PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Sunday be the Loudest Game in Gillette History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Crowd.

Never felt more proud of our crowd. It made a big difference.

Well, as someone who was there, I can't remember a louder one.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Any youtube vids of the crowd reaction to Cundiff's miss yet???

Wire to wire it was the loudest game I can remember.

We never sat down in 329, which I've never seen before.

We rocked!

Loud as hell on TV, they had a few shots of Brady and Welker trying to quiet the crowd, you guys are awesome but damn, use that energy on defense! Haha.

Wire to wire it was the loudest game I can remember.

We never sat down in 329, which I've never seen before.

We rocked!

Damn. I was in 330. Never sat down either. It was unreal.

Any youtube vids of the crowd reaction to Cundiff's miss yet???

Don't have an vids, but the funniest part about it is that no one but the people in the endzone's knew he missed it. It was sort of, they all started going crazy and cheering...then everyone else figured it out and started cheering even louder.

Then the hugging random strangers and high fiving everyone while yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL" ensued.

Loud as hell on TV, they had a few shots of Brady and Welker trying to quiet the crowd, you guys are awesome but damn, use that energy on defense! Haha.

I was actually yelling "quiet!" when the Pats had the ball. The fans were very excited and involved but they didn't seem to get that they should be quiet when the Pats are on O.

Last edited:
I was actually yelling "quiet!" when the Pats had the ball. The fans were very excited and involved but they didn't seem to get that they should be quiet when the Pats are on O.

Yeah, I love the energy, can't blame them, I just don't think everyone gets it, haha. Still, if i had a choice of a dead crowd all game or what we had today, I'd take today every single time.

Don't have an vids, but the funniest part about it is that no one but the people in the endzone's knew he missed it. It was sort of, they all started going crazy and cheering...then everyone else figured it out and started cheering even louder.

Then the hugging random strangers and high fiving everyone while yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL" ensued.

Yes, this is exactly what happened. And I was row 4 Mezzanine at the goalline, so I was very close to the situation. I was practically hovering over Moore when he knocked the ball out of Evans' hands. And after Moore slapped the ball down on 3rd down, we all kind of celebrated and breathed a sigh of relief. OVERTIME! Everyone in my section (we were all pretty chummy even with the Raven fans) was kind of standing around and talking while they lined up for the kick. Honestly, it was the only offensive play for the Ravens when the fans were not tuned in and yelling their brains out. Half the section wasn't even watching it seemed.

And I did the same thing, when I saw the ball kicked I saw the fans go wild, and I hesitated. I was like, "WOT?" No way. And this thought even flashed in my mind, "The kick was good but the fans think it was bad and surely the refs will correct them." Then the refs signaled no good 3 seconds later, it seemed, and still then it took another few seconds for us to celebrate.

Been to every N.E. home playoff game in their history, with exception of PITT fog game in 1990's, and I would put last night's game as #1 loudest. '04 AFCC game v. Colts #2. After stopping Balt on 3 consecutive plays in waning seconds, the crowd was very, very loud before the missed field goal attempt with 11 seconds to go. Given the circus-like atmosphere in the stadium, not a huge surprise kick was missed.

Same thing up in 313, I've learned over the years to look at the crowd in the endzone, they'll tell you if the kick is good or not (had to do that back in the snowbowl as well). Once he missed it, bunch of hugging random people and screaming. I thought the crowd really brought it, both this game and the Denver game. Even the Red Seats were filled the whole game (other than a few minutes after half time, when everyone was coming back out). Loudest cheer I think was after Kraft gestured skyward after getting the Lamar Hunt trophy.

Same thing up in 313, I've learned over the years to look at the crowd in the endzone, they'll tell you if the kick is good or not (had to do that back in the snowbowl as well). Once he missed it, bunch of hugging random people and screaming. I thought the crowd really brought it, both this game and the Denver game. Even the Red Seats were filled the whole game (other than a few minutes after half time, when everyone was coming back out). Loudest cheer I think was after Kraft gestured skyward after getting the Lamar Hunt trophy.

Different stadiums (old and new), but Snow Bowl A.V. Blizzard-kick to tie was same end (south) of field as Cundiff pull hook out-of-bounds to lose tournament.

Exactly right ... we were in 223 and the kick was to our right ... I knew it was left, but had no idea how far left until we heard the crowd directly behing the goal posts erupt. I looked down at the official and they just waived their arms. I threw back my head , my hat flew off and I just said Oh my God ... were going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Loudest crowd ever ... I was listening to the radio broadcast and couldn't even hear them it was so loud! The place was rocking a half hour before the game ... I can conform that the 300's were all standing and I was amazed by that ... way to go Pats Fans!!!!

I thought the crowd came through for the Patriots yesterday, it was good to see. Props to everyone who was there making noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News