PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1995 New England Patriots Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

demerit

On the Roster
Reaction score
So I spent my Friday last night digitizing an old VHS copy I had kicking around from 1995 of the Patriots season that year. The tape had degraded big time but thanks to some serious deinterlacing and denoising processing, the image quality isn't that bad. The audio however, is seriously awful although you can make out what is being said if you listen carefully. Anyway, the YouTube link is below so feel free to enjoy the mediocrity that was the 1995 New England Patriots season.

Outside of Curtis Martin being sensational, that team was just lousy. Drew's stats were awful that year.

Someone remind me, what happened to Drew exactly? Because they were just coming off a year where they won 7 straight to get into the playoffs, and Bledsoe lead the league in yards. Why did Drew's play drop off that year, did he have injuries he was dealing with?

Drew was a 50% passer in '95....yikes. Not to make excuses but Brisby was his #1 WR....double yikes

Team/player stats
1995 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That season was so goddamn frustrating.

Defense was slow. My gad. Couldn't stop anything. IIRC Drew played with a seperated shoulder for most of the year that he got in SF.

Best parts of the whole year was beating CLE game 1 (which people thought was a SB contender) and the end.

I think this was the year that Bledsoe separated his shoulder. Those last few games he was throwing ducks bouncing in front of receivers.

Say what you want about Drew, but he played hurt.

Mediocre? Lousy? In 1995? Try 1990.

Curtis Martin was unstoppable :eek: Miss having a running threat like that...

I'm not exactly sure where that ranks but IMO it has to be in the top 5 worst personnel decisions in New England Sports History. For the hell of it....

1. Babe Ruth
2. Curtis Martin
3. Jeff Bagwell...
4. Mike Haynes
5a. Mike Boddicker for Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson.
5b. Carlton Fisk.

Mediocre? Lousy? In 1995? Try 1990.

I say this repeatedly but thank god I spend 1989-1993 in college. Alcohol, pot and girls were the only ways to get thru that era.

So I spent my Friday last night digitizing an old VHS copy I had kicking around from 1995 of the Patriots season that year. The tape had degraded big time but thanks to some serious deinterlacing and denoising processing, the image quality isn't that bad. The audio however, is seriously awful although you can make out what is being said if you listen carefully. Anyway, the YouTube link is below so feel free to enjoy the mediocrity that was the 1995 New England Patriots season.

The audio was rough but my god Peter King was a blimp.

I'm not exactly sure where that ranks but IMO it has to be in the top 5 worst personnel decisions in New England Sports History. For the hell of it....

1. Babe Ruth
2. Curtis Martin
3. Jeff Bagwell...
4. Mike Haynes
5a. Mike Boddicker for Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson.
5b. Carlton Fisk.
I can only imagine what it would've been like to have Martin in those Super Bowl back fields in the early 2000's...

Thanks for the great trip down memory lane. No demerits for you today.

Seeing that reminded me of what jerks Martin and Tuna Crap were.

We all thought the 95 Pats would take the logical "next step" and make a deep playoff run after the playoffs in 94. After they beat Cleveland in the opener I remember, maybe it was SI, a national mag cover had "New England beats Cleveland in Battle of AFC Powers" as the headline....funny, that...

I can only imagine what it would've been like to have Martin in those Super Bowl back fields in the early 2000's...

Yep- He would have been great but turned while they could have used him, they didn't really need him. :D

I still remember my temper tantrum during that Saints game.

I remember the Packers had no answer for Martin in that Super Bowl. Instead Drew was throwing a lot....

I still remember my temper tantrum during that Saints game.

I remember walking thru Logan just as that game was ending.

By way of a miracle, Mrs RW and I watched the Bills game the prior Sunday in St Lucia on our honeymoon. Couldn't believe the resort had it on.

I remember the Packers had no answer for Martin in that Super Bowl. Instead Drew was throwing a lot....

He had a couple of good runs and a nice catch but hes was fairly quiet IIRC. Pack D was very good that year.

Its been beaten to death 1000 times but if Howard doesn't return that kick I think that Pats have a great shot.

Special teams and bad deep coverage killed that Pats that day..

I think this was the year that Bledsoe separated his shoulder. Those last few games he was throwing ducks bouncing in front of receivers. Say what you want about Drew, but he played hurt.
Yup, it was, I remember that too. Also that year Tuna had emergency care after a game (can't recall which one) because he thought he was having a heart attack. That was a strange season. I think Carolina was an expansion team that year and came in and beat the Pats; everyone was pissed but Tuna said it wasn't surprising they played well because "They have a veteran defense!" Pats went 5-3 in the division that season but won only six games. o_O

Last edited:
He had a couple of good runs and a nice catch but hes was fairly quiet IIRC. Pack D was very good that year.

Its been beaten to death 1000 times but if Howard doesn't return that kick I think that Pats have a great shot.

Special teams and bad deep coverage killed that Pats that day..

Martin was taking them to school in the third quarter. I don't know if Perkins or Drew saw something to exploit but whatever it was it was working. IIRC that TD drive was almost all him.

I really think the Pats win that game outright if Tuna's head was in the game and not elsewhere. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes