PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Moss for Brandon Marshall straight up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good strategy

Maybe we can trade Tom Brady and get a a second DE.

I mean if we get rid of our only WR what's the point in having Tom Brady right?

Whaaaaaaaaaaat ? C'mon after trade Moss, we'll still have Aiken, Tate, Edelman, Slater.....it's not that bad :eek:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat ? C'mon after trade Moss, we'll still have Aiken, Tate, Edelman, Slater.....it's not that bad :eek:

Edelman is decent

I forgot him

Aiken, and Slater are probably the worst "WRs" in football. At any level, not just the NFL

They would back up high school players

Edelman is decent

I forgot him

Aiken, and Slater are probably the worst "WRs" in football. At any level, not just the NFL

They would back up high school players

Stanback is no future Jerry Rice either...Stanback would probably be better as a #3 QB than a receiver and thats downright scary at that scenerio - we have a few guys on this team that would normally be out of an NFL job.

Last edited:
Stanback is no future Jerry Rice either...Stanback would probably be better as a #3 QB than a receiver and thats downright scary at that scenerio - we have a few guys on this team that would normally be out of an NFL job.

Exactly

Finding a pass rusher is critical to this team but what is the benefit of having one of the best QBs of all time if he has nobody to throw to?

Exactly

Finding a pass rusher is critical to this team but what is the benefit of having one of the best QBs of all time if he has nobody to throw to?

I am not saying get rid of Moss with no one in mind to replace him,that would have to come first and we would need to get real lucky with 3 or 4 WRs in FA or the draft for that to happen....it won't and Randy will certainly be back but next year is a different thing altogether.

OTOH If Welker had not been injured and was not a threat to miss the whole 2010 season, I wonder if trading Moss and going out for few good talented guys at WR would have been more of a possibility if Welker was ready. - We will never know what the mindset would have been,especially now that Randy and his big mouth has opened the door for his departure in 2011

Why am i the only one who thinks Aikens is decent and could be a good #3 if given a chance?

Why am i the only one who thinks Aikens is decent and could be a good #3 if given a chance?

Marginal speed. Doesn't get good seperation. Been in the league 6 years and hasn't shown #3 WR anywhere else.

Hes a 5th WR JFK. Nothing more.

You probably ARE the only one or one of few in here that thinks of Sam as anything more than a #5 receiver and STer

Aiken reminds me of Kelly Washington who was about the same type talent,Kelly never or rarily reached the lineup while he was a Patriot and neither should Aiken.

Like Washington,Aiken is a solid player on STs but far from special as a WR.

Aiken plays WR on this team more than Kelly ever did because the team lacks serious depth and it was not as bad when Kelly was here...thats the truth of the matter.

Also I think McDaniels could have done a better job dealing with Marshall's attitude/ego this year. But I think Marshall is more Mature then Randy, He actually took responiblity for what he did instead of sulking and playing like a dog.

Is that why Marshall was suspended for the whole pre season, then I think 1 game (the last one) in the regular season.

I would make this trade in an instant. However, the Broncos would likely not. I'm grateful for everything Moss has done for us and have really enjoyed watching him play here, but to be honest if you can get a talent like Marshall in the prime of his career, who has at least another great 5-7 years in him, for Moss who has one year left on his contract, will be 34 when his contract is up, and is on the backside of his career, you do it instantaneously.

Marshall had a pretty damn good year with Orton as his QB, imagine what he could do with Brady as his QB.

There is no way Denver would do this though. We would have to add in a draft pick most likely, but I could see McDaniels wanting Moss after the success he had with him in NE.

For the poster who said trade Moss for a pass rusher, who do you see as a legitimate trading partner? Merriman was supposedly a candidate to be traded, but the Chargers do not need Moss and would ask draft pick(s) in addition anyway. Osi's name has been thrown around, but I don't think he's a 3-4 OLB and I wouldn't give up Moss for him. What other pass rushers are out there? I would think it would be hard to find a trading partner.

At this time, I honestly think Marshall (yeah that's right, not Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc) might just be the best WR in the league, TALENT WISE. The big question with him is attitude, but if that got straightened out, then he would be one scary addition to this offense...

Last edited:
......There is no way Denver would do this though. We would have to add in a draft pick most likely, but I could see McDaniels wanting Moss after the success he had with him in NE.....

All McDaniels has to do is wait a year and pick up Moss as free agent.

He could take the whole worlds on his shoulders? Sign him up!

At this time, I honestly think Marshall (yeah that's right, not Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc) might just be the best WR in the league, TALENT WISE. The big question with him is attitude, but if that got straightened out, then he would be one scary addition to this offense...

Best wr right now talent wise is CJ Jr. but he gets no love because he is up in det. The only WR I would trade moss for is megatron

All McDaniels has to do is wait a year and pick up Moss as free agent.

That could be true, but Denver is expected to move Marshall this offseason. Wouldn't he rather get Moss this year to replace the void left by Marshall? Then he could extend him after the season.

I think McDaniels would feel Moss and a pick is a very good replacement for Marshall, a guy he obviously can't get along with.

That could be true, but Denver is expected to move Marshall this offseason. Wouldn't he rather get Moss this year to replace the void left by Marshall? Then he could extend him after the season.

I think McDaniels would feel Moss and a pick is a very good replacement for Marshall, a guy he obviously can't get along with.

Love Marshall's play. Hate his baggage.

The question is, can BB and TB get along w/ Marshall?

Would Denver want to take on RMs $6.4m salary?

What would the Pats pay Marshall (seeing that he is an RFA)? What provisions/assurances/safeguards can they get if he can't rehabilitate his wayward lifestyle?

Last edited:
no cause marshell, is looking for that block buster deal that the pats are not going to give him.

the pats are not giveing any one other then brady, 10 million a year. and i don't even think brady will get that much.

no cause marshell, is looking for that block buster deal that the pats are not going to give him.

the pats are not giveing any one other then brady, 10 million a year. and i don't even think brady will get that much.

I see Brady as being offered 5 Years at around 42.5 Million = about 8.5 Million per year + Bonus I am sure

Wilfork's contract should be no better than that,if he wants more I say go get Peppers or a big name and move to a 4-3

Last edited:
I see Brady as being offered 5 Years at around 42.5 Million = about 8.5 Million per year + Bonus I am sure

Huh? Take the cash x 2.

If TB comes in under a $15m ave I'd be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News