PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why no love for Bill 'o Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget it, Andy's Always Right

This was Brady orchestrating a 2 minute drive to perfection.

I agree. Enjoy watching this legend play while you can. He is truly a master of his craft. :rocker:

Well, if the Pats are going to throw, I would prefer they have 2 TEs in there, if the 4th and 5th wideouts are who...Ocho and slater or Price. Unless you are saying, split others wide, such as one or more TE or RB out there.

Well, unfortunately, Edelman wasn't available and Woodhead was limited. That means that BJGE was getting used out wide a fair amount, and that's not a look I think we want to see much of. As for having Johnson and Price out there, I don't really see that as a problem, because the Cowboys secondary really sucks, and I think the bottom of the group mismatches would have been wildly favorable for the Patriots.

Brady made a poor throw. He is not infallible. It happens. Now grow up.

His arm was hit while throwing. Once again WATCH THE PLAY.

Pointless.
No that IS the point. Your argument is they moved the ball so it was a good game plan, and the fact is they moved the ball BETTER when they threw more.

So he was effective as was Green-Ellis.
One nice run and 'effective' are far from the same thing.

That is impressive against a run D that was giving up 69.6 yards per game. Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word impressive.
Perhaps you should. How EFFECTIVE 101 yards is has nothing to do with what the other 4 teams did.
The EFFECTIVENESS of a running game is not changed by whether other teams were effective.
Perhaps it was more effective than you expected. But your expectations are irrelevant.

In your opinion, which is generally accepted to be incorrect.
Coming from you, that would be a complement. I consider you disagreeing with me as evidence I am right, given your track record.
Not to meniton this had nothing to do with opinion.
You said HE COULD DO WHATEVER HE WANTED.
I simply pointed out he probably wanted some runs longer than 9 yards, and an average better than 4.1. If you think that is BJGEs idea of ultimate success, please explain.

The fact that you would post this illustrates that you simply don't get it.
You are using 'take what they give you' as proof that what you want them to do is correct, and in fact, it is proof of nothing.

Yesterday, the Patriots clearly established dominance in the run game.
You are joking right? 101 yards and 4.1 per carry is dominance to you? There appears to be little point in discussing this with you because you either have zero intellectual integrity or zero intellect. Which is it?

I'm fairly certain I outlined to you that I am happy for Brady to have the ball in his hands just as I am to take what was given, and yesterday that was the running game.
If the running game was what was given, running more would have meant they would have run better, and not had their worst offensive day of the season. Again you have nothing resembling a fact to back up your opinion.

How is supporting a factual argument as weak on the basis that the Patriots had a red zone fumble and an interception at the Dallas 26, taking at minimum 3-6 points off the board.
Your argument is weak and using 'coulda been points' to support it even weaker.
So you are saying 20 points is better than 30+ because they could have scored 23 to 26?

That was a much improved defensive performance yesterday. I am glad we agree.
And it was needed or we lose.

I consider two turnovers inside the Dallas 30 as opportunities to score. You may not, I do.
Opportunities to score while scoring less points is not better than scoring more points.

I have no qualms with a true statement that you can run or pass too much. Who would?

Yesterday was not an over reliance on the running game. The running game was effective. The passing game was reasonable and effective too.
If you are happy scoring 20 points after 13 straight games over 30, then this would be accurate. I'm not. I'm surprised you are. I didn't know "effective" was a better alternative than excellent.

I never said I had an issue with the passing or running games yesterday did I? The Patriots scored 20 points in spite of 3 offensive turnovers and moved the ball on the Cowboys defense through the run and pass reasonably well. I thought our running game was effective and could have been used a little more, for what it offers our passing game.
This was the worst offensive performance of the season. For some reason you are trying to describe it as the best.

Not at all. I would readily change my opinion if facts were used to refute it.
The fact that he hasn't done that. Why would I change my mind for no reason?

The thing about AJ is that he's likely associated with the Patriots somehow. Look at his posting history, he's the biggest kook-aid drinker ever, never says a bad thing about the team and always defends it against multiple people. Maybe a PR person or something.
Interestingly, I am the one here disagreeing with what the team did, yet you find this place to post that opinion?
I accept that I agree with BB as much or more than anyone. Considering the results, that doesn't make me a koolaid drinker, it makes me right more than people who disagree with his philosophy.
I rarely pick apart individual decisions, but agree or disagree with the big picutre philosophy.
I will accept your complement.

Also, I don't know how 32 passes and 26 rushes constitutes a "very, very run heavy" offense.
It is based upon the more successful first 5 games of offense.

As for O'Brien, I don't care what happens in the regular season. Tom Brady and Belichick would make any OC look above average. It's similar for Peyton Manning, he would make any OC look above average if he played a whole season. Every playoff game O'Brien has coached has been an offensive disaster so far, so I'm not anointing O'Brien anything until he actually wins a playoff game.
Last years playoff game was not an offensive disaster.

His arm was hit while throwing. Once again WATCH THE PLAY.
He made a poor throw on the back of a poor decision. Naturally, you're right and everybody who has supported that Brady made a poor decision with that throw is wrong right?

Just give up and save yourself further embarrassment.

No that IS the point. Your argument is they moved the ball so it was a good game plan, and the fact is they moved the ball BETTER when they threw more.
This is an irrelevant point. The Patriots moved the ball effectively through both facets of offensive play. It seems you're simply too stupid to understand that.

One nice run and 'effective' are far from the same thing.

Perhaps you should. How EFFECTIVE 101 yards is has nothing to do with what the other 4 teams did.
The EFFECTIVENESS of a running game is not changed by whether other teams were effective.
Perhaps it was more effective than you expected. But your expectations are irrelevant.
I've tied these two points together because both illustrate your general stupidity. When a team gives up over 30 yards more than their average performance in the running game, to a pass first offense that committed 3 turnovers, a smart person looks at that and says that's impressive.

Coming from you, that would be a complement. I consider you disagreeing with me as evidence I am right, given your track record.
Not to meniton this had nothing to do with opinion.
You said HE COULD DO WHATEVER HE WANTED.
I simply pointed out he probably wanted some runs longer than 9 yards, and an average better than 4.1. If you think that is BJGEs idea of ultimate success, please explain.
I'm not surprised you'd think that given I happen to think you're a slow learner of the highest order who despite how many times he's shown he's wrong, still thinks he's right.

You are using 'take what they give you' as proof that what you want them to do is correct, and in fact, it is proof of nothing.
Nonsensical. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that if there's 3 men in the box and the backfield is stacked with DB's, you run the ball. Conversely, if the box is stacked you throw the ball.

Given Brady is masterful and the Patriots appear to have an excellent and well ranked running game in 2011, your opinion is irrelevant.

You are joking right? 101 yards and 4.1 per carry is dominance to you? There appears to be little point in discussing this with you because you either have zero intellectual integrity or zero intellect. Which is it?
Yes, when the opposing run D is giving up 69.6 yards per game and the team rushed for 101 at 4.1 per in spite of 3 offensive turnovers it is.

If the running game was what was given, running more would have meant they would have run better, and not had their worst offensive day of the season. Again you have nothing resembling a fact to back up your opinion.
What the hell does this even mean?

Your argument is weak and using 'coulda been points' to support it even weaker.
So you are saying 20 points is better than 30+ because they could have scored 23 to 26?
30 points is better than 20 points. I find it amusing that you're attempting to say two turnovers inside the Dallas 30 isn't an opportunity to score at the very worst, 2 field goals. Perhaps you're dumber than I give you credit for.

And it was needed or we lose.
Good performance by the D. It was needed.

Opportunities to score while scoring less points is not better than scoring more points.
Perhaps you'd like to blame the offense for blowing two points scoring opportunities then. However, I do agree that points on the board are better than no points. I really have no idea how you even got to this point, further illustrating your stupidity.

If you are happy scoring 20 points after 13 straight games over 30, then this would be accurate. I'm not. I'm surprised you are. I didn't know "effective" was a better alternative than excellent.
I don't care how many points the Patriots score. I'd be happy with a 2-0 win, especially in a Superbowl.

This was the worst offensive performance of the season. For some reason you are trying to describe it as the best.
Stop being a draft fool and put the LSD away. The Jets game was the best offensive performance of the season. I was impressed that the Patriots were able to pull out a win despite a -2 turnover differential and blowing two scoring opportunities inside the Dallas 30. If you were capable of pulling your head out of your arse rather than arguing a point that has been comprehensively thrashed, you would understand that.

Last edited:
Apparently citing statistics and then applying them to offensive performance compared to defensive rankings isn't relevant or factual reflexblue. Go figure.

Last edited:
:eek: Dude, there has got to be a better way to get your point across than turning the thread into an epic to rival the Iliad.

He made a poor throw on the back of a poor decision. Naturally, you're right and everybody who has supported that Brady made a poor decision with that throw is wrong right?

Just give up and save yourself further embarrassment.

This is an irrelevant point. The Patriots moved the ball effectively through both facets of offensive play. It seems you're simply too stupid to understand that.

