PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why NE took Mallet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
How many playoff games have the Pats won since 2007?

Hey Troll most Pat fans like Mallet. Maybe in three or four years he might be playing for Pats but to compare him with Brady one of the greatest of all time just makes you look foolish. Let Mallett complete one TD pass or even one pass in a real game.

I really hope he is the next coming. If he is we have found Brady's replacement in 2015

I wish him the best development ever:)

Folks, he named himself "Skip" because it is what you are to do with his posts.

Hey Troll most Pat fans like Mallet. Maybe in three or four years he might be playing for Pats but to compare him with Brady one of the greatest of all time just makes you look foolish. Let Mallett complete one TD pass or even one pass in a real game.

How many? Please tell me.

I have a grand that says you are wrong

If only I could bet a grand on you being wrong. I'd have about 10 grand in this thread alone.

I doubt you have a grand to bet. Offer stands for you or anyone else that wants to bet. I say the Brady led Pats will not make it to the superbowl this year.

I doubt you have a grand to bet. Offer stands for you or anyone else that wants to bet. I say the Brady led Pats will not make it to the superbowl this year.

I say the bengals won't make it to the SB this year. Whoever gets closest in their prediction wins?

Last edited:
thanks for bringing the math into the discussion, i like it.
you have successfully debunked the myth that developing QBs over time for the value of it is a good strategy. its not.

so, it still comes back to -- was there a player of better value at that moment, right?

Edited: To address the Notion of Mallett The Trade Bait

1 ~ #74 in 2011 = c. a 2012 2nd Rounder.

2 ~ A 2012 2nd Rounder = A 2013 1st Rounder.

3 ~ A 2013 1st Rounder = A 2014 1st Rounder AND a 2013 2nd Rounder.

4 ~ A 2013 2nd + a 2014 1st = TWO 2014 1sts.

5 ~ 2 2014 1st Rounders = 2 2014 2nd Rounders + 2 2015 1st Rounders.

6 ~ 2 2014 2nds + 2 2015 1sts = 4 2015 1sts.

7 ~ 4 2015 1sts = 4 2015 2nds + 4 2016 1sts.

8 ~ 4 2015 2nds + 4 2016 1sts = 8 2016 1st Round Draft Picks.

If we follow the Kelvin Kolb TimeLine and trade Mallett for a 2016 2nd Rounder and a Corner Back...I'm afraid I won't be in a mood to rejoice. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I will be forgiven if I consider such a Return on a 2011 early 3rd Rounder to be...WEAK.
jester.gif

Ughh...look for the bungles,miami,bills,jags and probably some others..i only looked a few forums and all of them had a mallett discussion.

Safe to say some teams are going to be regretting not taking a shot with him.

There are a few posts on the 49er board bemoaning not getting Mallet

There are a few posts on the 49er board bemoaning not getting Mallet

lulz..thnx for a interesting read :)

Makes me feel extra lucky that we have Brady...we have our backup QB's featuring a UDFA and a 3rd round rookie play a decent preseason game and fans from other teams are *****ing over their QBs.

thanks for bringing the math into the discussion, i like it.
you have successfully debunked the myth that developing QBs over time for the value of it is a good strategy. its not.

so, it still comes back to -- was there a player of better value at that moment, right?

Hey BlitzFritz.....can you rush the passer?:singing:

I have a grand that says you are wrong
That's a broad statement to be making on the internet. Fortunately, Monopoly currency isn't recognized as legal tender. What's the over and under on Mallett outright replacing Tom Brady this season and leading the Patriots to a decade of unparalleled success?

mr_monopoly.gif

Last edited:
why are people taking this Skip guy seriously? I mean if you think Mike Vick and A Rod are better than Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan of all people are better than Tom Brady, you should be banned from here. LMAO this guy is either trying to troll or is a really useless tool in the shed

oh man...he FOOLED me...this ain't Skippy...damn..I should have known...it's our favorite ***clown...ZIPPY!!!!

zipcommissclr.gif

If we apply Skip's intelligence with other posts to his assessment of Mallet, then we're definitely ****ed with him as our 3rd QB.

Yes...

You see what I did there.

why are people taking this Skip guy seriously? I mean if you think Mike Vick and A Rod are better than Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan of all people are better than Tom Brady, you should be banned from here. LMAO this guy is either trying to troll or is a really useless tool in the shed

A-Rod may not be better, of course I am talking about the baseball player.

That's a broad statement to be making on the internet. Fortunately, Monopoly currency isn't recognized as legal tender. What's the over and under on Mallett outright replacing Tom Brady this season and leading the Patriots to a decade of unparalleled success?

mr_monopoly.gif

Mallett ill be the starter in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case