PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will we draft a running back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a second day late pick that is just too good to pass up, then it would be fine. Other than that, I'd rather see them concentrate on OLB, ILB, OL, DL. CB & S.

I made a post over a month ago, in favor of drafting Beanie Wells if he was still available. Most of you were against the pick and after reading your quality posts, you convinced me we should not pick Wells.

What about Shon Green or Rashad Jennings later in the draft?
Green may be available in the 2nd round and Jennings could be available for our comp pick at the end of round#3. He may slip (I doubt it) to us in round #4.

My sleeper pick is Gartrell Johnson.
He should be available in the 4th round or later.

I would like to get a banger.... I am sick of the Maroney two step dancing.

What do you think?

Round 5: GLEN COFFEE, ALABAMA

That 4.73 short shuttle really scares me. That suggests lack of agility/change of direction. I'd go for Jennings or Greene in the 3rd.

I posted that before the short shuttle, which puts him at about the same quickness as most linemen. :eek: Jennings in the third would be great, although I think his most recent workouts put him early in that round.

My prediction: Maroney gets one more year to prove himself without a rookie breathing down his neck (which would, unfortunately, freak him out). The Pats get either a blocking FB/Evans replacement or a smaller back/Faulk eventual replacement.

Book it. :rolleyes:

P.S. Oh, VJC, why does the lingerie model taunt me so?

Last edited:
If Moreno is sitting there at 34 he would be very hard to pass on but I doubt he's even there at 23. I like Andre Brown from NC St, runs hard btween the tackles and has the lower body strength and build to do it on a consistent basis. Good hands and solid in pass protection. Also has the speed to finish runs. If he's there at 58 or in the 3rd I'd be happy to have him.

ProFootballTalk.com - Stock Rising For Andre Brown

Stock Rising For Andre Brown
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 26, 2009, 8:06 p.m. EDT

Speedy North Carolina State running back Andre Brown is scheduled to visit the San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers, Houston Texans, New England Patriots and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

He has also conducted a private workout with the Patriots.

The 6′0, 224-pounder registered a hand-timed 4.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine with an official time of 4.47.

“I’m hearing I could go in the second or third round,” Brown told us in a telephone interview. “My workouts and my performance at the Senior Bowl have really helped me a lot. … I’m an old-fashioned guy. I love Walter Payton, how hard he ran. I’m a big back that has speed. I’m an every-down type of back.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft