PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WTF was Chung doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...thrown a bit high.

A bit was not enough to turn that into some spectacular catch that defied the odds or anything, sorry. That bit may, however, have been enough that the TE would have been just a bit unprepared when Chung hit him, allowing the ball to be jarred loose.

You know, if Chung hadn't screwed up.

Last edited:
Hardly disgraceful. I think that's a load of crap. If Chung thinks he can make a pick, he should go for the pick.

Clueless, completely clueless. Ask yourself this question, do you think reviewing the tape that Belichick critiqued that play as cluelessly as you have? How exactly did he go for the pick? He waited for a pass to fall into his breadbasket instead of taking care of his primary responsibility which is to stop a 30 yd completion from happening right in front of him. I just watched it again and I really don't understand how anyone can watch that play and not be dumbfounded.

I see safeties miss plays on the ball on a regular basis to go for a big hit. It's a terrible decision IMO. You can always make a big hit on a guy who has already caught the ball. At least pay attention enough to know whether you have a play on the ball.

I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say here. You want your safety patrolling the defensive backfield focusing on intercepting overthrown balls instead of looking to dislodge balls? And you want your safety to level big hits after the catch has already been made? Really?

Last edited:
Clueless, completely clueless. Ask yourself this question, do you think reviewing the tape that Belichick critiqued that play as cluelessly as you have?

I don't think you understand the meaning of 'disgraceful' nor 'clueless'. Either that, or you just aren't reading the thread. Or both.

I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say here.

Judging by your comments in this thread, that is the least surprising thing I've read in a while.

You want your safety patrolling the defensive backfield focusing on intercepting overthrown balls instead of looking to dislodge balls? And you want your safety to level big hits after the catch has already been made? Really?

I want the safety to make a decision on what to do based on the situation. That's what the best ones do.

A bit was not enough to turn that into some spectacular catch that defied the odds or anything, sorry. That bit may, however, have been enough that the TE would have been just a bit unprepared when Chung hit him, allowing the ball to be jarred loose.

You know, if Chung hadn't screwed up.

He misread the play because it was a close call. Yeah, he screwed up. That was pretty clear. It was close enough that he should've erred towards the hit. It's not like he was going for a pick on a ball that had no chance of getting through.

No problems this week, they resigned Ventrone for the 25th time this year.

He misread the play because it was a close call. Yeah, he screwed up. That was pretty clear. It was close enough that he should've erred towards the hit. It's not like he was going for a pick on a ball that had no chance of getting through.

Actually, that's exactly what it was like.

Easy to say from your armchair.

... says the guy who's also evaluating the exact same play from his own armchair and just coming up with a different (and wrong) take on it.

... says the guy who's also evaluating the exact same play from his own armchair and just coming up with a different (and wrong) take on it.

That's why I defer to Chung's judgment on what appeared to be a close play. He was there. I was watching on TV.

Nice attempt to throw that back at me though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's why I defer to Chung's judgment on what appeared to be a close play. He was there. I was watching on TV.

Nice attempt to throw that back at me though. :rolleyes:

Look, just stop embarrassing yourself. I'm sure Chung is horrified by his judgement on this play and I'm sure Belichick let him know about it. And, if he plans on sticking around he will have to learn how to play the man and not the ball in such instances.

Last edited:
Chung made an absolutely terrible play. But its Patrick Chung so no one cares because people think hes Rodney Harrison.

Last edited:
Look, just stop embarrassing yourself. I'm sure Chung is horrified by his judgement on this play and I'm sure Belichick let him know about it. And, if he plans on sticking around he will have to learn how to play the man and not the ball in such instances.

Right, so you think you know what Chung saw better than Chung himself?

I've said multiple times he made the wrong decision.

Thanks for proving me right that you aren't reading the thread.

Right, so you think you know what Chung saw better than Chung himself?

I've said multiple times he made the wrong decision.

Thanks for proving me right that you aren't reading the thread.

What the hell is wrong with you? On the one hand you say you agree that he made the wrong decision, then you turn around and say you'll defer to Chung's judgement on how he acted based on what he saw. If he acted properly on what he saw (which was somehow different then what we saw), why would you criticize his actions? And you continue to assume that Chung isn't horrified by his actions on that play (and that Belichick hasn't chastised him accordingly). Like I said before, stop embarrassing yourself and just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News