PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Juju vs. Douglas

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Smith-Schuster: 43 snaps 7 targets 4 receptions 33 yards

Douglas: 33 snaps 7 targets 4 receptions 40 yards

The difference in quickness between them is obvious. This may be turn into an edelman amendola situation.

Smith-Schuster: 43 snaps 7 targets 4 receptions 33 yards

Douglas: 33 snaps 7 targets 4 receptions 40 yards

The difference in quickness between them is obvious. This may be turn into an edelman amendola situation.

In fairness, Amendola was great in game 1 but got hurt. But "yes" to more Douglas III !

Looking like pop is ready for more snaps! Juju i was not that impressed with yesterday, but i think he’ll bring a toughness to the team, hopefully can still get those extra yards that matter in the clutch.

Juju has aged poorly, that seems objectively true. He's not very explosive, and looks to have lost a step even from last year.
But, aside from his first embarrassment of a drop, he's pretty reliable as a catcher. And can be a big body in the middle.
But, I'd like to see more Boutte & Douglas going forward.
The question will be what Parker brings - if he's even healthy enough?

Parker makes that catch on fourth down that Boutte couldn’t.

But overall I think Douglas and Bourne are the two most dynamic receivers. Bourne looks ready to jump into a #1 role.

Is juju guaranteed for 2 years ? If Boutte and Douglas develop, I want them to sign Higgins and release/cut Parker and Juju and resign Bourne and Henry.

Higgins , Bourne, Douglas, Boutte, Thornton will be more than a handful.

On Boutte really hope College Football adopt the pro two feet in bounds catch rule. Boutte would have had Two Big time catches instead of Two drive killers I still love his upside.

Last edited:
Parker makes that catch on fourth down that Boutte couldn’t.

But overall I think Douglas and Bourne are the two most dynamic receivers. Bourne looks ready to jump into a #1 role.
Parker was in the tub couldn't help the Team water under the bridge.

Meanwhile Jakobi Meyers had two TDs for the Raiders yesterday.

I'm all in on Bourne and the youngsters. Douglas, Boutte, Thornton, Bourne and the TEs are what we can build on. JJSS and Parker are footnotes - maybe they contribute, maybe they don't but there's no growth potential there that excites me.

Now, a word to WR Coach Troy Brown. Get in Boutte's ear and stay there. "Two feet down! Two feet Down!"

360_F_564100781_9LfgLCjuXHOuHWCuiTQm0nuUIb54jm81.jpg

I'm all in on Bourne and the youngsters. Douglas, Boutte, Thornton, Bourne and the TEs are what we can build on. JJSS and Parker are footnotes - maybe they contribute, maybe they don't but there's no growth potential there that excites me.

Now, a word to WR Coach Troy Brown. Get in Boutte's ear and stay there. "Two feet down! Two feet Down!"

360_F_564100781_9LfgLCjuXHOuHWCuiTQm0nuUIb54jm81.jpg
Sadly, when Romo said, "Toe pick!" after the 1st missed Boutte toe tap, I knew exactly which early 90's movie Figure Skating Romcom he referenced.

On Boutte really hope College Football adopt the pro two feet in bounds catch rule. Boutte would have had Two Big time catch instead of Two drive killers I still love his upside.
Troy Brown and Ross Douglas need to make sure he spends time making the two drag second nature.

Is juju guaranteed for 2 years ? If Boutte and Douglas develop, I want them to sign Higgins and release/cut Parker and Juju and resign Bourne and Henry.

Higgins , Bourne, Douglas, Boutte, Thornton will be more than a handful.
I’d prefer someone like Jeudy more than Higgins. Higgins puts up numbers but I never see him as a game-changer like Hill or Jefferson.

Jeudy certainly is t there either, but might get there.

Nice having Davante Adams on the other side Jimmy G have two excellent reads somebody is open.
And playing against the Broncos vs. playing against the Eagles.

Juju was plodding on that one crosser route he caught.

I’d prefer someone like Jeudy more than Higgins. Higgins puts up numbers but I never see him as a game-changer like Hill or Jefferson.

Jeudy certainly is t there either, but might get there.
I think we have all been sleeping on emerging star the 49ers Brandon Aiyuk. :cool:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back