PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst to First - Which 2006 dud will turn it around to win their division

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with this thread is that it ONLY includes last place teams.

Based on that assumption, None of the teams listed will be a 1st place finisher.

Arizona won't because they will have a new system and a young QB. They will be better, but NOT 1st place. Give them another year. The Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks are all a little better this year, that's not good for Arizona.

That said, if you are looking for SURPRISE teams this year, meaning those that did not make the playoffs last year, then we would have a better and more relevant discussion.

The Rams and Broncos will be Playoff teams in 2007. The Broncos may have the most to play for...bad taste in their mouth from the way 2006 season ended and the loss of 2 teammates during the off-season. And while NE, SD, Indy, and the Ravens beat up on each other, the Broncos may cruise through their schedule (they do play SD twice in division, but a split would put them in position to win the division).

As for biggest disappointments, look for the NY Giants to crumble and Coughlin to be fired by week 7. Without Tiki and with an aging and injury-prone Strahan, they have nothing in the form of leadership on this team.

That said, I can't wait for the season to start and see how things play out!

IMO its a 100% chance that from the 2006/07 season final standings,one of those celler dwelling teams will not only do better but at least 1 of those 8 teams will win at least 10 games and probably more.

Last year it was Baltimore and New Orleans that turned it around and won thier respective divisions after sucking in 2005/06 season.

Who is more likely to do it and why?

Washington
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Miami
Cleveland
Houston
Oakland

I say by far its going to be Arizona...finally overcoming the odds and being a top tier team in the NFC - I like the fact that they have finally hired a coach with good credentials in Weisenhunt who came from a highly respected football organization in Pittsburgh and did a great job there,I think he will do well as HC and I don't know of too many teams who have such good secondaries that they can slow down the awesome offensive powerhouse this team is sure to become now - With Boldin and Fitzgerald at WR and James in the backfield,its an arsenal that Leinart has in his second season and Leinart will be a pro bowl QB in his 2nd year as a result of the fortunate situation he has there out west. - Look for Arizona to surprise all as the Worst to First team and win the West with an 11-5 record.

Second pick would be Tampa Bay but only because that division is terrible.

The Oakland Raiders may have one of the best secondaries in football,at least on paper but unfortunately they are in the same division as Denver and San Diego
I see Cleveland as most likely to stay last again in their division.
Even if one of these teams wins their division(I doubt any will anyways) they will all still be duds come playoff time. If I had to guess I'd have to say Arizona.

we all know it won't be Miami

Miami :D - just kidding

I dont think Detroit will do it but I think they have the best chances - NFCN is the weakest division in the league and they´ve had a pretty good offseason.

Miami might be a surprise wild card contender, but they'll come no closer than 4 games of first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back