PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why no love for Bill 'o Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoB always has been and always will be a scapegoat of Pats fans. And with so many of the other usual suspects like Meriweather now departed, the village town folks with torches and pitchforks in hand are in need of a new culprit.

Interesting. I thought the problem was too many 2TE sets and not enough 5 wide with 4WR to pressure that terrible Dallas secondary. I thought the Patriots did the Cowboys an incredible favor with the personnel matchups.

The tight ends were VERY effective against Dallas. I think the reason the Pats didnt go to 4/5 WR sets that often is they didn't want Brady to get killed by Demarcus Ware, and we KNOW that Light has a problem with elite speed rushers like him. Plus the 2 TE set allowed us to get two of our most talented receivers on the field at the same time, Gronk and Ahern. Not to mention it's a great formation to run from.

Speaking of the Pats running game, it worked pretty darn well, when they went to it. To get 100+ yards and greater than 4.0 ypc on the ground against a defense that usually gives up under 70, well that's impressive. Honestly I think Brady bailed them out of the fire on the last drive. Turnovers are hard to predict but you've got to blame playcalling for some of that offensive ineffiency as well when everything else seemed to be working pretty good. BoB has some work to do to establish credibility because he is new at his job.

BoB has to share the blame for the loss in the Bills game, and he should get some criticism for nearly blowing the Cowboys game. Is it ALL on him? Of course not. Lack of execution by the players on a few key plays is part of the problem too. But BoB hasn't done anything to deserve the fervid 'defense' that some posters are putting up for him. It really reminds me of the way Maroney was defended constantly over the years. My question, what has he accomplished to deserve it? Nothing yet.

Last edited:
The tight ends were VERY effective against Dallas. I think the reason the Pats didnt go to 4/5 WR sets that often is they didn't want Brady to get killed by Demarcus Ware, and we KNOW that Light has a problem with elite speed rushers like him. Plus the 2 TE set allowed us to get two of our most talented receivers on the field at the same time, Gronk and Ahern. Not to mention it's a great formation to run from.

Speaking of the Pats running game, it worked pretty darn well, when they went to it. To get 100+ yards and greater than 4.0 ypc on the ground against a defense that usually gives up under 70, well that's impressive. Honestly I think Brady bailed them out of the fire on the last drive. Turnovers are hard to predict but you've got to blame playcalling for some of that offensive ineffiency as well when everything else seemed to be working pretty good. BoB has some work to do to establish credibility because he is new at his job.

BoB has to share the blame for the loss in the Bills game, and he should get some criticism for nearly blowing the Cowboys game. Is it ALL on him? Of course not. Lack of execution by the players on a few key plays is part of the problem too. But BoB hasn't done anything to deserve the fervid 'defense' that some posters are putting up for him. It really reminds me of the way Maroney was defended constantly over the years. My question, what has he accomplished to deserve it? Nothing yet.

One way to beat a pass rush is to open up the backfield and make quick hit passes from the shotgun. We've seen it before, and it would probably have worked fine against the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back