PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the hate for Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You idiots who keep complaining about Moss don't understand that there isn't anything to replace such production.

Even if Moss didn't put forth full effort (which I don't think is the case), there is still NO ONE who could replace his production. You take Moss off the team and the offense is in deep ****.

Do you people seriously want this team to regress offensively when we don't have a defense like we did during the championship years?

I completely agree. He makes the rest of the offense better by just lining up as a WR. He automatically will draw the opposing teams top CB and then force a saftely to cheat to his side. This opens underneath for Welker. Why do you think he has all of these catches? Moss has something to do with it.

I dont even want to know what this team would be like without Moss. Welker would not have more than 4 or 5 catches a game and the offense as a whole would suffer.

He is a despicable phony just like Brian Holloway was

He is a despicable phony just like Brian Holloway was

What is the common link between Randy Moss and Brian Holloway? As hard as I try, I cannot even begin to formulate one.

What is the common link between Randy Moss and Brian Holloway? As hard as I try, I cannot even begin to formulate one.

Holloway quit on the team back in 1986. He layed down demanding a trade to the Los Angeles Raiders. He got his wish in the offseason. I think we should trade Moss to Dallas. I think he would be much happier there where there isn't a coach who will stand up to him

Holloway quit on the team back in 1986. He layed down demanding a trade to the Los Angeles Raiders. He got his wish in the offseason. I think we should trade Moss to Dallas. I think he would be much happier there where there isn't a coach who will stand up to him

Did you register just to post this nonsense?

Isn't it embarrassing how so many Patriot fans continue to make excuses for a lazy malcontent like Randy Moss?? What the hell has this guy ever won in a Patriot uni to merit such loyalty?? It's obvious lots of pinkhats reside in Gillette stadium too. It's not just Fenway where you'll find fans who just lap it up no matter what. I miss the days when sports fans around here would never tolerate a malcontent like Moss. As you say, character doesn't come and go and that's a word that NOBODY has ever attached to Randy Moss.

Why is Moss a malcontent? .... you show me one quote from one teammate on the Patriots that has called him something other than one of the hardest workers on the team. He was VOTED by his teammates to be one of the CAPTAINS of the team!

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents here...From someone that went through Terrell Owens recently...

Frankly - anytime the media just OVER-blows on any single player on any team, the BIG trap throughout all this is that the fans of these respective teams end up getting hooked, lined, and sinkered into thinking that it's this particular player, and ONLY this particular player that's ruining this team's respective season et al.

Anyhow - from my experiences with Terrell Owens here in Dallas - yeah, the man's not exactly a model citizen, far from it, but while I myself was never a fan of TO, he WAS made the SCAPEGOAT for all of Dallas' late season meltdowns in 2006 and 2008.

I mean everyone was accusing TO of jumping on Romo's back like a 500 pd gorilla, and supposedly Romo started forcing his throws into double coverage just to *please* him AND for that matter too, Jason Garrett was supposedly forced to abandon the run game just to please his man.

Here are the FACTS -

1) We had trouble running the ball in 2008 b/c our LG, Kyle Kosier, missed all but 2 games, and the 2 games he DID play in, were pretty much our ONLY games where we ran a balanced offense(Barber came up huge),

2) Supposedly, with TO out of the picture, Romo was now free to make his reads better and to just throw to the open guy...NOT! Romo STILL has problems protecting the football, and this DESPITE a 3 headed attack Jason Garrett is utilizing very well in Barber/Felix/Choice.

Yeah - Romo's numbers this month of Dec are pretty decent, but a good number of those good stats were in garbage time in both games, when the Giants and Chargers were laying back playing prevent.

3) Supposedly, with TO out of the picture, this team would become easier to play sound disciplined fundamental football b/c 'Team Obliviator' wasn't around demanding special attention...NOT! For all y'all that saw the Chargers game yesterday, there were just SO many little things Dallas didn't do right. This has been a recurring problem since Parcells. And oh - this team still does NOT play well in Dec.

Anyways - thought I would throw in my 2 cents with similar experiences - ultimately, every team has problems, but it's not like completely kicking off and singling one guy out will make matters any better. Don't sweat it - the Pats will be fine. Moss will pick it up in the coming weeks.

Another thing - I've noticed other teams' QBs throw into double coverage more times than not into their favorite receivers. Eli did several times to Plax(i.e. the Giants O went into a BIG decline after Plax did what he did), I'm noticing McNabb, who does a very good job throwing it to whoever's open, is starting to give that special attention too to DeSean Jackson, etc.

Did you register just to post this nonsense?

You just can't deal with the facts. Everything to you is nonsense. You better get ready for the game this week against the Eagles

You just can't deal with the facts. Everything to you is nonsense. You better get ready for the game this week against the Eagles
Obvious troll is obvious

I don't think I need to post after I've had 12 Jagerbombs anymore. Good Night

You were done after 1 ... just like Adalius Thomas ... 1 and done.

Some people really do have reactionary and dimwitted views.

ESPN has a ticker going by at the bottom called "MOSS". Its the same as 2 13-0 teams in terms of importance.

in his weekly rankings, florio babbles about the fact that now he knows why moss was only worth a 4th rounder.....3 years, 3500 yards and 43 TD's?

people would give up a first rounder easy for numbers like that

This board is 99% trolls

You better stay away from drinking if it makes you think we play the Eagles this week. Obviously you don't handle your drinking well, no underage kid does.

ESPN has a ticker going by at the bottom called "MOSS". Its the same as 2 13-0 teams in terms of importance.

Not to derail this thread to much - but even the ESPN execs are Council on Foreign Relations members. Not going to elaborate what the CFR is, but will just briefly say that they're this shadow government that has alot of final say on Capitol Hill(the White House/Congress are nothing more than puppets) - members include the Rockefeller/Rothchild families, politicians on both sides of the isles, media members(i.e. Rupert Murdoch, CNN's Kitty Pilgrim, and Tom Brokaw), Henry Kissinger, 2 so-called 'evangelicals'(i.e. Rick Warren and Richard Land), education leaders(i.e. a Dean of a university in my city is a member), the Federal Reserve, just to name a few. One of their big objectives is implementing the North American Union(i.e. the Amnesty bill is hot on their plates).

OK - like I said, I didn't mean to derail this thread a bit like this, but my point I was trying to say that AVOID ANYTHING that has CFR fingerprints on it, like ESPN. These tv stations like ESPN that are headed by CFR members know how to hook their viewers and mind control them with all this nonsense, b/c the CFR itself does it's best to distract the American public, so they can implement alot of their sinister agendas.

As a Cowboys fan - we went through this nonsense with Terrell Owens - late in the season after the gut-wrenching Pittsburgh loss, all of a sudden, ESPN put a "Terrell Owens" ticker out of the blue. I mean I can honestly say there was NO proof that Owens got into a scuffle with Jason Witten b/c he was supposedly jealous of him being Romo's best buddy and go-to guy. All of it was nothing but 3rd/4th party nonsense(i.e. I've seen more times than not Owens laughing and joking with Witten on the sidelines).

Also - Owens had absolutely nothing to do with that Pittsburgh loss(which started all this brew-ha-ha) - we were up 13-3 in the 4th quarter, until Phillips and Garrett decided to sit on it and play not-to-lose.

I can't understand anyone not being somewhat upset with him right now. He's had a good to very good season but he didn't bother showing up last week. Listen to Belichick's WEEI interview, when asked about Moss' effort last week he just gave a generic answer about how productive Moss has been in NE. He knows the Adalius Thomas would have tried harder last week and Thomas wouldn't have been overly inspired.

I can't understand anyone not being somewhat upset with him right now. He's had a good to very good season but he didn't bother showing up last week. Listen to Belichick's WEEI interview, when asked about Moss' effort last week he just gave a generic answer about how productive Moss has been in NE. He knows the Adalius Thomas would have tried harder last week and Thomas wouldn't have been overly inspired.

He was blocking, he was taking 2 defenders out of every play, he opened up things for Welker and Watson to have productive days. How this is classified as "not showing up" is beyond me. It wasn't a great game by him but he still had a positive impact on the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes