PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wickersham and others drop numerous bombshells on Belichick/Brady relationship

But... he said Belichick tried to trade Brady.

The timing showed this wasn't true.

I mean, the timing is everything.

I'm not saying Wickersham is twisting it. I'm saying he's getting bad info. Whether it's coming from Brady or Kraft, the source for Seth never knew about Belichick's conversations about trading Brady with other teams, so there was no expectation that the truth would ever come out. I'm sure it came as a surprise to Seth, but the truth is, he pulled a Chris Mortensen and never addressed the discrepancy. Mortensen didn't either.
Yea, so I agree that whoever is feeding him info is at fault - I might even assume that maybe his source is feeding him inaccurate info intentionally to avoid being outed/reprimanded

As for the belichick Brady trade... I know Tom House - who worked with Brady - claimed similar things about Belichick trading Brady

Yea, so I agree that whoever is feeding him info is at fault - I might even assume that maybe his source is feeding him inaccurate info intentionally to avoid being outed/reprimanded

As for the belichick Brady trade... I know Tom House - who worked with Brady - claimed similar things about Belichick trading Brady

??

That's what you got from that?

He asked House why he shouldn't trade Brady.

You think that means he was trying to trade Brady?

Wickersham was right about 90% of his story back in 2017 (or 2018 don't really remember now) and the same homers on here clutched their pearls and claimed he was wrong and clueless. The guy is clearly tied in and has some sources very high in the organization.

You do realize that proceeding the Miami game...

1. The sexual assault accusation already occured a few days prior.
2. Antonio Brown spent the prior off season completely imploding on the Steelers and outright avoiding Rooney until they were forced to cut him. A bunch of horror stories came out about his time in Pittsburgh. He got paid a fortune by the Raiders and had a huge saga about what helmet he could wear and skipping practice over it and then injured himself by freezing his foot.

He was a walking nuclear bomb before we ever had him play a game for us. Like he was the number one story of that off season.

And yet... Kraft still should kept AB until the league itself decided what to do with him... Bobby's Orchids of Asia incident might very well have been the catalyst behind cutting ties with him... That, and because Bendover B had already shown himself to be a real spineless schmuck...

Last edited:
That's not the point. Wickersham says he was banished from the training room so they had to use a tractor shed out in the fields instead.

I'm saying that this story is hard to believe since Guerrero had his own training center right there in the plaza.
The answer is pretty simple, stop believing a gossip columnist.

Wickersham was right about 90% of his story back in 2017 (or 2018 don't really remember now) and the same homers on here clutched their pearls and claimed he was wrong and clueless. The guy is clearly tied in and has some sources very high in the organization.
He took what was common knowledge amongst diehard Pat's fans and spun a fantastical dramatic lie around it...

"Here’s what I know. From sources that are impeccable:
–Trading Brady was never on the table.
–The Patriots made efforts to extend Garoppolo. But he wasn’t taking their offer. He wanted to be a starter.
–Mr. Kraft didn’t force a trade. Nobody makes Belichick do anything, ever. This was no exception.
–Belichick was conflicted about the trade. It’s been a tough situation. But there was just no way to keep both QBs.
–No one is leaving. No one is retiring. Not Brady. Not Belichick. They are both under contract and here to stay.
–This whole phony report is coming from outside the organization and the people behind it have been bragging this was coming.

That last part is key. Think about it. If you’re a Patriots insider with knowledge about what’s going on in their building, who are you going to go to with a sexy story? Adam Schefter probably. One of the trusted beat guys like Mike Reiss perhaps. The last guy you’re going to leak it to is Wickersham, who’s tried to win a Pulitzer in Fake Patriots Journalism and discredited everything you’ve ever accomplished in your career. He’s the guy on the Contacts list of everyone with a grudge against the team, and the first one they call with unsubstantiated rumors and complete made up nonsense. He’s a useful idiot. A Chris Mortensen 2.0." - Jerry Thornton

www.barstoolsports.com/boston/i-can-confirm-the-espn-report-about-the-patriots-infighting-is-a-pack-of-lies/?_branch_match_id=294220229439473507

Last edited:
As with the previous Wickersham stuff...

It's not 100% true, but it's definitely not 100% false.

He was still right about general idea (tension between Brady and Bill, etc.). It was the details were off (the timing of the trade proposals, etc.)

So for some of this stuff, I'm gonna assume the general idea/vibe is correct.

The thing is with stories like this, sources have their own agendas and their recounts of events are biased. You can go through all the reports that have come out the last week and you can definitely point individual stories and events described that really look to be coming from people who put their own spin on events.

WickerSham is a Bronco’s fan, Peyton Manning was his boy. He hates New England.

Anyone who reads this National Enquirer level fiction and decides it’s “true,” is a rube standing in line at their supermarket getting suckered into buying junk.

He takes a truth we all know, and rewrites it to make it melodramatic. Lies. If faking sport’s news stories mattered or were investigated, he would have had his license revoked years ago.

??

That's what you got from that?

He asked House why he shouldn't trade Brady.

You think that means he was trying to trade Brady?
Give it up. Why the fk would he ask that unless he was looking for a reason not to? There's no reason for the question if trading him wasn't on his radar.

Give it up. Why the fk would he ask that unless he was looking for a reason not to? There's no reason for the question if trading him wasn't on his radar.
You give it up. Your reading of what House said is incredibly lame. Why would he ask that? Are you really wondering that? Oh my god, I'm talking to morons here.

You give it up. Your reading of what House said is incredibly lame. Why would he ask that? Are you really wondering that? Oh my god, I'm talking to morons here.
No, it's completely agenda-driven. Now that the anti-BB people have gotten their wish, cold reality is starting to smack them in the face, so we need to re-hash all this stuff, in case anyone forgot their reasons.

No, it's completely agenda-driven. Now that the anti-BB people have gotten their wish, cold reality is starting to smack them in the face, so we need to re-hash all this stuff, in case anyone forgot their reasons.
Agree. Did you listen to House talk about what Belichick said in that video? It was clearly not meant to be about trading Brady. It was both a joke and a comment about House's abilities to extend a player's career.

So I'm thinking I want to get rid of my car and get a new one. Most cars the age of mine have a history of breaking down. So I ask a master mechanic why I should keep my old car. He valued his opinion and wanted assurance. Critical thinking.

And yet... Kraft still should kept AB until the league itself decided what to do with him... Bobby's Orchids of Asia incident might very well have been the catalyst behind cutting ties with him... That, and because Bendover B had already shown himself to be a real spineless schmuck...
AB got suspended the minute a team signed him. The writing was on the wall. He wasn't going to play for us that year. There's plenty to criticize Kraft for, but that wasn't one of them. Us cutting him just delayed that he was going to take a time out.

Yeah. It's sort of a semantics thing at this point. Wickersham was largely right and maybe got some smaller details wrong. But the overall content of his article was backed up many times over afterwards. I tend to think Brady was probably his source.

Yeah. It's sort of a semantics thing at this point. Wickersham was largely right and maybe got some smaller details wrong. But the overall content of his article was backed up many times over afterwards. I tend to think Brady was probably his source.
...maybe...

WickerSham is a Bronco’s fan, Peyton Manning was his boy. He hates New England.

Anyone who reads this National Enquirer level fiction and decides it’s “true,” is a rube standing in line at their supermarket getting suckered into buying junk.

He takes a truth we all know, and rewrites it to make it melodramatic. Lies. If faking sport’s news stories mattered or were investigated, he would have had his license revoked years ago.
I dislike Wickersham as much as the next Patriots fan but we’re burying our head in the sand to pretend he wasn’t spot on about a lot of things, especially in 2018. Stands to reason that he’s accurately reporting what’s happening now, especially in a bad situation where sources are guaranteed to be leaking stories.

I dislike Wickersham as much as the next Patriots fan but we’re burying our head in the sand to pretend he wasn’t spot on about a lot of things, especially in 2018. Stands to reason that he’s accurately reporting what’s happening now, especially in a bad situation where sources are guaranteed to be leaking stories.
He provided nothing beyond what we already knew…. zilch.

He provided a bunch of lies that were outright debunked and couldn’t defend when he appeared on WEEI and got grilled.

His sources weren’t players, but in his mind reputable… the guy who got blackballed from Foxboro for a story about warm gatorade has inside sources. Sounds legit.

He’s a tabloid hack.

Last edited:
AB got suspended the minute a team signed him. The writing was on the wall. He wasn't going to play for us that year. There's plenty to criticize Kraft for, but that wasn't one of them. Us cutting him just delayed that he was going to take a time out.

Didn't AB receive only an 8-game suspension; and wouldn't that have been served in full by the time the POs arrived...?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back