PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

18-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2007 loss gave me nightmares for two days. I was fully invested. I didn't watch that game again until we beat the Seahawks. The same goes for our 2nd Superbowl against the Giants. I've watched that one a couple times now. Gronk was close to pulling a miracle catch of his own on the hail Mary at the end. Would have been nice to have finished that one off.

The Pats nearly lost at home to Matt Flynn. They weren't winning in 2010.

Brady destroyed Pittsburgh earlier that year too. Imo they win the SB if they beat the Jets. I'm not sure what caused them to come out and play bad. Maybe they thought the Jets would be too scared after the MNF beatdown. Maybe it was Welker distraction.

06 AFCCG loss stung. After Samuel took it to the house, I went online and ordered tickets to Miami.

I'll say this about 07: That team has a better chance of winning the SB if they lose to Baltimore on Monday night or Philly in SNF. I believe the weight of being undefeated hurt them. Also, remember how the Patriots gained confidence after losing to the Rams by seven in 01? Same with Giants keeping it close in finale. Nonetheless, I can watch that game without feeling bitterness anymore.
Call me crazy but the moment I saw that Bill put on a blazing red hoodie instead of his usual gray that he had iirc worn all 16 regular games that year I knew we were in for trouble. It meant that the moment was in his head, he was dressed for history instead of being in the moment like he ALWAYS is. I honestly think the lackluster play in the first half at least partially flowed out of that.

I think he learned from that, I don't think I have ever seen him dressing up for the Superbowl again. At least not to that extent.

Call me crazy but the moment I saw that Bill put on a blazing red hoodie instead of his usual gray that he had iirc worn all 16 regular games that year I knew we were in for trouble. It meant that the moment was in his head, he was dressed for history instead of being in the moment like he ALWAYS is.

Yeah that red hoodie was a bad sign. He's worn it during other losses too. It needs to be burned with fire!! If it hasn't already...

Pats have 2 losses. Can only go 17-2 at best, like last year. What is this 18-1 talk? You can't be talking Eagles? Even Eagles fans aren't thinking that.

So confuse.

Regards,
Chris

To me, the victories in the 2014 and 2016 Super Bowls make up for the 07 and 11 super bowl losses.

Pats have 2 losses. Can only go 17-2 at best, like last year. What is this 18-1 talk? You can't be talking Eagles? Even Eagles fans aren't thinking that.

So confuse.

Regards,
Chris

"Eagles fans" ?

You need to take it easy. He's just a new kid in town and I've got this peaceful easy feeling that one of these nights he's going to take it to the limit. I can't tell you why.

Get over it.

:D

I am not going to reply to this thread, I am excited about today's game, this season and the playoffs of this season.

Thanks for this useful thread.

Here's my thing. I think the ghosts of 07 and 11 made the 14 and 16 wins much greater. It all felt like it was part of story.

Nobody can tell me it wasn't that much sweeter watching the curse catch nullified by the defense actually getting a stop for once and the Edelman freakshow catch last year without the Tyree catch, Manningham catch, Samuels drop, and Welker drop in the back of our mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back