PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Mangini be so cold and throw the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Colts fan but I really think the Pats are playing good football and I feel bad you guys I think will be out at 11-5 while you got the Western suck divisions who can go 8-8 and get in.

It just does not seem fair.

Who are Goodell's bosses? Some of the biggies sit on the TV Committee.

Rat/Jetdell's immediate superior is Woody Johnson, his boss since he was given his first job in his life. Johnson and the owners of the Giants are in collusion to eventually get both teams into the Super Bowl, which would lead to the largest windfall of ancillary profit in the history of ANY sport.

Jetdell's first order of business was the deliberate attempted destruction of the New England Patriot and their legacy, to clear any surrounding problems to their plans. As any sentient being with an IQ above that of the cro-magnon NY area sports fan now knows...the whole "spycamera" bullcrap was RIDICULOUS...yet ARROGANTLY created and pursued by Jetdell the entire 2007 season, even up to Super Bowl week when COMPLETELY false reports were PRINTED nationwide about that idiot Walsh and "new evidence!!!!

The evidence is this...Ratgini ADMITTED having TWO cameras placed on the field versus the Patriots, AGAINST THIS SO CALLED RULE, and then LIED and said BB let him do it. Ra1t/Jetdell did nothing, refuted nothing and DID NOT RESPOND to BB's virulent denial to the contrary.

I have been amassing all these bits and pieces of evidence gleaned from news sources since last September. I HAVE the NY Post "Around The NFL" report published the week before the Rats/Pats opener last season which STATES that Mangini was at NFL corporate offices to meet Rat/Jetdell that week. What did they talk about??? Diet plans? Roger's memories of sitting in Daddy's box at the Meadowlands and threatening and harrassing fans of other teams sitting beneath his box with all sorts of projectiles and liquids? The guy is an undercover NY Jet employee...period. Read his bio..."first employment...NY Jets"...and NOW all these mutts with sub 70 IQ'S like Schlereth and Pestilencebrook would have you believe the Patriots are "cheaters!!!!!" and everything they have accomplished "doesn't count!!!!" Who is pulling THEIR strings???

Go ahead and laugh at me now...after the collective bargaining agreement in 2010,you just watch the Feds destroy these scumbags with a HUGE RICO indictment.

Last edited:
Are we forgetting that even if the Jets throw the game, the Pats are still in if the Ravens lose?

I think your probably right about this. They will want to have more than 1 4:15 game to switch to or show updates for, and the NFL wants to make sure the competition does not suffer because one team thinks their chances are over. Move our game and the Jets game to 4:15.

As I understand it, the decision comes down to the NFL and not the network.

Why do you think the NFL has the final say?

I think you're right, and if you are, now I'm thinking it'll be Jax Bal at 4:15, while we stay at 1:

1) Buffalo has asked the league not to give them 4:00 starts at home -- and they haven't had any yet this year.

2) It gives Goodell an out: he can say yes I moved the Jet game, but kept it meaningful by moving the ravens game too. If Ravens lose and Pats win, a Jet win gives Jets the #6 seed.

BUT, how LIKELY is a Jaguars win in Baltimore on Dec 28 with nothing on the line for Jax?? NOT HAPPENNING!!!!!! I am sure the Pats' brass are working the phones tonight.

I am a Colts fan but I really think the Pats are playing good football and I feel bad you guys I think will be out at 11-5 while you got the Western suck divisions who can go 8-8 and get in.

It just does not seem fair.

Good on ya mate. If Pats do win the division, the only possibility for a Pats-Colts showdown is AFC CG -- if Pats beat Ravens & then Steelers and COlts beat Denver and then TN. All of which could easily happen. And the game would be at Gillette!!!

Make the playoffs or not, this season has been as inspired an effort as you can want from a team. With this organization & coach, the focus is on character, winning week to week, and the long term strength & stability of the franchise.

I only the hope the rest of the country gets the message someday -- it's absurd that they don't. After the Pats beat the Hawks 2 weeks ago, Holmgren had nothing but praise for BB, what does that tell you. No bad press whatsoever for the Pats in the Seattle media either, so I guess there's hope. .

The NYJ are a study in contrasts: On 4th and 2 deep in their own territory, Mangina took the high rollin' gambler route. Double or quits -- just roll the dice with your Favre in the hole instead of playing intelligent football.
NY Media will now feast on the guy, won't be pretty. .

Last edited:
Mangina is a dink. Yet, I dont think he would just throw it. Besides, OUR BOYS ARE HEADED TO TAMPA! NO MATTER WHAT!

Why would Mangini throw the game when Brett Favre can do it himself?

Why do you think the NFL has the final say?

I think you're right, and if you are, now I'm thinking it'll be Jax Bal at 4:15, while we stay at 1:

1) Buffalo has asked the league not to give them 4:00 starts at home -- and they haven't had any yet this year.

2) It gives Goodell an out: he can say yes I moved the Jet game, but kept it meaningful by moving the ravens game too. If Ravens lose and Pats win, a Jet win gives Jets the #6 seed.

BUT, how LIKELY is a Jaguars win in Baltimore on Dec 28 with nothing on the line for Jax?? NOT HAPPENNING!!!!!! I am sure the Pats' brass are working the phones tonight.
i really dont think they would be. they will show up and play when they are asked to. We are playing with house money right now. Any time shouldnt matter.
and if jets lose, you wouldnt know the difference between throwing the game vs flat out losing. I will still take the jets not making the playoffs as a success for us.

I think there are several reasons why the jets play to win this weekend:
1. Anyone who has played football realizes you never want to just lay down and let someone beat you. Do you really think the jets want miami (esp after listening to joey porter all game) celebrating on their field.
2. As another poster alluded to, 10-6 is a lot better than 9-7. Harder to fire a coach, many would say, who won 10 games for you, especially coming off as poor a season as last year.
3. Do you think Mangini wants to lose to the qb that he cut at the beginning of the season?
4. Do you think Favre wants to lose in what could be his last NFL game (not including the pro bowl)?
5. If the jets decide to play, which as I pointed out I think they will, they have owned miami, esp at the meadowlands. Miami has squeaked by last place teams, while the jets have shown the ability to beat competitive teams.

As for the jags, not as much hope here, but the ravens are coming off a big win in Dallas and could overlook the Jags, who could possibly steal the game if MJD gets going and Garrard decides to take care of the ball.

As for the jags, not as much hope here, but the ravens are coming off a big win in Dallas and could overlook the Jags, who could possibly steal the game if MJD gets going and Garrard decides to take care of the ball.

True, MJD could tear it up and Garrard could have a career game.

I'm also not discounting the possibility of Ray Lewis pulling a Plaxico or getting into a knife fight before Sun.

I think you all are overlooking an important factor in the Bal-Jax game. Some have said that Jax has nothing to play for, so will lose easily. They may get killed, but it won't be for lack of effort. Has it been that long since we were the crappy team whose only hope at the end of the year was to play the spoiler? Don't you remember that those games were like our Super Bowl?

I think Jax comes to play. Whether or not they have what it takes to beat Bal is another question entirely. It is a long shot.

As for the Mia-Jets game, I think it is imperative to keep our game and that one at the same time or put that game first. If the Jets know they have not shot, I put nothing by Mangini. That little rat has no morals.

Still, he will eating his own vomit if he lets Chad Pennington beat him at home with Favre over on the bench crying about the outcome of the last NFL game of his career.

Nope because the Pats-Bills game is at the same time as Jets-Dolphins so he wouldn't know yet if we beat bills.
Maybe coach BB should sandbag it for a while. If the Pats get off like the last two weeks, it's be evident to anyone with half a brain that it's over. Nah, you always go out to put away the opponent as soon as possible. Never know, and look what Buffalo did in Denver yesterday. Didn't have time to read all of the thread. Maybe this scenario has already been suggested.

Thinking about it. I think the guy who is most likely to tank the game may be Laveranues Coles. Mangini can't see Pennington go to the playoffs after dumping him for Favre. Coles, on the other hand, seems to hate Favre and loves Pennington. I think it would be far more likely he would drop a critical pass which might help show both Mangini and Favre the door after the season.

That said. I don't see anyone tanking anything.

I didn't wade through the whole thread, but thee are too many reasons they wouldn't.

(assuming the schedule stays the same)

1) Prove the Favre trade was wise (somehow)
2) Save several jobs
3) Maintain shot at the playoffs, however slim
4) Favre is done, wants to go out on top
5) Divisional game - to lose to the fish is to lose a lot of face (not that Mangini can't spare some face)
6) Home game - despite the whining at JI, there will be fans at the game

Unless they go into the game with NOTHING to play for, they will try to win.
We also don't know which players are playing for their jobs, escalators, etc...

I didn't wade through the whole thread, but thee are too many reasons they wouldn't.

(assuming the schedule stays the same)

1) Prove the Favre trade was wise (somehow)
2) Save several jobs
3) Maintain shot at the playoffs, however slim
4) Favre is done, wants to go out on top
5) Divisional game - to lose to the fish is to lose a lot of face (not that Mangini can't spare some face)
6) Home game - despite the whining at JI, there will be fans at the game

Unless they go into the game with NOTHING to play for, they will try to win.
We also don't know which players are playing for their jobs, escalators, etc...

I agree with most of those, but one you forgot is the one I put in my last post. Mangini doesn't want to show Jets Nation that he made a huge mistake getting rid of Pennington by allowing him to lead a 1-15 team to 11-5 and an AFC East Championship.

I agree with most of those, but one you forgot is the one I put in my last post. Mangini doesn't want to show Jets Nation that he made a huge mistake getting rid of Pennington by allowing him to lead a 1-15 team to 11-5 and an AFC East Championship.

Sorry, kind of meant to imply that with #1, but yes, exactly. If the game moves to a different time than ours, and we win, I still think it only eliminates a couple of motivations.

Mangini doesn't want to show Jets Nation that he made a huge mistake getting rid of Pennington by allowing him to lead a 1-15 team to 11-5 and an AFC East Championship.

Mangini doesn't tackle or throw blocks (except at the $3.99 all-you-can-eat buffet line) . . .

I can't imagine the Jets players fighting if they know they're toast.

If Mangini loses the division to the Pats, that's normal.
If he loses to the Fins, with them having the QB his team dumped, it's time for a regime change.

Yeah, he's motivated to win, even if the Jets' playoff hopes are otherwise dashed.

Mike Francesa believes next week's game will determine if Mangini keeps his job.

Nope because the Pats-Bills game is at the same time as Jets-Dolphins so he wouldn't know yet if we beat bills.

The Jets games has been flexed to 4:15pm. And, yes, if the Pats win, the Jets will have nothing to play for and Mangini will have his tream lie down like dogs because he is a spiteful POS who would rather bury his career than help BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes