PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Mangini be so cold and throw the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets games has been flexed to 4:15pm. And, yes, if the Pats win, the Jets will have nothing to play for and Mangini will have his tream lie down like dogs because he is a spiteful POS who would rather bury his career than help BB.

People seem to be projecting their Ids rather than looking at the situation logically. Ratgini is NOT gonna wanta blow his job and worse yet his CAREER by becoming the poster boy for EPIC FAIL. Somehow geting back at BB who did him no substantive harm would be idiotic. BB is simply gonna win the AFCE again next season and so on. 2008 is BFD.

The Jets games has been flexed to 4:15pm. And, yes, if the Pats win, the Jets will have nothing to play for and Mangini will have his tream lie down like dogs because he is a spiteful POS who would rather bury his career than help BB.

Yeah, but correct me if I'm wrong. The Ravens moved to the late spot to. So even if we win (which I expect), the JETS still need to play (and win) because they have the tiebreaker over both Miami and Baltimore. (is that correct?)

If they toss the game because the "Patriots" won, and then the Ravens tank to, then they just handed the playoffs away. They are not mathematically eliminated, even if the Pats win the division......... Until the Ravens win (which won't happen til the end of their game.

Bottom line, beyond the "keeping you job" motivations, ALL playoff scenarios for them start with a win. I expect them to play.

Last edited:
Mike Francesa believes next week's game will determine if Mangini keeps his job.

I pray that's correct, if one thing can go right this season. Then either we make the playoffs, or Mangini loses his job after just 3 seasons. That would be decent consolation.

Then either we make the playoffs, or Mangini loses his job after just 3 seasons. That would be decent consolation.

I've often considered that as consolation too..........but when you look deeper, isn't is best for us, as Pats fans to have manboobs remain with the Jets?

given the way the season has turned out, putting a nail in the jets coffin has lots of satisfaction

I've often considered that as consolation too..........but when you look deeper, isn't is best for us, as Pats fans to have manboobs remain with the Jets?

When we get Brady back, it's not going to matter how good the Jets, or the Dolphins for that matter, are. If anything having things more competitive will make us more battle tested for the playoffs which we are going to make with no problems.

I just want to see Mangini's face when he is fired, it's rare in this world that people get what they truly deserve.

Yeah, but correct me if I'm wrong. The Ravens moved to the late spot to. So even if we win (which I expect), the JETS still need to play (and win) because they have the tiebreaker over both Miami and Baltimore. (is that correct?)
That's right. If the Jets and Miami (and Pats) finish 10 - 6, Jets win tiebreaker because of W/L in the division, over both Miami and the Pats. If they finish tied with Baltimore, Jets have tiebreaker over them because of W/L in the conference. We need to beat Buffalo, and then root for the Jets. Sure, root for Jax too, but they're already a 12 point dog to Balti. You never know, though.

I don't see it cause I believe his job is on the line, but would he let his hate for us go that far?

OH YA.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that if the last 4 games we've seen is Eric Mangini TRYING to win a football game, seeing him attempt to THROW a football game is going to be incredibly ugly and apparent.

All I know is that if the last 4 games we've seen is Eric Mangini TRYING to win a football game, seeing him attempt to THROW a football game is going to be incredibly ugly and apparent.

On the other hand.......... seeing that he is so inept at TRYING to WIN a game, perhaps if that crosses over to equal ineptness when TRYING to LOSS a game. We could be in business. :singing:

Now that the Jest & Murderers(allegedly) both play @ 4pm - what a shock - the question now becomes:
If (not an over-confident When) the Pats beat a now temporarily resurgent Bills (damn the Donkeys for not beating either them or the Doofins at Denver), and if Jax starts early to lay down like the dogs they are, then will ManJudas' players play hard for the rest of their game?
I have a feeling that many of them will not.
Now, if the Rat Bastard has already been told that he will lose his job if he doesn't make the POs - even if the Jest defeat the Doofins - then I can see him possibly becoming a dead man coaching, and his players responding accordingly.

The question isn't if Mangini will coach to win, if the Pats win in Buff, but will the team play for him if they think they can't get in the playoffs. BTW, anyone who thinks the Ravens might lose is either deluded or a math major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back