• Super Bowl XX 1985 Patriots

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Super Bowl XXXI 1996 Patriots

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
17-14. That's a nice footbally score. :D

I know what you mean. I think I would trade it. I was at the 86 SB in NO. I went there with friends w/o tickets. We figured if we didn't get in we'd just go to one of the 4 million great bars and watch it there. We got end zone seats among 8 million Bears fans on the street for $300 per about 30 minutes before kickoff. When the Pats went ahead 3-0 in the first quarter, we went nuts giving Chicago fans crap. Major error, LOL.

Saw it in Mainz, where I was stationed. For those scoring at home, that's 6 hours east of here, so the game ended just in time to get showered and shaved and into Formation before we were called to Attention. It wasn't a great day.

1985. No question. Had just finished basic training and was away from home for the first time AND John "freaking" Hannah!!!!

Wait a minute. Where the phuck were you stationed??

Hot take: I choose neither. Who knows if we have this current run if we win either of those super bowls? Possibly changes the timeline of the franchise and screw everything up...

124c0fe2ad93de40e6d7550c8ab7bb9d891a76b8ce4b315059dd9ec59b9cd61c.jpg

'85 Bears were like '86 Mets - arrogant and inferior.

You've said some deeply whacked-out **** around here, Alleged Pats Fan ~ starting with your screen name ~ but that may take the cake!!
jester.gif

Sure Grogan should've started that game. Everybody says that. But if he had, it would've still most likely ended up going 34-16 Chicago, or something like that.

Nobody was stopping that train.

The Jets were “good” even in 1986.
They started out 10-1...but in typical Jets Fashion, needed up 10-6.

Yeah, but that was because their Defensive Line got gutted by injuries.

They lost 3 Starters ~ Marty Lyons and my boys Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau over the course of about 5 freaking minutes, it seemed. :eek:

Christ, I loved that Jets Front Line. Being a Pats Fan never cost me appreciation for another team's excellence, and that Soylent Green Defense was nasty!! :eek:

If Bledsoe had a ring, he "might" have been given his job back (Brady was only 5-3 with not great stats when Bledsoe was ready) I have wondered if 96 had been won if he might not have lost his job.

BB wouldn't have given a rats fart about 1996

would not have been because of BB. Kraft might have overruled him at that time. BB was not yet who he became at that point. In fact I think you are likely wrong.

I would respectfully disagree. Perhaps you'll remember? Just a few months previously, Coach Bill had suspended none other than Terry Glenn, who was considered by most Fans ~ and Media ~ to be our entire Offense.

In fact, I'm pretty confident that 99% of Patriots Fans, with Coach Bill coming off an inaugural 5-11 season, would've screamed for Belichick's head.

And Kraft didn't say a peep.

I admired that. :cool:

My favorite trivia from that Jets finish was after the 10th win, NBC studio commentator Paul McGuire predicted the Jets would not win another game. By week 16, the pregame show had replayed that prediction multiple times.

After the Jets instantaneously lost their entire Defensive Line, that collapse was one of the most predictable collapses in sports History.

I saw it coming.

McGuire saw it coming.

Everybody
saw it coming.

Agreed. Nobody was running on them thst year, especially late in the year.

Passing was a different matter, though, but it took having a smart attack and a fearless QB to execute it.

1985 Patriots? Smart attack? Check.

Fearless QuaterBack?

22393152.jpg

The Bears were awesome that year. Of course they did dare you to pass against their incredible pass rush, but only Marino could, that's one team.

That was a Monday Night Game in FishTown and McMahon didn't play.

The squishy fish play the Bears that Year on a neutral sight?

The same Fish that we stomped in Miami??

46-10 is nothing compared to what the Bears would've done to them. o_O

Yeah, but that was because their Defensive Line got gutted by injuries.

They lost 3 Starters ~ Marty Lyons and my boys Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau over the course of about 5 freaking minutes, it seemed. :eek:

Christ, I loved that Jets Front Line. Being a Pats Fan never cost me appreciation for another team's excellence, and that Soylent Green Defense was nasty!! :eek:
The New York Sack Exchange.

85 had a better all around roster, but 96 had the better HC and QB.

I'd agree except that coach in 1996 bailed on team before finishing the job.......if he was on task, I believe the Pats can beat the Packers that day.......Fairbanks, same thing in 1978....

That was a Monday Night Game in FishTown and McMahon didn't play.

The squishy fish play the Bears that Year on a neutral sight?

The same Fish that we stomped in Miami??

46-10 is nothing compared to what the Bears would've done to them. o_O

McMahon played

McMahon played

Yeah. 6 Passes worth. In the 4th Quarter after it was all over. :rolleyes:

I didn't say zero Snaps, genius. o_O

Fuller started that game because McMahon was hurt.

McMahon only mopped up.

I repeat: an healthy McMahon starts the Super Bowl against the Fish ~ which he did not do in Miami ~ and it's a greater slaughter even than what the Bears put down on us.

Last edited:
Yeah. 6 Passes worth. In the 4th Quarter after it was all over. :rolleyes:

I didn't say zero Snaps, genius. o_O

Fuller started that game because McMahon was hurt.

McMahon only mopped up.

I repeat: an healthy McMahon starts the Super Bowl against the Fish ~ which he did not do in Miami ~ and it's a greater slaughter even than what the Bears put down on us.

you said he didn't play

I said he played

then you said "I didn't say zero Snaps, genius. o_O"

so he played

as for the 'greater slaughter' ******** ...... well, that's exactly what it is....3 games prior to the dolphins, Fuller starts and the Bears outscored the opponents 104-3......your point is silly...Mcmahon was sure to prevent the defense from giving up 38.....lol

While 85 had better talent they had no business getting to the SB they caught fire at the right time. If I recall they had some big special teams and def tds during that run.

I think 1996 was much better organized and coached. They had a real shot at winning that game if only they had some kick coverage.

I never liked Eason,but it wouldnt have mattered much, I think he soiled his pants if you rewatch the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down