PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeFell just became an almost lock. He was just paid a $3M bonus.

WIDE RECEIVERS AS OF MARCH 18
Edelman
Dobson (or PUP)
Amendola (or trade)
LeFell
Boyce (or Thompkins or Harrison)

Given the injury history of all these (except LeFell), be could keep six on the 53.

I'm surprised it was that much, considering the first thing most NFL fans think about with LaFell is his drops, and not living up to (possibly unrealistic) expectations in Carolina.

At least the cap numbers are reasonable: $2 million (2014), $3.2 million (2015) and $3.8 million (2016).

It Is What It Is » Preliminary contract information for Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell

More analysis of LaFell here:

Film review: Getting familiar with New England Patriots WR Brandon LaFell | masslive.com

Hopefully he will be more productive than some other recent, departed veteran WR acquisitions:

2013: Donald Jones, Michael Jenkins, Lavelle Hawkins
2012: Dorin ****erson, Anthony Gonzalez, Donte' Stallworth, Deion Branch, Jabar Gaffney, Greg Salas, Kerry Taylor
2011: Chad Johnson, Tiquan Underwood
2010: David Patten, Torry Holt
2009: Greg Lewis, Joey Galloway

:eek:

I could see a LB in there if there is a good one available. LB core is shallow especially with the loss of Fletcher.

Also a definite possibility. A factor too is how they view other young players at certain positions. While they may be longshots, Buchanan at DE and Armstead at DT might be rated higher within the organization than we think. If so, they might be viewed as the "rookies" to add to those mixes. Linebacker doesn't really have one of those, unless you count Beauharnais, and my gut says no on that one.

Of course, with as much logic and thought and as I feel I'm putting into this, they'll probably just grab a QB in the first three rounds and foul me all up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents