PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you hate the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatred is the biggest form of flattery.. thanks guys! Your making me blush :p

There are a multitude of reasons I can't stand the Colts..

1) Peyton Manning - This guy has an ego the size of the Himalayas.. I am surprised he can actually get into a football stadium. Seriously. He's been contradicting coaches for years with his "I know more than you" attitude and it cost the Colts more important games than I can count. Yes, he's good, but he's also had many benefits that other excellent QBs haven't. Like having 2 ALL PRO WRs for numerous years. Not having his coaching staff pillaged every 3 years. Etc. Etc.

2) The fact that Manning's father has made it a point to get Manning's face plastered all over everything that deals with the NFL. From Gatorade to DirecTV to the Sony Bravias.

3) All the help that the Colts get from the refs. Sorry, but people who have claimed that the Pats get all the breaks have NEVER watched a Colts game.

4) The Media - People claim that Brady is the media darling clearly ignore all the hoopla Manning gets. And its far more than Brady. Brady plays it very low key and doesn't go out of his way to tell the media he's doing things, such as the soup kitchen volunteering he did in December. Manning, on the other hand, basically hands out an itinerary so people know if he's doing something to help others so he gets a "good guy" image.

5) Bill Polian - Any GM who wishes injury on a player should be fired. Particularly when its down in a Press Box full of reporters. Polian has gotten into more than a few scuffles and nothing happens. He's made inflammatory comments that make what the Titans owner did look minor. Then there is all the things with the Competition Committee. Colts fans will be quick to point out that Polian is only one of 8 people on it, but my retort is that Polian has more than a few friends on that Committee. One of which is Jeff Fisher. You know. The guy who entered into a Gentleman's agreement with Tony Dungy a couple years ago and colluded to keep the Browns out of the Play-offs, while letting the Titans in.

To me, the Colts = the snobs of the NFL.

After the whuppings they've put on us recently, I think we should all just shut the **** up about "hating" the Colts, admit they have our number right now and start trash talking again after we earn back respect where it counts, on the field.

My hat is off to a team I really don't like very much. :mad:

After the whuppings they've put on us recently, I think we should all just shut the **** up about "hating" the Colts, admit they have our number right now and start trash talking again after we earn back respect where it counts, on the field.

My hat is off to a team I really don't like very much. :mad:

Umm.. I don't consider them "whuppings" when the Refs play such a big part in ensuring the Colts win over the Pats.. Patricularly in 3 of the last 4 meetings.

Unfortunately, you're right (see my post immediately above this one).

As someone who relishes the jealousy that's been directed at the Pats for the last eight years or so and who has learned to "embrace the hate," I can't bring myself to honor the Colts with "hatred."

I don't like your team very much because I thought Dungy was sanctimonious and "holier than thou" and I just don't "get" Peyton's shtick (spoken like a New Yorker, I know), but my hat is off to you guys now. Hopefully, I'll be able to put it back on sometime soon.

Umm.. I don't consider them "whuppings" when the Refs play such a big part in ensuring the Colts win over the Pats.. Patricularly in 3 of the last 4 meetings.

oh, let's cut out the whining. they beat us. the officials didn't make us blow a 17 point lead on Sunday night.

You're an idiot. Read through the REASONS why we hate your team. They have nothing to do with respect and certainly aren't things you should be proud of.

You're an idiot. Read through the REASONS why we hate your team. They have nothing to do with respect and certainly aren't things you should be proud of.

Maybe you should put your reading glasses on as well, look just a couple posts above this one. No need for the attitude buddy.

a lot of these reasons are all based off opinions and YOUR views of our franchise, when boths sides of the story arent covered, so I take any opinions with a grain of salt. My views are obviously different...

I see Brady as a goat hugging, shirtless, cologne wearing GQ model pretty boy more so than a football player... but thats my opinion, im sure you think of him otherwise.. point proven, get real.

Last edited:

usually colt fans will tune you out if you try to tell them about how they get so many breaks with the officiating and how its tied in with bill polian being on the competition committee. Pushing to change rules about the defensive backs only given a 5 yard cushion to touch a wr just to benifet their style of play. all the times the crooked officiating that they get. they can't handle that! I really believe that they were part of the spygate scandal trying to say things to the media to hype it up. Saint Dungy made cheap comments that were unnecessary at the time during spygate. and how he accused of Belichick being cold during a handshake after a game. People don't see Belichick for who he really is, a sincere person who respects the game of football more than anybody. HE never attacked Dungy in the media once throughout all of this even though some might think he would have a reason to. but no they will just respond with the ever so articulate "their cheaters" or "bill belicheat" something really stupid like that.

usually colt fans will tune you out if you try to tell them about how they get so many breaks with the officiating and how its tied in with bill polian being on the competition committee. Pushing to change rules about the defensive backs only given a 5 yard cushion to touch a wr just to benifet their style of play. all the times the crooked officiating that they get. they can't handle that! I really believe that they were part of the spygate scandal trying to say things to the media to hype it up. Saint Dungy made cheap comments that were unnecessary at the time during spygate. and how he accused of Belichick being cold during a handshake after a game. People don't see Belichick for who he really is, a sincere person who respects the game of football more than anybody. HE never attacked Dungy in the media once throughout all of this even though some might think he would have a reason to. but no they will just respond with the ever so articulate "their cheaters" or "bill belicheat" something really stupid like that.

I'm as loyal a Pats fan as you will find on this board or anywhere, but I have no problem with a team aggressively trying to get whatever advantage it can, be it through politicking on the Competition Committee or any of the dozens of things that Coaches, Players and Management can do on and off the field, during the season and in the offseason. It's all part of the game and every team has to look out for its own interests at all times. I defend Belichick's decisions leading up to Spygate on the grounds that he was being as aggressive as he could in interpreting the League's sideline video guidelines. He probably pushed it too far, but so what? Those who whine about it should suck it up and deal with it. He manned up and paid his fine, "straight cash, homey."

Shame on us if we let Polian slip a rule change through that favored the Colts. Conversely, there are many in the league who resent the "Brady Rule" on QB hits. Do I care that it bothers them? Not a bit. And I don't expect Polian to lose any sleep over the fact that I don't like how he tried to impact the rules.

And, I'm afraid I just don't buy into the "crooked officiating" thing. If the officials were crooked, we wouldn't have three Lombardi's. If anything, others in the league feel WE get too many breaks (going back to the tuck call and up to the latest whining about Roughing Calls for Brady hits). Do I care about that? Not a bit. As far as I can see, we get our share of calls and we lose our share of calls.

I don't like Tony Dungy's personality or his sanctimonious approach to life. I doubt he's losing any sleep over that, but I don't care. A lot of folks don't like Belichick's approach to the media and his opponents. Do I give a hoot? Not at all.

In other words, let's just treat this game the way the Krafts and Belichick and Isray and Dungy treat it. Everyone's out for themselves and no one's gonna change their personalities or approach just because others don't like what they're doing.

The NFL on and off the field is a tough competitive business. The Colts and Pats are two of the toughest competitors on and off the field. I have no problem with that. It's a business.

I see Brady as a goat hugging, shirtless, cologne wearing GQ model pretty boy more so than a football player... but thats my opinion ...

Shows how much you know about football, idiot. As much as I dislike your boy Peyton -- the dumb commercials, throwing teammates and coaches under the bus, etc., etc. -- I respect his ability and performance as a player. I speak for everyone here. You're just a stupid troll.

Last edited:
MVP is not the same as best QB, though, so who gives a rat's ass?

The number of SB rings is not the same as best QB, though, so who gives a rat's ass?

MVP = Most Valuable Player.....don't you forget the meaning behind the intials M.V.P.

Last Sunday night pretty much wrapped up the GOAT's 4th MVP.

I am LOVING all of this hate:)

and the fact that we OWN the Patriots these days

The number of SB rings is not the same as best QB, though, so who gives a rat's ass?

MVP = Most Valuable Player.....don't you forget the meaning behind the intials M.V.P.

Last Sunday night pretty much wrapped up the GOAT's 4th MVP.

:rolleyes: Take it he's well acquainted with quite a few goats as well.

Shows how much you know about football, idiot. As much as I dislike your boy Peyton -- the dumb commercials, throwing teammates and coaches under the bus, etc., etc. -- I respect his ability and performance as a player. I speak for everyone here. You're just a stupid troll.

Well this just is not true. Go look at any of my others posts, and you wont see one trolling comment...a little homer love for my team, of course, but nothing to instigate arguments or rowl up the boards, its all in fun. You just took what i said out of context, it was a pure example of how other teams fans can view your team, and its obviously completely different than your perspective....I.E. your perspective of the Colts is completely different than mine, and we can agree on that point at least.

YOU sir are acting like a troll, with the name calling and bashing here, theres no need to get personal, im just talking football... and if you cant do so in a civil manner, than i really dont see the need to post... I havent disrespected you, theres no need to disrespect me.

thanks.

YOU sir are acting like a troll, with the name calling and bashing here, theres no need to get personal, im just talking football...

You mean, like what you said below? :rolleyes:

I see Brady as a goat hugging, shirtless, cologne wearing GQ model pretty boy more so than a football player... but thats my opinion ...

I hope Peyton wins his 4th MVP this season. he's never won a super bowl when he's won the award and watching him disappear in the wildcard game against the 31st ranked pass defense last year was epic.

Last edited:
as for Colts fans calling manning the greatest of all time, that just shows your football ignorance. he's not the best QB of all time, he's not even the best QB in Colts' history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST