PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does the NFL suck so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was sometimes brutal to watch the Pats passing attack last year.

It is just me or has the NFL just plain sucked.

There's always been crappy inept teams and blown calls, going way back to whenever.

That said, we've gone through a stretch of a few national games that have been particularly bothersome, due to either extremely poor or wildly inconsistent execution, and/or crappy refereeing.

Maybe the 2nd half collapses we've seen lately make more NFL teams seem inept.

The London game was absolutely awful. Manning's 6 picks, Adam's shanked kicks, the Romo picks game and the huge blown lead, crappy officiating in the Pats and Colts games. It does seem particularly bad with the calls lately.

Let's hope execution and officiating migrates to more consistent levels.

I agree, tho. I've found myself consistently laughing my ass off at several of the games I've watched this year.

Last edited:
You are lucky to see 2 games in a weekend? I suggest that there are many more fans watching many more games on free TV than 25 years ago. Your apparent choice of not paying for ESPN is just that, your choice.

I have ESPN. They do a Sunday morning pre-game show but have no NFL games on the weekend. Lately it's been CBS and Fox each with a game on Sun at 1. And then a late game on NBC.

The NFL is the best sport in the leauge... Nothing comes close

Im having a new old found love for the NBA , only because Im a Celtics fan and its been a while...

But for me nothing compares to the NFL.. I think the leauge is not on par with our team , but who cares ... Its still better than the following

1 Watch 180 games of bordem, and then here it talked to no end on sports radio

2 Watching cars go round n round in a circle...

3 Follow a game that has no buisness being a tv, but is a great event to see live if you have nothing to do... That would be Hockey...

For me its
NFL everything else is a distant second..
NBA
Ncaa football
Ncaa basketball
Golf...

Teams suck for different reasons. I think that we can all agree that the Bruins are not going to be a consistant winner, until Jacobs is run out of town on a rail!!!

Some NFL teams are like that, the owners either are a) too greedy, or b) too controlling to run a good program. I think the baest thing that every happened to Kraft was losing Parcells, it showed him that in order to win, he must let the football people make the football decisions and stay out of it. Jerry Jones actually played football, so he gets away with it, but other times it comes back to bite him in the ass. Ralph Wilson is too old, and his family is too tight with the money to field a consistant winner. Remember that teams don't only have to pay the salaries, the number of coaches, scouts, and imenities also greatly influences winning. I'm sure the old Pats loved walking a mile to their practice fields.

Lastly I think the lack of good NFL style QBs is hurting the league, the spread offense or the "run and gun" is permeating college football at every level, and the result is the Troy Smiths of the world, great player, and great college QBs, but totally unprepared and unskilled in the Pro game. USC runs a drop back Pro style offense, that is why so many of their recent QBs have done well in the NFL. This is why Matt Ryan will most likely go in the top five next year. Teams are desperate for a drop back passer. If you look this is why the Derek Anderson, Tony Romo, Rothelisbergers (all small school, drop back passers) are becoming much better NFL QBs than the Troy SMith, Vince Youngs of the world.

Sometimes there are some pretty bad mismatches but, football has always been that way. My issues with the NFL are that it has become WAAAYYYY to money hungry at the expense of losing fans and TV viewers. I have basic cable and I'm lucky to see 2 games in a weekend. And instead of spending time to correct the issue with THE HORRENDOUS OFFICIATING they spend their time cruising YouTube forcing them to take down any NFL footage that shows just how bad the officiating is. I know because they did it to me and YT closed my account. Yet all the 1000s of yay my team (mostly Steelers and Colts) ball-washing videos remain there. Some over a year now.
I agree th eofficials are poor...and the NFL does not want to show it..maybe what is needed is a site devoted to the BAD calls made...because EVERY team is hit by them..some more than others..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back