PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your reaction if Drew Bledsoe win a Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dryheat44 said:
I would hope to wake up.

Not that Drew couldn't win a Super Bowl, but he's going to need a LOT more talent than the Cowboys surround him with.

Not sure I agree. Dallas has put together a very solid group. Their O, especially. And to answer the question of the thread, I would be THRILLED if Bledsoe won a Super Bowl, as long as it's not against us.

italianpatthepatriot said:
what could be yr reaction ?

i hope he will not win against us but if he should (i repeat...should) win a ring honestly i will be happy

i appreciated a lot him and still today i respect him a lot

what do you think my friends ?

ps = i consider him after Brady the best qb we ever had together with Grogan

I would probably feel the same as if Osama Bin Ladaen was captured while dressed as a woman in heels at a McDonalds in South Dakota.

NE39 said:
Drew is definitely a good guy and I have no ill-will towards him, but he generally hasn't played his best in big games (especially in the playoffs).

Thus, I'd be surprised if he won the Superbowl. I think he has a shot because Parcells is a great coach who will put him in the best position to succeed (and has built a good team around him), however.

So, while I'd be surprised, I'd wouldn't be upset about it. Good for him.

i agree: he struggled a lot in the play-offs (i remember very very well when Vrabel, @ Pit, took away the football from him and we lost a game that we could have won) but i think that he helped a lot us itoo (i.e: in our first Super Bowl win when he took the field @ Pit when Brady went down / it was Drew Bledsoe too our qb at our 2nd Super Bowl appareance).

i remember many games that where winning due to him

he is a very good person and a good qb compared to many that are playing now...

i still prefere him then many others in the Nfl

so, if he does not beat us, i will be really happy if he will win finally one ring and DAL could be a good NFC contender this year...

Last edited:
Ummmm.........Drew Bledsoe already has won a superbowl...

I would be in a state of utter shock and incipient cardiac failure, despite being in really good shape. NFW that Drew, the ultimate big game choker, wins a SB as the starting QB. Look at his playoff stats vs regular season stats.

Assuming that I survived the shock, I would be happy for Drew as he was always a fine human being. And yes, I would be rooting for Dallas vs any non-Patriots AFC representative. Ain't gonna happen.

Holy Diver said:

beh...honestly...you are right

ok...let's say: your reaction if Drew win a Super Bowl with Dallas ?

this is a better and fair question

you are totally right - he deserve 100% our first Super Bowl too

Holy Diver said:

Using your logic, so has Damon Huard. If Drew plays in Super Bowl 36, the results would be much different(not in a good way).

Great question....

As weird as it sounds, if Drew Bledsoe were to beat the Pats in the superbowl, I would be very happy for him. I always liked him as a player and is still one of my favorite quarterbacks in the league besides Tom Brady. I think Dallas-New England would be a Superbowl for the ages, an intruiging one to say the least. I'm sure when the "experts" and magazines come out, don't be surprised to see people predict Dallas-New England. I hope Drew gets the 'Boys to the superbowl. From what I've seen, he's always been a class act and looks like a great team player. He's also one of the many that helped get New England back into contention. I hope he has a great year throwing to T.O and Glenn.

I've always been a huge Drew fan. He was the best QB in team history until Brady came along.

It's a tough call though. If the Pats aren't the opponent, then I'd love to see Drew win one. On the other hand, I've always hated the Cowboys, plus we'd have to listen Mike Irvin blabber on about the Cowboys non-stop for the whole postseason. But I guess he does that anyway.

italianpatthepatriot said:
what could be yr reaction ?

i hope he will not win against us but if he should (i repeat...should) win a ring honestly i will be happy

i appreciated a lot him and still today i respect him a lot

what do you think my friends ?

ps = i consider him after Brady the best qb we ever had together with Grogan

I don't think Bledsoe has what it takes to win. He is like Manning in that he folds under pressure. Bledsoe also has an ego as big as Manning's. Bledsoe believes that he knows more than the coaches and it gets him in trouble more often than not.

Patters said:
If Drew wins a Superbowl, it won't be because of his outstanding play, it will be because of the Cowboy's defense and a few breaks. Drew was always above average and deserves a SB ring much as any above average QB, but Drew is not a great QB like Brady, Montana, Elway, etc.

