PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Garoppolo to the Cowboys?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade Garoppolo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't trade a potential franchise QB (who's also shown tremendous promise on the field) for any RB currently in the NFL. The difference between a stud RB and one that gets the job done isn't that big.

I really like the way the receiving corps is shaping up, so I wouldn't trade a PFQB for anyone not named Calvin Johnson.

I really like the way the o-line is shaping up, so I wouldn't trade a PFQB for any o-lineman I can think of.

MAYBE for an elite defensive player, but I'm talking J.J. Watt elite.

I don't even know why are we talking about a Bobby's World trade but I wouldn't, Garop didn't show anything under pressure and meaningful but what he did show so far makes me think we have a good thing going. Will he replace TB one day? Only physically, we won't have a thing like Tom Brady nevermore, no one will, it was a nice ride and it's going to end someday. Then, a good QB, smart, who win games, it's what almost all teams out there are looking for, I believe we have that on Garop so I would not make any trade unless is something you can't refuse.

Let's see...

- Aladdin is the only backup QB on a Patriots' team that is looking toward a deep postseason run.

- He has looked promising enough that in a 2014 draft do-over, he'd almost surely be drafted in the 1st round.

- Bryant would be a half-season rental coming cold into Patriots' offense that is notoriously difficult to master.

- Murray would also be a half-season rental, and is, you know, a running back. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

- The Patriots are averaging 30 points a game, and their biggest question marks right now are at LB & DE.

- If the Patriots traded their backup QB they'd have to replace him with somebody who could get up to speed fast. A desperation trade to get Mallett back for a 5th, anybody? Plus they'd have to draft another QB high in 2015. So the net value of the trade would be whatever you'd get from the Cowboys MINUS a couple of draft picks.

I'll pass.

Last edited:
Id be tempted to for Murray but he won't be on the table for anyways. Garp will be a stud we need to hang onto him.

Trading JAG for either Bryant or Murray would be a bad trade for both teams.

How has outplayed anyone? He has thrown 10 passes all in garbage time of blowouts. He has not passed any test because he has not had a test.

You are overhyping a player that you know very little about. He has a long way to go and many question marks unanswered. Zach Martin has actually passed the test with an A++ so I would make that trade in a minute without thinking twice. I think you and others forget Garopollo is not even signed through the season we are slated to need a QB to replace Brady.

Okay let me ask you some questions.

#1 Would you trade Garoppolo for a draft pick?
#2 About what range is he worth? (like is he worth a mid first/low first/high second/mid second/ect)
#3 What is a more proven player like say Hightower worth for a draft pick?

Since I am not trying to have a "gotcha" moment let me explain why I am asking.

I want to know what he believe his potential value is worth based on other unproven potential value via draft picks & I want to know how you compare proven value to unproven draft capital.

I feel like once I understand how you see this we can only then meaningfully discuss this.

In light of a recent Tweet I saw, here's a question:

Welcome to trade deadline day, where #Bucs are the 1 to watch: Getting calls on VJackson, Mark Barron and Doug Martin. Will anything happen?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

What would Tampa be asking for Barron, and would it be worth it?

I would trade him in a heartbeat. Nice guy but too small. You can get a guy like Colt Mccoy on waivers or close to it...yeah I know, he's small too.

Trading JAG for either Bryant or Murray would be a bad trade for both teams.

Well that is not really he point here I think. If you want it could be changed to trading him to Chicago for Jeffrey or St Louis for a DE?

The point is what is his value at this point to the Patriots and would it should be to us.

It's another trade that will never happen but yes, i would trade Garrapolo to Dallas for Travis Frederick and then move Stork to Guard.

Well that is not really he point here I think. If you want it could be changed to trading him to Chicago for Jeffrey or St Louis for a DE?

The point is what is his value at this point to the Patriots and would it should be to us.

I'm just answering the poll question. That's my point.

Last edited:
I would trade him in a heartbeat. Nice guy but too small. You can get a guy like Colt Mccoy on waivers or close to it...yeah I know, he's small too.
He's 6'3"/225.

So, uh ... what?

I'm just answering the poll question. That's my point.
I will agree the pole question could have been more thought out. The answer is neither team should do it. I was just curious about people who said the Pats should take that option if it was on the table.

What are the Pats getting in return. You don't trade Garoppolo for less than a first at this point. He was a second rounder and you don't trade him in his rookie season unless you get more value for him than the pick he was drafted. Also, the Cowboys are likely to have a high first.

I doubt the Cowboys would give up a first for him and if the Pats are high on him and think he can be a franchise QB, you don't trade him for only a first.

How has outplayed anyone? He has thrown 10 passes all in garbage time of blowouts. He has not passed any test because he has not had a test.

You are overhyping a player that you know very little about. He has a long way to go and many question marks unanswered. Zach Martin has actually passed the test with an A++ so I would make that trade in a minute without thinking twice. I think you and others forget Garopollo is not even signed through the season we are slated to need a QB to replace Brady.
Garoppolo has shown more promise than Mallett ever did. But of course this is impossible to discuss with you as you will never even entertain the thought that their will be a team after Brady.

To me Garoppolo has shown that he might become a good QB. That's worth a lot to me. I would never trade a potential franchise QB for a RB or OL when your current QB is 37 years old. We have seen how important good QB play is. Look at us, we have gone to the super bowl with an incredibly bad secondary in this passing league because Brady rocks. Meanwhile you have the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. Three teams that have had some good players but have failed because their QB sucked.

If Brady was 25 then I would agree with you. But sadly he isn't. I know you will go with your classics like "He will never be as good as Brady". Of course he will most likely never match Bradys prime, few ever will. But Brady is closing on 40. That's a bit like 30 for running backs. Their play can worsen quickly. Then you will say how he was drafted in the second round and that franchise QBs are only drafted early in the first round, which is very ironic as you are a huge Brady fan. Then you will say how he is short, doesn't have the best arm and whatnot. To that I will say:
39a38c86_tom_brady_nfl_draft_combine_2000.jpeg

Again, this is not me saying that Garoppolo is future HOF QB or something like that. Just that he has shown enough for me to believe that he might be a good QB in the future and be a QB that we can with because of, not despite of. And to me that's worth way more than one 1st round pick when our current QB is 37.

Of course you trade him if the price is right. It's silly to say don't trade him under any circumstances.

Not sure there are a lot of realistic offers out there that would be enticing...

I will agree the pole question could have been more thought out. The answer is neither team should do it. I was just curious about people who said the Pats should take that option if it was on the table.

Show me a viable backup QB to replace JAG on the roster, and find a way to tack on a year to Bryant's current deal, and I make that trade 101 times out of 100.

That's right. The vote tally would be Chicago style.

I would trade Garoppolo for any of the yes options (a first, Bryant, or Martin) except Murray since he's going to be a FA and is being run into the ground before our eyes. He will not last the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes