65. Cincinnati: Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State
66. Washington: Cesar Ruiz, G, Michigan
67. Detroit: Austin Jackson, OT, USC
68. New York Jets - from New York Giants: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
69. Carolina: Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia
70. Miami: Zack Moss, RB, Utah
71. Los Angeles Chargers: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida
72. Arizona: Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame
73. Jacksonville: Robert Hunt, G/C, Louisiana-Lafayette 74. Cleveland: Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
75. Indianapolis: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
76. New England from Bucs: Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah (+ 4th #117. Bucs get WR Julian Edelman+ N.E. 4TH #125 )
77. Denver: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
78. Atlanta: K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State 79. New York Jets: Jonah Jackson, G, Ohio State
80. Las Vegas: Netane Muti, G, Fresno State
81. Las Vegas - from Chicago: Ashtyn Davis, S, California
82. Dallas: Nick Harris, C, Washington
83. Denver - from Pittsburgh: K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
84. Los Angeles Rams: Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
85. Detroit - from Philadelphia: John Simpson, G, Clemson
86. Buffalo: Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
87. New England: Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
88. New Orleans: Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
89. Minnesota: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
90. Houston: Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse
91. Las Vegas - from Houston via Seattle: James Lynch, DT/DE , Baylor
92. Baltimore: Willie Gay Jr., LB Mississippi State
93. Tennessee: Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington
94. Green Bay: Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
95. Denver - from San Francisco: Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan
96. Kansas City: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
97. Cleveland - from Houston (compensatory): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
98. L.A. Rams from New England(compensatory): J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State 99. New York Giants (compensatory): Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
100. New England (compensatory): Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
101. Seattle (compensatory): Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
102. Pittsburgh (compensatory): Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky
103. Philadelphia (compensatory): Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's
104. Los Angeles Rams (compensatory): Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn
105. Minnesota (compensatory): Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
106. Baltimore (compensatory): Lynn Bowden Jr. WR, Kentucky

How can Cesar Ruiz be still around at 66? Dude is first or, worse case, early second round.

I think NE would take a long look at him with our first. Dave Andrews May have to retire, as the team may know before the fans.

I remember when Parcells came in the first thing he fixed was our weakness at center. Can’t have that with Stidham.

76. New England from Bucs: Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah (+ 4th #117. Bucs get WR Julian Edelman+ N.E. 4TH #125 )

tenor.gif

Cousin, Read the 4th round. It gets better. So we get a third and 4th for JE that gets us Samuel.
We packaged the Tampa pick for Curtis Samuel, WR from Carolina
DW Toys

Cousin, Read the 4th round. It gets better. So we get a third and 4th for JE that gets us Samuel.
We packaged the Tampa pick for Curtis Samuel, WR from Carolina
DW Toys

In my book, any realistic series of moves including "trade Edelman" is a disaster.

Actually no offense but having the monkey jump up and crap on the laptop after shoving it off table would be better gif!!!! Only kidding DWToys....you’re good people!

Actually no offense but having the monkey jump up and crap on the laptop after shoving it off table would be better gif!!!! Only kidding DWToys....you’re good people!
Mutually.
DW Toys

No better TE in the League down the stretch as far as production,
"Tyler Higbee finished the 2019 season with a stunningly productive stretch of five games, topping 100 yards in four of them. In total, Higbee caught 69 passes for 734 yards and three touchdowns last season."
He was 8th in rec yards for TE and only co-started with Everett.
The big thing? He is dependable. He catches the ball 77.5 percent of the time. His catches resulted in first downs was higher than Zach Ertz. He's only 27. His contract depreciates every year and is good until 2023.
It has been stated in media he is worth a 4th. Is a first getting back two seconds a pretty fair deal for a 27-year-old who is 6'6" and 249 lbs?

"Former wide receiver with a smooth, wide-open gait when he hits top gear. Has big hands. Had just one drop this season and showed ability to recover the catch when he juggled a throw. Becomes a body catcher who can protect the ball in traffic. Willing to work middle of the field and take hits. Quick and slippery off line of scrimmage and into routes. Very good acceleration out of his breaks and can be a tough cover for safeties. Has the speed and toughness to work all three levels of the field."

Cousin. Is he worth moving up from a 4th Round value to a third?
Tell me the name of a TE we can get in Round Three that would be better.....and oh, by the way has pro experience
Just saying that he has a better chance to help us in 2020 than almost any TE on the board? Fair point to argus is he worth a 3. IMO yes because the Trade for 2 choices is the winner with the player.

Rans need CAP space the Rams trade Higbee, they’ll save $6.2 million in cap space this year
DW Toys

No better TE in the League down the stretch as far as production,
"Tyler Higbee finished the 2019 season with a stunningly productive stretch of five games, topping 100 yards in four of them. In total, Higbee caught 69 passes for 734 yards and three touchdowns last season."
He was 8th in rec yards for TE and only co-started with Everett.
The big thing? He is dependable. He catches the ball 77.5 percent of the time. His catches resulted in first downs was higher than Zach Ertz. He's only 27. His contract depreciates every year and is good until 2023.
It has been stated in media he is worth a 4th. Is a first getting back two seconds a pretty fair deal for a 27-year-old who is 6'6" and 249 lbs?

"Former wide receiver with a smooth, wide-open gait when he hits top gear. Has big hands. Had just one drop this season and showed ability to recover the catch when he juggled a throw. Becomes a body catcher who can protect the ball in traffic. Willing to work middle of the field and take hits. Quick and slippery off line of scrimmage and into routes. Very good acceleration out of his breaks and can be a tough cover for safeties. Has the speed and toughness to work all three levels of the field."

Cousin. Is he worth moving up from a 4th Round value to a third?
Tell me the name of a TE we can get in Round Three that would be better.....and oh, by the way has pro experience
Just saying that he has a better chance to help us in 2020 than almost any TE on the board? Fair point to argus is he worth a 3. IMO yes because the Trade for 2 choices is the winner with the player.

Rans need CAP space the Rams trade Higbee, they’ll save $6.2 million in cap space this year
DW Toys

OK, if Higgins has value, determine the value and trade for him. My guess is that a comp 3rd would work. I don't see why this needs to be more complicated.

The open question is whether the rams really want to trade Higgins.

Last edited:
Please feel free to object!
DW Toys

87. New England: Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

100. New England (compensatory): Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
As much as I like the Van Jefferson & Logan Wilson picks...is how much I have doubts about the Bradlee Anae pick...Not so much the trade to acquire that pick, but the pick itself...He looks more like a First Dynasty 3-4 OLB than he does a Second Dynasty DE...except that he can't drop & cover either...

If you are going to Trade Julian to the Bucs, (and I wouldn't), wouldn't you get more value trading him for Brait or Howard plus a mid round pick in 2021 straight up and then get more value from from your trade down deal in the first without Higgbee?

Just a thought

I appreciate the effort. The Edelman trade, pure poppycock.

If you are going to Trade Julian to the Bucs, (and I wouldn't), wouldn't you get more value trading him for Brait or Howard plus a mid round pick in 2021 straight up and then get more value from from your trade down deal in the first without Higgbee?

Just a thought
I suspect that we are making an Edelman trade complicated, primarily because we don't like the idea of a trade for what he alone would bring. When we keep it complicated, we can make believe that we received more value for Edelman.

IMO, if we want to consider, we should consider the normal process
1) see what teams are interested
2) see what the value is
3) make a decision

My suspicion is that at most one team is interested. My WAG is they might give us a 3rd.

Just a thought
Perhaps. I have a trade to get Higbee and two 2nds for our 1st.
DW Toys

I suspect that we are making an Edelman trade complicated, primarily because we don't like the idea of a trade for what he alone would bring. When we keep it complicated, we can make believe that we received more value for Edelman.

IMO, if we want to consider, we should consider the normal process
1) see what teams are interested
2) see what the value is
3) make a decision

My suspicion is that at most one team is interested. My WAG is they might give us a 3rd.
Fair enough
DW Toys

Perhaps. I have a trade to get Higbee and two 2nds for our 1st.
DW Toys[/QUOTEI like the idea of trading down, but I'd rather get something in the top 45. So maybe a pick in the early 40's plus a 2nd rounder in 2021 (or 3rd in 2021 if they makes more draft chart sense).

With all the people we have coming back from the 2019 draft, I'm wondering if this should be a quality over quantity draft. I'd be thrilled to end up with in the first 4 rounds and nothing after. (2 in the 2nd, 3 in the 3rd and 1 in the 4th and maybe one in the 7th to grab a priority UDFA)

The more I think on it the more I like moving down. Generally 20-40 yields you the same quality of athlete, or so they say

Would be funny if Edelman and Gronk both came to Tampa. That’s like going away to college, excited about starting anew, but you show up to orientation and your high school ex girlfriend sits down next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes