Reaction score
IMG_7400.jpeg

No they haven’t.

2021:

•bust at QB
•inconsistent DT that is still playing sub 50% snaps
•RB who’s fallen off this year

2022:

This draft is an abject disaster. The only thing they have to show for it is a PR who may be able to play slot in Marcus Jones and potentially an outside CB in Jack Jones. The pats traded down with the chiefs who selected shutdown CB Trent McDuffie btw. A total lack of understanding of positional value & BPA by the pats in 2022 IMO.

View attachment 53490

No they haven’t.

2021:

•bust at QB
•inconsistent DT that is still playing sub 50% snaps
•RB who’s fallen off this year
And a QB reach also in the 4th round who was cut and will likely be again as soon as Grier is ready. Should have picked Howell if they wanted a QB, he is better than Zappe in every facet of the game. Mac isn’t a first year bust but he looks like one of those QB’s ala RG3 who start well then flame out.
2022:

This draft is an abject disaster. The only thing they have to show for it is a PR who may be able to play slot in Marcus Jones and potentially an outside CB in Jack Jones. The pats traded down with the chiefs who selected shutdown CB Trent McDuffie btw. A total lack of understanding of positional value & BPA by the pats in 2022 IMO.
A 4th and 6th rounder who are no longer on the team. First pick was one round too early, second was a project because of his frame. Not looking sogood…

Yikes, Both drafts looking worse with each passing week.

2022, its almost like you couldn’t have botched it any worse if you tried.

Yep... Shortly after the '22 draft, I was asked which players I would've taken where Notgoat & Al Groh's kid took them; my answer remains the same now as it was a year-1/2 ago: None of them.

Yep... Shortly after the '22 draft, I was asked which players I would've taken where Notgoat & Al Groh's kid took them; my answer remains the same now as it was a year-1/2 ago: None of them.

I thought the same except for marcus and strong. Those actually seemed like good picks and I remember thinking why we waited until round 3 to make decent choices. Marcus still could be a good pick and we inexplicably gave up on strong very soon

Bad drafts are coach and dynasty killers. It's undefeated.

Aside from Gonzalez (although many are overrating him), 2023 is looking on schedule as well.

A lot of us have been saying this for years and were told by the BB sycophants that the drafts have been great. There’s barely any talent there. Cole Strange in the 1st round is mind boggling.

Gonzo is promising but my god that 22 draft is starting to look gross. Cole Strange in the first round lmao... no name Tyquan with a fast 40 in the 2nd over actual producers. Marcus Jones an undersized corner that is a great returner is the one saving grace. Stevenson is good for a 4th rounder too.

Bad drafts are coach and dynasty killers. It's undefeated.

Aside from Gonzalez (although many are overrating him), 2023 is looking on schedule as well.
Believe what you choose to believe. Belichick has emphasized Defense in his draft for over 20 years. Personally, I think that our Defense is fine. And yes, Belichick is also fine at acquiring mid-level talent on Defense from free agency. Of course, you left out 2020.
=================================
THE SO-CALLED TERRIBLE DRAFTING - DEFENSE
2 Dugger
2 Uche
3 Jennings

2 Barmore

3 Jones
4 Jones
6 Roberts

1 Gonzalez
2 White
3 Mapu
7 Bolden

Yes, Bill missed sometimes, especially with injured players like Perkins and McGrone.
============================

Last edited:
Even that 2021 draft that was hailed as the turnaround draft isn't looking so hot. Mac is a disaster. Barmore shows flashes but disappears far too often. Rahmondre looked like he was one of the best backs in the league and now is under 3 ypc. The rest of the guys never played.

I just don't know what could have been done differently in '21 given the situation. They *had* to roll the dice on a QB. Didn't work. So it goes.

I just don't know what could have been done differently in '21 given the situation. They *had* to roll the dice on a QB. Didn't work. So it goes.
What I was hoping for was a move up for Fields. Not that Fields has been tearing it up on a regular basis but it would be nice to have a guy who is an athlete with physical talent.

Believe what you choose to believe. Belichick has emphasized Defense in his draft for over 20 years. Personally, I think that our Defense is fine. And yes, Belichick is also fine at acquiring mid-level talent on Defense from free agency. Of course, you left out 2020.
2 Dugger
2 Uche
3 Jennings

2 Barmore

3 Jones
4 Jones
6 Roberts

1 Gonzalez
2 White
3 Mapu
7 Bolden

Yes, Bill missed sometimes, especially with injured players like Perkins and McGrone.
This list does not help your argument at all and it's a losing battle for you. Bill has not drafted an impact Pro bowl/All Pro player on defense since Jamie Collins in 2013 and he was a two year wonder. That was 10 years ago. There are no foundational players on this team.

I suggest you watch other teams in the NFL that actually have talented players. The Pats don't have it. Former players are saying it. Analysts are saying it. Fans are saying it. There's only a very small minority that think the team has talent.

What I was hoping for was a move up for Fields. Not that Fields has been tearing it up on a regular basis but it would be nice to have a guy who is an athlete with physical talent.
I mean... We'd be in an even worse spot right now, since we'd have given up more assets and still not had a QB.

This is one case where there was no win scenario in the first round.

I disagree. They ‘need’ to draft a new QB now but I really hope they choose help FIRST (OL in particular) before going QB. Of course, if a generational talent at QB is available, you take him, but otherwise - go OL.

2 Dugger
2 Uche
3 Jennings

2 Barmore

3 Jones
4 Jones
6 Roberts

1 Gonzalez
2 White
3 Mapu
7 Bolden

Lol so we are chalking up the 2022 and 2023 classes as hits already?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back