I've tied these two points together because both illustrate your general stupidity. When a team gives up over 30 yards more than their average performance in the running game, to a pass first offense that committed 3 turnovers, a smart person looks at that and says that's impressive.

I'm not surprised you'd think that given I happen to think you're a slow learner of the highest order who despite how many times he's shown he's wrong, still thinks he's right.

Nonsensical. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that if there's 3 men in the box and the backfield is stacked with DB's, you run the ball. Conversely, if the box is stacked you throw the ball.

Given Brady is masterful and the Patriots appear to have an excellent and well ranked running game in 2011, your opinion is irrelevant.

Yes, when the opposing run D is giving up 69.6 yards per game and the team rushed for 101 at 4.1 per in spite of 3 offensive turnovers it is.

What the hell does this even mean?

30 points is better than 20 points. I find it amusing that you're attempting to say two turnovers inside the Dallas 30 isn't an opportunity to score at the very worst, 2 field goals. Perhaps you're dumber than I give you credit for.

Good performance by the D. It was needed.

Perhaps you'd like to blame the offense for blowing two points scoring opportunities then. However, I do agree that points on the board are better than no points. I really have no idea how you even got to this point, further illustrating your stupidity.

I don't care how many points the Patriots score. I'd be happy with a 2-0 win, especially in a Superbowl.

Stop being a draft fool and put the LSD away. The Jets game was the best offensive performance of the season. I was impressed that the Patriots were able to pull out a win despite a -2 turnover differential and blowing two scoring opportunities inside the Dallas 30. If you were capable of pulling your head out of your arse rather than arguing a point that has been comprehensively thrashed, you would understand that.

Personal attacks and insults are the last ditch effort of someone incapable of arguing their point.
You know you are wrong, I know you are wrong, and you have now proven you are not worthy of having a discussion with.
You should review the rules of the board, becuase you have violated many of them.
I am through with you.

Personal attacks and insults are the last ditch effort of someone incapable of arguing their point.
You know you are wrong, I know you are wrong, and you have now proven you are not worthy of having a discussion with.
You should review the rules of the board, becuase you have violated many of them.
I am through with you.
The last retort of a defeated man. Point the finger and run off crying. As always Andy, a pleasure.

The last retort of a defeated man. Point the finger and run off crying. As always Andy, a pleasure.
As I said, I am done with you, you lack the class to be worth my time. Goodbye.

As I said, I am done with you, you lack the class to be worth my time. Goodbye.
I thought you were done with me two posts ago? Nice to see that your ego writes cheques your opinions can't cash. :p

I thought you were done with me two posts ago? Nice to see that your ego writes cheques your opinions can't cash. :p
Whatever. Why don't you throw some more personal insults at me, they really make you look cool. Dude, you have proven yourself to be a class A jerk. You had no valid argument, and resorted to insults and invalidated yourself as a reasonable person worth talking to. You must be very proud. Go ahead, prove yourself, throw another personal insult at me. After all you can hide behind the internet and not get your face smashed in.

Whatever. Why don't you throw some more personal insults at me, they really make you look cool. Dude, you have proven yourself to be a class A jerk. You had no valid argument, and resorted to insults and invalidated yourself as a reasonable person worth talking to. You must be very proud. Go ahead, prove yourself, throw another personal insult at me. After all you can hide behind the internet and not get your face smashed in.
I thought you were done with me three posts ago. The discussions with you make no difference to me in the course of my daily life other than moving to "heated debate" on a forum. If you want to make that a representation of something greater, that's your prerogative.

If you want to illustrate class, go away without needing to have the last word every time.

Last edited:
I thought you were done with me three posts ago. If you want to illustrate class, go away without needing to have the last word every.
See, I will do what I want to do.
I do not need to illustrate class to the likes of you. I doubt you woulld recognize it.

See, I will do what I want to do.
I do not need to illustrate class to the likes of you. I doubt you woulld recognize it.
How about the performance of Bill O'Brien. The offensive playcalling, balance and general execution has been pretty darn good of late wouldn't you agree?

I appreciate the game plans he's put together and will continue to look forward to them as the season progresses.

Last edited:

I think it's nice that Andy's been able to find a new poster to stalk since I've had him on ignore via Ffvb.

I think it's nice that Andy's been able to find a new poster to stalk since I've had him on ignore via Ffvb.
Who is stalking who?

Well Thread Guy

You did spell his name incorrectly

maybe that's why:p

I like him... He has done well w/ the TE plays.

The guy needs to work on and use screens more IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft