against future NFL WRs than Fred Thomas is against current. May be the most talented "athlete" at position. Can new NO coaches extract his perceived weaknesses? In hindsight, maybe would have considered Meriweather or Weddle.

2nd: WR: Gonzales, C. Davis (LSU), Hill. S: Weddle/Meriweather. Woodley, maybe Miller (TE). Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE/DT/TE?. Prolly the hardest pick. Along w/C. Johnson and R.McDonald, figured it was the best opportunity the get a top DL. Went with the most upside. If DL doesn't pan out, he'll be a TE. By many accounts, should become a steal for DL.

3rd: B. Davis (LB), Gattis, Piscitelli, Allison, Patrick. Andy Alleman, G. Between J.L.Higgins or Alleman. Great OL depth, maybe starter. Thought I'd nab a WR in the fourth. Really wanted Davis...

4th: WR: M. Walker, Clowney. Wendling, Barbre, AJ Davis, M. Thomas (DT). Really liked M. Walker and was bummed he got picked.
Antwan Barnes, LB. High production at FIU w/ top combine #'s. Was recuited to Mich, LSU, Miami. If he had 65% of the production there, he'd be a top 64 player.
Chris Davis, WR. Quick, elusive, hands. Knocked for being small. Wanted Walker, but not a huge drop-off.
Eric Frampton, S. Like Barnes without the workout #s. Very productive, good pedigree. Enforcer type. Saints play a lot of 3 safety sets. Harper roams, Frampton'll lay 'em out.

So, had some fun and it was an excuse to become better informed about the draft. Gained an appreciation for the aspects of strategy and disappointment. It's tough seeing players you really like getting picked 3 spots in front of you....

Thanks to Sebman for all his efforts and Patchick for updates, etc. Thanks all for your efforts. I think everyone so far has actually really made great choices and infused some prime talent to their teams. Looking things over, I honestly think that my draft prolly lies in the bottom third...
:rocker:

I'm all done:
Michael Griffin S Texas
Aundrae Allison WR East Carolina
Brian Robison LB Texas
Brandon Frye OT Virginia Tech
Kolby Smith RB Louisville

Last edited:
if you post it team by team, ill grade lol

I was bored...

49ers- dryheat44 - ALLEN BARBRE OT MISSOURI SOUTHERN
49ers- dryheat44 - ANTHONY GONZALEZ WR OHIO STATE