PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WWBD? What will Bill do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't want to be disrespectful to BB. Am I wrong to say that he is too old and slow to react to his opponent move during the game?

last SB game and Dolphin game are good evidence. I don't see any 'half time adjustment' at all.

i thought just the players are old and slow ...bb too ? lets trade for lane kiffin.

That's what we used to say about another irrational poster here and it took Ian years to dump him...

when it comes to cassuck, i'm rational. I hate to see this guy destroy our season.

you probably agree what i say after seeing we loose 4-12?

i thought just the players are old and slow ...bb too ? lets trade for lane kiffin.

my point is if BB and his staffs can't see it when they are outside, how do you expect the player to see it?

this is 1 hour football game and if you are not quick at adjusting, you are finished.

I read the mailbag, perhaps that is the sense Reiss was getting around the lockerroom, but watching Cassel execute the offense in the preseason I always felt that he was in control of the game plan and understood what he was supposed to be doing.

O'Connell playing this season basically means BB has written off the season and has switched to OJT for his QB. I don't see it. I don't see O'Connel as being anywhere close to ready for the job.

I need to watch the game again to get a better feel of Cassel's role in the collapse, but I've seen Tommy out there looking futile, so it's not as if this is something that can only happen to Cassel. From what I did see in the first half it looked like a total team collapse, including the coaching. I'm just not willing to put that on Cassel after he's had two solid games to lead this team to 2-1.

Sadly I think that Reiss has begun to fall into the same old media trap. They veer away from just the facts to placate their peers and land some gigs as married guys with obligations beyond what just the facts will pay for. Next thing you know they are proffering personal opinions (not what will they do but what do you think they will do or what should they do...). The media is still reeling from looking like dolts for convincing a fan base that Gutierrez was the golden child, Cassel had peaked, drafting O'Connell was a clear confirmation of that and besides, someone told one of them the team loved Gutz. It became a case of crafting the facts to fit the predetermined conclusion. The exercise will continue for some indefinitely. And if they are proven wrong they will begin to resent BB for making them look foolish.

It's a recurring theme here, sadly.

my point is if BB and his staffs can't see it when they are outside, how do you expect the player to see it?

this is 1 hour football game and if you are not quick at adjusting, you are finished.

true i agree as you said ...he is too old and slow. lets bring in someone younger....

Most all of your posts are disrespectful to someone. And it's a 3 hour game...were you napping?

when it comes to cassuck, i'm rational. I hate to see this guy destroy our season.

you probably agree what i say after seeing we loose 4-12?

Nope. If we go 4-12 with Cassel it will be because that's what we were - the record doesn't lie. And nobody else stepping in for Brady was going to dramatically change that.

true i agree as you said ...he is too old and slow. lets bring in someone younger....

Bringing someone younger is not going to help if he doesn't adjust fast enough.

Hopefully, BB and his staffs can do a better job at it.

I never thought one loss could make Pats fans so stupid.

1. 3rd and 16 is not going to get converted. McDaniels should have run the ball and kicked the FG. That was a good drive.

2. OK Miami touchdown

3. Another FG on a good drive.

4. Uhhh Stop Miami. Another touchdown?

5. OK 14-6 after a good drive.

6 WTF? 21-6? Can the defense stop them?

Uhhh maybe Cassel can't bring them back from 3 scores. Yet exactly who can? Yesterday Kornholer noted that the esteemed Brett Fravre has never brought the Packers back when behind by 2 touchdowns.

Please note:

The defense sucked
The defense sucked bad
The defense really sucked bad
The defense really totally sucked bad
The defense really totally sucked really bad.

Did anyone mention the defense sucked bad?

Sadly I think that Reiss has begun to fall into the same old media trap. They veer away from just the facts to placate their peers and land some gigs as married guys with obligations beyond what just the facts will pay for. Next thing you know they are proffering personal opinions (not what will they do but what do you think they will do or what should they do...). The media is still reeling from looking like dolts for convincing a fan base that Gutierrez was the golden child, Cassel had peaked, drafting O'Connell was a clear confirmation of that and besides, someone told one of them the team loved Gutz. It became a case of crafting the facts to fit the predetermined conclusion. The exercise will continue for some indefinitely. And if they are proven wrong they will begin to resent BB for making them look foolish.

It's a recurring theme here, sadly.

OTOH, Mo, I at least give Reiss credit for something: he's telling us this is his opinion. He's not saying that the Pats should dump Cassel now, merely that he thinks that eventually O'C will overtake him.

1. 3rd and 16 is not going to get converted. McDaniels should have run the ball and kicked the FG. That was a good drive.

Not much of an argument from me, although I think the idea was "Hey, let's try for the first, or at least try and pick up some yards to make things even easier for the Ghost."

Even though the pick was Cassel's fault, I still blame the refs in equal measure for that preposterous "in-the-grasp" call.

If Cassel cant get this team to the playoffs its because he sucks!!!The jury is out on Cassel still.I think he is an average QB who basically caught a break when TB went down.He is our QB supposely because he has been under this system for 4 years now.

This team is still the same team from last year minus the big QB and a change at CB.A decent QB would get this team 10 to 11 wins this year.

Not much of an argument from me, although I think the idea was "Hey, let's try for the first, or at least try and pick up some yards to make things even easier for the Ghost."

Even though the pick was Cassel's fault, I still blame the refs in equal measure for that preposterous "in-the-grasp" call.

you mean the hochuli's call

Nope. If we go 4-12 with Cassel it will be because that's what we were - the record doesn't lie. And nobody else stepping in for Brady was going to dramatically change that.

how do you know it's not going to change when you don't do something about it?

While it's true that D was no good, the O has not been good either (17,19,13). We haven't played against a good NFL teams in the last 3 weeks and we scored horribly.

I don't really what the score will be when we face a tough team.

Last edited:
I didn't see that and the pick might have been Cassel's fault. However, why take the chance?

One would think a draw would have had just a great a chance of working.

Also, on a short field, the defense has added advantage if they studied the Jets film.

how do you know it's not going to change when you don't do something about it?

While it's true that D was no good, the O has not been good either (17,19,13). We haven't played against a good NFL teams in the last 3 weeks.

this is true; i'm not to confident going to San Diego just with Cassel

Last edited:
Before anyone says bring in Phil Simms or Otto Graham, the only player that would make me believe we have a shot at the superbowl is Doug Flutie. If anything it would make me more interested in the season. Cassell wont do it - you can bring up statistics or whatever but the tam will never have confidence.

Flutie has only been away for 1 year & knows the system - & is fun to watch

What about Grogan? Has more Patriots experience than Flutie. Could run too.

Bringing someone younger is not going to help if he doesn't adjust fast enough.

Hopefully, BB and his staffs can do a better job at it.

dont know..you mentioned about bb is too old and slow to adjust as you saw in the SB and against the finds. now you hope suddenly that BB and his staffs can do a better job at it. how can they ?? you said they are old and slow !. what can they do about it ?
by the way...when i said bring in someone younger...i was sarcastic :rolleyes:

dont know..you mentioned about bb is too old and slow to adjust as you saw in the SB and against the finds. now you hope suddenly that BB and his staffs can do a better job at it. how can they ?? you said they are old and slow !. what can they do about it ?
by the way...when i said bring in someone younger...i was sarcastic :rolleyes:

indeed I agree, there is no way you can turn on BB this fast, he is 2-1 with a backup QB

Don't look now but this halfback high school thing is now the latest "blueprint" to beat the Pats.

Maybe BB will be too old and slow on the bye week to come up with a plan.

Actually Kirwin has an interesting article at NFL.com on this new trickery. Pretty fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye