PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Mangini be so cold and throw the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely think he would if he didn't have a chance at the playoffs. But thankfully for us he still has a chance.

Also, after that piss poor performance today he's coaching for his job now.

Yes, but if they flex the NYJ-MIA game to 4 or 8, they may ALREADY know the Jets have no shot at the playoffs if NE and Balt have already won. Think chronologically.

Last edited:
Yes, but if they flex the NYJ-MIA game to 4 or 8, they may ALREADY know the Jets have no shot at the playoffs if NE and Balt have already won. Think chronologically.

The Chargers/Broncos game has been flexed to 8.

4 is, of course, the big question. WHEN do we find out the answer. Someone said Don banks on SI said that he was sure they would move the Jets game to 4.

That seems very unfair to me.

The Chargers/Broncos game has been flexed to 8.

4 is, of course, the big question. WHEN do we find out the answer. Someone said Don banks on SI said that he was sure they would move the Jets game to 4.

That seems very unfair to me.

More importantly, it would seem very unfair to the NFL Owner who is the most powerful member of the NFL TV Committee - - the fella in the blue shirt, red tie and white collar.

More importantly, it would seem very unfair to the NFL Owner who is the most powerful member of the NFL TV Committee - - the fella in the blue shirt, red tie and white collar.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that. Surely he will say something. Everyone knows what this could mean and bottom line is it would take a very exciting scenario (everyone playing at the same time so no one knows) and make it very unfair. And unfair ONLY to us.

The idea that Mangini would somehow "throw" the game is ******ED. It would NEVER happen. For a ton of reasons, not just "he doesn't want Chad to beat them." He's paid to WIN football games. I expect the jets to be focused and ready, and I expect them to beat the dolphins.

There is, by the way, NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER that the Patriots lose to the Bills. None.

Yeah, I just read in Don Banks column that he expects the Jets game to get moved...IF that is true, it is complete and utter bullsh!t. How in the hell is that fair?

I sincerely hope Robert Kraft is pulling all the strings he can to ensure that doesn't happen.

Yeah, I just read in Don Banks column that he expects the Jets game to get moved...IF that is true, it is complete and utter bullsh!t. How in the hell is that fair?

I sincerely hope Robert Kraft is pulling all the strings he can to ensure that doesn't happen.

Remember there is only ONE stadium with its very own CBS Scene Restaurant.

CBS is really going to screw Bob Kraft?

Not that it couldn't happen, but I'd be more worried if Fox or NBC had the choice to make.

Last edited:
Remember there is only ONE stadium with its very own CBS Scene Restaurant.

CBS is really going to screw Bob Kraft?

I'd be more worried if Fox or NBC had the choice to make.

I agree, I agree. But you're forgetting one simple equation:

Goodell > CBS execs

If the former Jet employee wants to help the Jets out, he will. Everyone else be damned. And, IF that game does get moved to 4, I think we can really start throwing around words like "favoritism" and "conspiracy" and not sound like a bunch of nuts. Because there is no tangible reason for that game to get the great 4pm slot. Goodell always talks about "protecting the shield". How the hell is allowing a team to play at a later time and tank a game to keep another team out of the playoffs out of spite protecting the shield?

Last edited:
The Jets make the playoffs if they win and us or Baltimore loses. Why wouldn't they give it their all?

How many games can the NFL move from 1 to 4? If they move the Jets game AND either the Patriots OR Ravens game to 4, the Jets will surely have something to play for.

I agree, I agree. But you're forgetting one simple equation:

Goodell > CBS execs

If the former Jet employee wants to help the Jets out, he will. Everyone else be damned. And, IF that game does get moved to 4, I think we can really start throwing around words like "favoritism" and "conspiracy" and not sound like a bunch of nuts. Because there is no tangible reason for that game to get the great 4pm slot. Goodell always talks about "protecting the shield". How the hell is allowing a team to play at a later time and tank a game to keep another team out of the playoffs out of spite protecting the shield?

Who are Goodell's bosses? Some of the biggies sit on the TV Committee.

The Jets make the playoffs if they win and us or Baltimore loses. Why wouldn't they give it their all?

Easy.

1PM Patriots Win. Ravens Win. Jets Automatically Eliminated.

If Jets game is at 4PM - - Nothing at stake for the Jets. If they win, Pats get in. if they lose, Pats go home.

Got it?

Last edited:
They have to do something else, Jets fan or not there is no way Jolly Roger can make it so the Patriots are in a lose-lose situation.

Maybe they could move the Jets and the Patriots game to 4pm. If they move the Jets and only the Jets we need to start a vicious email campaign.

Who are Goodell's bosses? Some of the biggies sit on the TV Committee.

I don't know who his bosses are. He seems like he does his own thing, damn what everyone else thinks.

I really hope I am wrong, the Jets play at 1, and everything works out for us. But I think we're still in the "Ravens need to lose" situation like we were last week. Depending on the guy who stole from his former employer, then ratted out his former boss and friend, to do the right thing is a fools proposition.

I don't know who his bosses are. He seems like he does his own thing, damn what everyone else thinks.

I really hope I am wrong, the Jets play at 1, and everything works out for us. But I think we're still in the "Ravens need to lose" situation like we were last week. Depending on the guy who stole from his former employer, then ratted out his former boss and friend, to do the right thing is a fools proposition.

Keep the 3 games at the same time and there is no issue.

CBS will probably shift TWO games to 4:15, given that their only 4:15 game just got flexed out. I think they will shift BOTH the Jet game, as well as EITHER NE - Buf (more likely) OR Jax-Bal to 4:15.

Having two important games at 4:15 increases ratings for each - and increases ratings for meaningless 1:00 games prior. Plus, they still have Indy Tennessee at 1.

Bank on it. NO WAY will CBS send a possible tank-job by the Jets to the ENTIRE country at 4:15. If Goodell allows it, he'll never hear the end -- so much for protecting the shield. He knows damn well Dungee tanked one for the annoying Fisher at the expense of CLE last year. Plus CBS makes big money by building suspense for concurrent 4:15 games.

On another note, Mike Holmgren ROCKS. I'm watching his post-game show right now -- besides saving the Pats' chances, this win has made up for a dismal season. Hawks were committed to winning this last home game for him, and the stadium was packed during a rare December snowstorm to send him off.

Glorious Irony: This may be the game that sends Mangina off too -- looked like he knew it at the end.

CBS will probably shift TWO games to 4:15, given that their only 4:15 game just got flexed out. I think they will shift BOTH the Jet game, as well as EITHER NE - Buf (more likely) OR Jax-Bal to 4:15.

Having two important games at 4:15 increases ratings for each - and increases ratings for meaningless 1:00 games prior. Plus, they still have Indy Tennessee at 1.

Bank on it. NO WAY will CBS send a possible tank-job by the Jets to the ENTIRE country at 4:15. If Goodell allows it, he'll never hear the end -- so much for protecting the shield. He knows damn well Dungee tanked one for the annoying Fisher at the expense of CLE last year. Plus CBS makes big money by building suspense for concurrent 4:15 games.

On another note, Mike Holmgren ROCKS. I'm watching his post-game show right now -- besides saving the Pats' chances, this win has made up for a dismal season. Hawks were committed to winning this last home game for him, and the stadium was packed during a rare December snowstorm to send him off.

Glorious Irony: This may be the game that sends Mangina off too -- looked like he knew it at the end.

I think your probably right about this. They will want to have more than 1 4:15 game to switch to or show updates for, and the NFL wants to make sure the competition does not suffer because one team thinks their chances are over. Move our game and the Jets game to 4:15.

As I understand it, the decision comes down to the NFL and not the network.

i don't know about Woody, but the fans and media will give the Rat a big pass if they tank it next week, which i am virtually certain they will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back