PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Archuleta be a good match for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archuleta is very overated but if he wanted to sign an incentive laden deal like washington ild take him. he is pretty physical and could be a good back up to rodney.

Also I think J Sanders deserves another year before you dog him as not being able to cover, I think he was getting better overall as the year went by.

No bloody way. Converted college lLB that does not know the meaning of pass coverage.

My goodness no!! He's an in-the-box safety who doesn't tackle well in space, and can't cover. He wasn't successful in St. Louis, it was utterly baffling why the Redskins wanted him in the first place, never mind paying him so much, and they ended up benching him. I've been watching him throughout his career and honestly I don't understand what exactly he is good at, if anything. I mean, the whole "in-the-box safety" thing is fine if he were a great tackler, but he's not!

As the first article suggests, a trade to the Safety-searching Bears wouldn't surprise me. If anyone can coach anything out of Archuleta, it's his old DC, Lovie Smith.

i still think he's better than anyone we had playing at the end of last season. i think one thing that we are all forgetting is that we still have eugene wilson coming back with harrison. he's been hurt a bit, but i just love that tandem. wilson hits like a freight train and he can cover. i dont think that part of the secondary is that much of a concern. sure, wilson doesnt play as well when rodney isnt there but rodney will be there all season this year. i guarantee it.

1--Archuleta was a workout warrior. This didn't translate to football talent.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/nawrocki_061901.asp

2--I am a confessed James Sanders fan, and it is extremely insulting to compare Archuleta to Sanders. Archuleta was a 1st rounder that was highly touted and highly paid and had the chance to start for 2 competitive teams (88 games). James Sanders is a 4th rounder from Fresno State with 26 games of experience and about whom Rodney Harrison has made rave comments in support of.

Adam was traded to the Bears for a sixth rounder.

You should be happey he is not on your team. I know from experience that he can't cover my 90 year old grandmother. He'll he is known for his wiff tackles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft