PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Sunday be the Loudest Game in Gillette History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that it will be loud but I'm skeptical, given the Gillette crowd's history. I'd be more optimistic if it were another night game....fewer women and children. May not be PC but it's the truth.

That's racist.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you as usual.

The '04 Colts team was so overrated that the fans reacted with such fury - it was beautiful. Similar to the Tebow game last week, actually.

The loudest I've ever heard the stadium was in 2008 when the Pats tied the game against the Jets on the last play of the game. I forget how that one ended.

hmmmm...let me see if i can jog my memory (- dream sequence sound).

cassel drops back-
cassel scrambles -
moss makes a move to corner of EZ on ty law and revis -
cassel spots him and makes the throw -
moss makes a shoestring catch -
gostkowski makes the kick to tie the game -
ref goes to the fifty to toss the coin for ot -
ref gets call from home by upset wife -
ref leaves the game -
stadium lights go out -
game over -
ref grabs milk on his way home -

ahhhh the memories. you're right...that was a great game!

That's racist.

Look at this here boys, we got us a pink-hat lover. We don't take kindly to your type round heyah.

If memory serves me right, and it may not due to age/alcohol consumption :D, that 03 title games against Indianapolis was the loudest in Gillette (only other louder game I've attended was the 96 title game against Jacksonville in which the old stadium was literally SHAKING as Otis Smith picked up James Stewart's' (i think) fumble and ran down the opponents' sideline for a td (i think) to seal the game. That crowd was the loudest I've ever heard - it was deafening, like when I saw Black Sabbath with Dio at the Orpheum - I had muffled hearing for a few days after that show.
Back to that Indianapolis game - if memory serves it began snowing early into the tailgate and when those those first flakes fell, the parking lot erupted! On Indianapolis third downs the crowd was just electric and i really feel we had an effect on Manning that day. Hopefully the crowd does the same tomorrow - wish I was going but age and kids and married life caught up to me....GO PATS!

Last edited:
I will be there, so yes. :rocker:

Bump...............................................................................................if you are going to the game, be incredibly loud. We need the fans to bring their A plus game!

Just bumping...........:yeahthat:

The loudest I have ever heard Gillette was opening night against the Steelers in 2002. It was Monday Night Football, the Pats had won the Super Bowl the prior year, and a new Stadium opened. Dennis Hopper did the MNF intro and he was awesome. It also helped that the Pats beat the crap out of Pittsburgh that night!

In order of LOUD at Gillette:

1). 2002 opening night
2). 2003 AFC Championship Game

In order of LOUD at Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium:

1). 1996 playoffs; Fog Bowl. 1st play of the game to Terry Glenn and then Curtis Martin's 70+ yard romp for a TD.

2). 1993. Drew throws a TD pass to Timpson in OT to beat the Dolphins and knock them out of the playoffs

3). 1996 playoffs. Otis Smith picking up a fumble and taking it to the house to send the Pats to the Super Bowl.

4). 1994. Pats come back from after being down 20-0 and Drew throws the winning TD pass to Kevin Turner in OT.

The loudest I have ever heard Gillette was opening night against the Steelers in 2002. It was Monday Night Football, the Pats had won the Super Bowl the prior year, and a new Stadium opened. Dennis Hopper did the MNF intro and he was awesome. It also helped that the Pats beat the crap out of Pittsburgh that night!

In order of LOUD at Gillette:

1). 2002 opening night
2). 2003 AFC Championship Game

In order of LOUD at Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium:

1). 1996 playoffs; Fog Bowl. 1st play of the game to Terry Glenn and then Curtis Martin's 70+ yard romp for a TD.

2). 1993. Drew throws a TD pass to Timpson in OT to beat the Dolphins and knock them out of the playoffs

3). 1996 playoffs. Otis Smith picking up a fumble and taking it to the house to send the Pats to the Super Bowl.

4). 1994. Pats come back from after being down 20-0 and Drew throws the winning TD pass to Kevin Turner in OT.

Proud to say I was at each and every one of those games.

Ashamed to admit I was too drunk to remember how loud the crowds were :eek:

kidding! I agree with these ratings. Fog bowl was super loud as the fog seemed to keep the noise decibels from escaping.

This WILL be the loudest game in Gillette history, for several reasons:

1. Patriots fans are really hungry. I can feel it. The team is as hungry and focused as I can remember and so are the fans.
2. In the playoff loses to both the Ravens and the Jets, the stadium was relatively quiet. This past week it was the loudest I ever heard, simply listening on TV, and based on what everybody said, AND THE PATRIOTS WON BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS!
3. Patriot fans know the Ravens' four losses this year were all on the road, and we're going to take advantage of that by being VERY loud!

Bring your cow bells, megaphones, clap, stomp, yell, and scream. Flacco hates noise. It bothers him, so bring it Patriot fans, more than you ever have before. BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little guy asked if he could bring his air horn...lol

It would be great, but i'm afraid it might be against the rules, and I don't want to lose my season tickets over that. I'm also afraid he might make a few people around us angry by making them deaf. That thing is freaking LOUD! :rocker:

Anybody know if it's allowed? I can't think it could be. :(

sunday night yep and cory dillion was on the ticket and bruschi made the first play for a loss. i still have the bru's in my ear

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I have never been to a home game for the Pats. That being said I believe it won't be the loudest. I think the reg season games against the Jets were probably the loudest. There's my two cents worth.

I was at the 2005 game against the Colts in the Divisional Round where we won 20-3....all I know is that place was LOUD.

Branch was saying in an interview yesterday that they had to try to quiet the fans at some points because they were TOO loud, he still appreciated it. Just wish that all fans understood when the best times to be loud were.

..maybe we need "applaud now" lights that turn on when we're on defense.

Anyways, the fact that Gillette has been called TOO loud is pretty amazing, especially when its known for being one of the quieter stadiums.

Last edited:
01 Raiders, Tuck play.. Crowd went freaking bonkers ;)

And I was there to enjoy it

Branch was saying in an interview yesterday that they had to try to quiet the fans at some points because they were TOO loud, he still appreciated it. Just wish that all fans understood when the best times to be loud were.

I was at the game and remember this. When the Broncos (idiotically) deferred the kickoff, the crowd was electric during the first possession and Deion had to flap his arms down to try to quiet the crowd.

Well, as someone who was there, I can't remember a louder one.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey