PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the hate for Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed these lies from BB...

How did he react to the disciplinary action? How did he come back on Thursday and Friday?
"Good. Good. I had a good talk with Randy and really, as we all know, he's one of our team captains, one of the most respected players on the team, one of the best players on the team."

Is he a victim of his success?
"I think we all understand, and Randy better than anybody, that there is a certain microscope on him. He knows that. It's always been that way with him. This isn't anything new. The big thing is every week, come in, prepare, go out, work hard, play as well as you can on Sunday, come back, correct the mistakes and move on to next week. I think he's very professional about that. I feel that way, really, about our whole team."

You better stay away from drinking if it makes you think we play the Eagles this week. Obviously you don't handle your drinking well, no underage kid does.

I'm 72 and I know we play the Dolphins this week

I'm 72 and I know we play the Dolphins this week

liar

nobody over the age of 50 even knows how to turn a computer on

fact

Is it time to resurrect these threads???

The hate is this: to players like Randy the game is just a business. To most fans like me it is a lot more; it brings enjoyment and distraction to a somewhat mundane and obligation-filled life. I always expect (probably unrealistically) that these guys will man up and play out their contracts, and I am deeply disappointed when something like this happens because it affects my enjoyment of the game.

Randy Moss shot his way out of town and left us in the lurch for this season. I hope and pray (probably unrealistically again) that because they had some notice, the Pats have an "end game" other than just picking up another 3rd round pick (which has diminished value to the Pats, in my mind, because they already have tons of young players and tons of picks next year, so they can't possibly get "value" for all these picks). I was hoping that 20 minutes after the Moss trade was announced, a trade for Vincent Jackson by the Pats with some of their picks would be announced, but that has already been debunked.

So for the moment I am PO'd at Randy and hope he flames out in Minnesota. He did a lot for us when he was here, but we did a lot for him too, and right now, we have gotten the short end of the stick.

The hate is this: to players like Randy the game is just a business. To most fans like me it is a lot more; it brings enjoyment and distraction to a somewhat mundane and obligation-filled life. I always expect (probably unrealistically) that these guys will man up and play out their contracts, and I am deeply disappointed when something like this happens because it affects my enjoyment of the game.

Randy Moss shot his way out of town and left us in the lurch for this season. I hope and pray (probably unrealistically again) that because they had some notice, the Pats have an "end game" other than just picking up another 3rd round pick (which has diminished value to the Pats, in my mind, because they already have tons of young players and tons of picks next year, so they can't possibly get "value" for all these picks). I was hoping that 20 minutes after the Moss trade was announced, a trade for Vincent Jackson by the Pats with some of their picks would be announced, but that has already been debunked.

So for the moment I am PO'd at Randy and hope he flames out in Minnesota. He did a lot for us when he was here, but we did a lot for him too, and right now, we have gotten the short end of the stick.

Yes, that post Cincinnati game interview displayed a player who clearly is only a robot concerned with the business side of football. And "shot his way out of town"? Seriously?

Yes, that post Cincinnati game interview displayed a player who clearly is only a robot concerned with the business side of football. And "shot his way out of town"? Seriously?

Seriously, to me. There was no reason for the Pats to do this deal and imperil their season unless he had become intolerable behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3