PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1st round mock: Final edition

Love Jaire Alexander, less sure about Davenport a) falling that far and B) whether he’s a risk. Can’t odds the potential value there, particularly in this class.

Da-Ron Payne is someone that’s interesting me for the Pats though if he falls. If they don’t pick up Brown’s 5th year option, that could be something worth watching. I think Payne provides a good combination of penetration nd run defense - I’m never sure about the Bryan/Hurst type 3-techs whose speciality is to play the 1-gap but are perhaps a little more limited as 2-gappers. I can see Payne providing more balance for what B.B. likes from a DT.

For me, if it's a choice between Reid and Davenport at #31, I'm going with Reid.

I'd be pretty bummed if this is how the drafts falls to us. I'm hopeful of Rosen sliding into the 8-12 range and/or Lamar Jackson being there at 23. I love Alexander but not so keen on Davenport. I'd probably trade down from 31 if it happened this way. Hopefully a team wants to come up to get Rudolph. I'm pretty confident the Pats go some variation on QB/LB/OT/S in the first round.

I'm also hoping that Harrison is there for us at 31, but ideally 43.

Given that Brady's agent says TB wants to play a few more years..( For what that's worth) does BB really spend high draft capital on his replacement this year? Unless one of the top 5 QB's that he covets drops near 23 I think he goes with BPA on his board.......of course he could always trade back a few to gain another pick in a round where he has none.....

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back