PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Moss for Brandon Marshall straight up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Take the cash x 2.

If TB comes in under a $15m ave I'd be shocked.

You think Brady will be getting over 14 million per year?

I can't see the Pats paying that type of deal,although alot of incentive bonuses are sure to add up

Last edited:
You think Brady will be getting over 14 million per year?

I can't see the Pats paying that type of deal,although alot of incentive bonuses are sure to add up

In terms of annual $$ average, his contract value will be in line with the Mannings, Cutler, Rivers, etc. I have no doubt on this.

I would also think guaranteed dollars, his pay day will be similar to the other QBs as well.

Last edited:
Huh? Take the cash x 2.

If TB comes in under a $15m ave I'd be shocked.

When your wife makes 20 million or more a year + perks what more do you need?

He's said plenty of times the players are paid too much as it is

If Denver throws in two full-time psychologists, a psychiatrist, and a full-time babysitter, I'd consider it.

Last edited:
The mere posting of this question is an insult. Why in the HELL would the Patriots want to trade Randy Moss. He has been a model teammate and the best WR this team has ever had. You fool who entertain the though of trading him must buy into the media's talking points that he doesn't always try hard. that's BULL CRAP. The media hates him (like everyone else who won't give them something to write about) but it's completely unfounded. Ask Tom Brady and Coach Belichick what they think of R Moss and then end this nonsense about trading him.

When your wife makes 20 million or more a year + perks what more do you need?

He's said plenty of times the players are paid too much as it is

Tom has said he doesn't need to be the highest paid player in the league.

Tom has never said he would take a 50% paycut to stay with the team.

Tom will be asking for fair market value.

For a franchise QB, fair market value is $14m-$15m a year.

Absolutely not. Marshall is an absolute basket case and is one more domestic disturbance away from a long term suspension. On top of that, this team already had enough problems in the locker room this past season, from what I've heard. No thank you. Give me A.J. Green or Julio Jones in 2011 any day of the week.

The mere posting of this question is an insult. Why in the HELL would the Patriots want to trade Randy Moss. He has been a model teammate and the best WR this team has ever had. You fool who entertain the though of trading him must buy into the media's talking points that he doesn't always try hard. that's BULL CRAP. The media hates him (like everyone else who won't give them something to write about) but it's completely unfounded. Ask Tom Brady and Coach Belichick what they think of R Moss and then end this nonsense about trading him.

Yeah I agree with you, but I think this is a hypothetical since neither team would actually trade the player straight up...the real question being asked by the OP is which player would you rather have on your team. However, no matter how good randy is, I still would rather have Calvin Johnson...the guy is an absolute freak of nature

Tom has said he doesn't need to be the highest paid player in the league.

Tom has never said he would take a 50% paycut to stay with the team.

Tom will be asking for fair market value.

For a franchise QB, fair market value is $14m-$15m a year.

Maybe he would do something like $20m next year with 10 per after that

Maybe he would do something like $20m next year with 10 per after that

Tom's situation deserves it own thread..:p

At 32, Tom has (estimate) 3-4 top years left. Maybe 5. Pay him as much as they can year 1 and 2 and gradually taper the cap hit downward in the later years.

weather this trade should be done is one thing...

character issues aside, to claim that randy is a better wr RIGHT NOW than Marshall is ludicrus

Have you ever heard someone ask BB or TB a question? Of course they aren't gonna throw Randy under the Bus. 1 Because thats not how they operate and 2 Cuz you would loose Randy Mentaly if you called him out. So what if Randy is the best WR we have ever had (Even though I like Stanley Morgan better), Vinateri was the best kicker we ever had but he moved on. You have to project not reflect.

weather this trade should be done is one thing...

character issues aside, to claim that randy is a better wr RIGHT NOW than Marshall is ludicrus

I agree

I mean Moss only led the league in TDs and was pretty high in several other significant categories

Not to mention Brady misses plenty of throws and he played injured for a good chunk of the season

Moss isn't in Marshall's league right now as a receiver.

If we traded Moss for a pick, we'd probably be looking at a fourth rounder or less. The Broncos will get a low first or high second for Marshall.

If we traded Moss for a pick, we'd probably be looking at a fourth rounder or less. The Broncos will get a low first or high second for Marshall.

not in his league...what the hell? So Marshall would have had 20 TDs, 1800 Yards and 120 receptions with a separated shoulder if he were on the Patriots last season instead of Moss?

moss. 2009 83 rec 1,264 yerds 13 TD's

marshell, 2009 101 rec 1,120 yerds 10 TD's

i don't see how you can say moss is not in marshells league when he's numbers are better and the pats stoped throwing him the ball with about 5 games left. no one can make the plays that moss can make.

yes if you had to pick one you would want marshell but only because he is a lot younger.

From a player performance stand-point (accounting for age), I'll take Marshall any day of the week. Unfortunately for that lunatic, off the field issues do matter in the eyes of the league. He is one mishap away from watching a season from the sidelines. If he could clean his act up, I'd go after him in a heart beat. Sadly, he is atleast a year or two from having any credibility in my eyes. Even if he does get his **** together, there is no guarantee that he wont slip up again.

moss. 2009 83 rec 1,264 yerds 13 TD's

marshell, 2009 101 rec 1,120 yerds 10 TD's

i don't see how you can say moss is not in marshells league when he's numbers are better and the pats stoped throwing him the ball with about 5 games left. no one can make the plays that moss can make.

yes if you had to pick one you would want marshell but only because he is a lot younger.

It's more about what each can offer you. Realistically, how many years does Moss have left at an "elite" level? One or two maybe? Marshall is going to be 26 in 2010. He has at least 5-7 "elite" years left in him.

Moss is still a very good WR, but at this point I would much rather have Marshall. As Moss ages, he is losing the most important aspect of his game: his speed. His best asset is his ability to get behind defenses and stretch the field. Marshall doesn't have that type of speed but he works the middle of the field better than Moss.

We would be crazy not to trade Moss for Marshall straight up. But it will never happen. Marshall is worth more than that.

You bring up the numbers, but also take into account Marshall produced that with Kyle Orton as his QB. A banged up TB is still leaps and bounds better than a healthy Orton. Moss was banged up too, but at this point in their respective careers it would be crazy to say you'd rather have Moss than Marshall.

It's more about what each can offer you. Realistically, how many years does Moss have left at an "elite" level? One or two maybe? Marshall is going to be 26 in 2010. He has at least 5-7 "elite" years left in him.

Moss is still a very good WR, but at this point I would much rather have Marshall. As Moss ages, he is losing the most important aspect of his game: his speed. His best asset is his ability to get behind defenses and stretch the field. Marshall doesn't have that type of speed but he works the middle of the field better than Moss.

We would be crazy not to trade Moss for Marshall straight up. But it will never happen. Marshall is worth more than that.

You bring up the numbers, but also take into account Marshall produced that with Kyle Orton as his QB. A banged up TB is still leaps and bounds better than a healthy Orton. Moss was banged up too, but at this point in their respective careers it would be crazy to say you'd rather have Moss than Marshall.

i bring up the number cause some one said that moss. is not even in marshell, league. yes marshell, has 6-7 great years left in him and moss maybe two. but if to take in to account the money that he will want 10-12 million a year. and the on and off the field baggage. he brings witch did not just start because of a rookie HC who can't handle him he had problems when mike shanahan, was there. do the pats realy need to pay a guy 10 million a year. to get benched. a game or two. or one more off the field problem and roger goodell, will sit him for the year. not worth it.

i bring up the number cause some one said that moss. is not even in marshell, league. yes marshell, has 6-7 great years left in him and moss maybe two. but if to take in to account the money that he will want 10-12 million a year. and the on and off the field baggage. he brings witch did not just start because of a rookie HC who can't handle him he had problems when mike shanahan, was there. do the pats realy need to pay a guy 10 million a year. to get benched. a game or two. or one more off the field problem and roger goodell, will sit him for the year. not worth it.

I don't know how much money he is looking for but I don't think anyone will give him 10 million per year with the problems he's had off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back