Right on the money! Bledsoe has always been good but not great. We should all be happy if a good guy wins a ring (if the Pats can't for some strange reason!) Lesser QBs have won rings, if their teammates were good enough. You don't have to be too too good a QB to win a ring with the right supporting cast. For the (two-out-of-the-next-five) years that the Pats aren't champs, I'd be happy if Bledsoe won it.

compared to our recent loss (i.e Adam Vinatieri) it seems that there is still
'love' with Drew

and i have nothing contrary

Drew Bledsoe is surely in the top 3-4 qb in our history

in my opinion is n.2 after Brady and before Grogan

probably this is the year for him and for Dallas too...

i'm sure that there is not so much love for Terry Glenn (anyway i liked him a lot too in the beginning if i have to be honest...i loved the passes from Drew to Terry and Coates...)

The fact that Drew winning one would also mean Parcells, jerry jones, Terry Glenn and Cowboy fans all get in on it negates any joy I would feel for Bledsoe.

jimmyjames said:
The fact that Drew winning one would also mean Parcells, jerry jones, Terry Glenn and Cowboy fans all get in on it negates any joy I would feel for Bledsoe.
That's exactly the way I feel. I'd root against my own son if he played for the Cowboys, especially a Parcells coached Cowboys team. Even moreso a Parcells coached Cowboys team with Owens on it. :D

Well, this thread has impressed me with everybody's generosity towards Drew Bledsoe. Even those who doubt his capacity to perform when it most matters have him down as a "good guy".

That used to be me.

But his time in Buffalo changed my opinion of Drew.

When he arrived in Buffalo they mobilized the whole town -- marching bands, Girl Scouts, you name it. They couldn't have been more thrilled. Drew's performance was, to put it kindly, patchy. So how did he react? By busting a gut to improve where he was weak, practising every minute the good Lord gave him? Exercising a quarterback's leadership to bring the offense together in trying to get better?

Er, no. His reaction was a series of complaints about how the conditions around him (O-line, coaching, receivers) didn't suit him, until, finally, when they decided to pull the plug on him, he left with a truly ungracious swipe at the team.

It made me think that this "Drew is a good guy" stuff may have been much more media hype than reality.

To be fair to Drew, he played a great role in 2001 -- he played bravely after a truly horrendous injury and helped win a game that we most likely would not have won otherwise. And, of course, he helped revive a franchise at a very low point.

But I now have no more desire to see him do well than I do Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb or (eek!) Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
IMO there seem to be a lot of "new" fans who weren't around for, or forget the "lean" years around here before Bledsoe, before Parcells and before Kraft.

All three contributed greatly to bringing this franchise back from its status as a laughingstock, providing a credible foundation for BB and our dynasty.

They deserve respect and admiration even as we acknowledge their shortcomings.

If Bledsoe won the Super Bowl my reaction would be "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy"... I doubt highly that Bledsoe would be the MVP of the game, but as Ben Rothlesberger proved a QB can have a horrendous game and still be the winning QB of the Super Bowl Champions.. but I'd be happy for him just the same.

Last edited:
Drew's a class act and deserving of a Superbowl win; although I don't think he could beat the Patriots.

If he did, my autographed Bledsoe football might be worth something

Tuna and Drew have three rings between them. Belichicks fingerprints are all over each of them. Those are the only rings they will EVER possess IMO.

If by some quirk of fate the 'Boys even get to the Superbowl this season, it will be the last NFL appearance for both, and they will lose big to whomever represents the AFC. If it's Pittsburgh Dallas may carry a statue off the field but it won't be the Lombardi, it'll be Drew. If it's Indy he'll throw 5 picks before it's over trying to outperform chokemaster Peyton. If it's us it will involve some combination of the above (he will be sacked, strip sacked, multiply picked - if Ty is around anyway - and fumble at least once on make or break drives). Drew would be so jacked and pumped, to quote Pete Carroll, with re-claiming his legacy unfolding as if in a dream, he would have one of his classic worst performances possible ala Manning. They can't channel the emotion the way Brady does, and by the 4th quarter they are in desperation mode.

I really doubt they come all that close to getting there. Make the playoffs maybe - they almost did last year without even a marginal PK. Vanderchoke will help, he just won't be enough once the second season starts. I expect TO and Drew to start out hot then slowly fizzle into a morass of finger pointing Tuna just can't effectively deal with anymore down the stretch.

As for the Mr. Nice Guy image, Drew gets a lot of credit for doing little other than not pitching public fits. He wanted Pete Carroll, and then did nothing to make Pete's job easier. He was part of the culture of entitlement BB had to rid this franchise of, but BB had to deal with him (because of that foolish contract Kraft bestowed on him - a few bucks more than Favre) until fate intervened and a viable alternative emerged (thank God simultaneously). He was anything but pleasant behind the scenes, particularly to BB, and if Brady hadn't had the single minded makeup he does he might have wilted in the atmosphere Drew created in meetings after week 10 of 2001. More than once veteran guys quietly called him out about his surely attitude. And apparently many have forgotten the second hand public whining he did about being lied to about job security...via the Cafardo/Borges/Bledsoe fed PR machine.

I guess someone should have reminded Adam to take out an ad as he exited. It's amazing how many of you fail to appreciate even that was Drew's way of saying to his beloved fan base - so long guys, I'd have won too and stayed forever, but we know I got screwed. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Tuna and Drew have three rings between them. Belichicks fingerprints are all over each of them. Those are the only rings they will EVER possess IMO.

If by some quirk of fate the 'Boys even get to the Superbowl this season, it will be the last NFL appearance for both, and they will lose big to whomever represents the AFC. If it's Pittsburgh Dallas may carry a statue off the field but it won't be the Lombardi, it'll be Drew. If it's Indy he'll throw 5 picks before it's over trying to outperform chokemaster Peyton. If it's us it will involve some combination of the above (he will be sacked, strip sacked, multiply picked - if Ty is around anyway - and fumble at least once on make or break drives). Drew would be so jacked and pumped, to quote Pete Carroll, with re-claiming his legacy unfolding as if in a dream, he would have one of his classic worst performances possible ala Manning. They can't channel the emotion the way Brady does, and by the 4th quarter they are in desperation mode.

I really doubt they come all that close to getting there. Make the playoffs maybe - they almost did last year without even a marginal PK. Vanderchoke will help, he just won't be enough once the second season starts. I expect TO and Drew to start out hot then slowly fizzle into a morass of finger pointing Tuna just can't effectively deal with anymore down the stretch.

As for the Mr. Nice Guy image, Drew gets a lot of credit for doing little other than not pitching public fits. He wanted Pete Carroll, and then did nothing to make Pete's job easier. He was part of the culture of entitlement BB had to rid this franchise of, but BB had to deal with him (because of that foolish contract Kraft bestowed on him - a few bucks more than Favre) until fate intervened and a viable alternative emerged (thank God simultaneously). He was anything but pleasant behind the scenes, particularly to BB, and if Brady hadn't had the single minded makeup he does he might have wilted in the atmosphere Drew created in meetings after week 10 of 2001. More than once veteran guys quietly called him out about his surely attitude. And apparently many have forgotten the second hand public whining he did about being lied to about job security...via the Cafardo/Borges/Bledsoe fed PR machine.

I guess someone should have reminded Adam to take out an ad as he exited. It's amazing how many of you fail to appreciate even that was Drew's way of saying to his beloved fan base - so long guys, I'd have won too and stayed forever, but we know I got screwed. :rolleyes:
Wow. MoLewisRocks rocks.

JoeSixPat said:
IMO there seem to be a lot of "new" fans who weren't around for, or forget the "lean" years around here before Bledsoe, before Parcells and before Kraft.

All three contributed greatly to bringing this franchise back from its status as a laughingstock, providing a credible foundation for BB and our dynasty.

They deserve respect and admiration even as we acknowledge their shortcomings.

If Bledsoe won the Super Bowl my reaction would be "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy"... I doubt highly that Bledsoe would be the MVP of the game, but as Ben Rothlesberger proved a QB can have a horrendous game and still be the winning QB of the Super Bowl Champions.. but I'd be happy for him just the same.
No sense to me posting in this thread as you said exactly what I would havesaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft