PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you hate the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I will never understand is how people came to think that Tom Brady is arrogant. Really, where did that come from? I just can't figure it out.

You have to realize that post-season comes and goes so quickly for Colts fans, so the regular season is much more important to them

I don't hate the Colts. Just another team. Not even a division team. No more or less important to me than any other good conference team outside our division. Often when we play them, there's a sense that it might be important for home field in the playoffs, but other than that, it's just one of the 10 non-division games on the schedule for me that you circle as a tough game.

I think about 80 percent of this board is obsessed with whether Tom Brady or Bill Belichick or the team in general gets enough respect or is unfairly maligned. I guess if that's one's M.O. the Colts goody two-shoes image might be annoying.

I don't care much.

For those of you who say you don't hate the Colts, perhaps this will change you minds.

polianshowheader_08.gif

Can you see BB doing something called The Bill Belichick Show?:D

For those of you who say you don't hate the Colts, perhaps this will change you minds.

polianshowheader_08.gif

Can you see BB doing something called The Bill Belichick Show?:D

So by your logic we should hate every show with a name in it. Please man, that is just stretching.

(Quote)

To me and 90% of the sportsworld, The Colts represent everything that is good in the NFL. You never hear of any of our players convicted of drug abuse, Shootings and beating up their Wives....Remember....Thats CONVICTED.

Greetings,
You would be surprised what many athletes/celebraties have done that has gone unreported. And it would be very foolish to think the Colts are nothing but choir boys who do nothing wrong. I do not know if YOU know this but money and power can hide a lot of things under the rug. BTW. wasn't Harrison involved in a shooting once?
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Last edited:
Because of all the Manning hype. Especially here in Tennessee, all you ever hear is how much better he is than Brady. In addition, whenever the Titans are mediocre (i.e. 2-7) it seems that a vast majority of fans make the migration towards Indianapolis. :cool:

Greetings,
You live close to where I do, and I can clearly relate to what you are talking about. I have been living down here for a long time and can tell you most Colts fans down here did not like them until Manning joined.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Last edited:
[Quote = Colts homer]To me and 90% of the sportsworld, The Colts represent everything that is good in the NFL. You never hear of any of our players convicted of drug abuse, Shootings and beating up their Wives....[/QUOTE]

Give me a break,

Dominic Rhodes, DUI, pees on a Cop, you bring him back.

Ed Johnson, heavy drug user in college, you sign him anyway, relapses, you cut him, then you sign him AGAIN because you think you need him no matter what, then cut him again...

Marvin Harrison, yeah, be his buddy as long as you got bulletproof gear to stand up to his cop-killer arsenal

Peyton... just google Jamie Anne Naughright. No convictions, but three 6-figure cash settlements

you cheer for the laundry and couldn't care less what these guys do in the spare time.

You thought Ed Johnson was a choir boy when Indy signed him (drugs? not our guy!). Then you thought he was the devil when Indy cut him. Then you thought he was an angel when Indy re-signed him , since you drink the kool-aid. Now he's the devil again. Until Polian signs him again, then you would say the Colts were great to give him yet another chance.

Last edited:
So by your logic we should hate every show with a name in it. Please man, that is just stretching.

It is also stretching coming to another board without any sense of humor.

You need to take a rest from this thread.

Any team that would skip town on it's fans deserves no respect ever. I don't care how well the Colts play or how respected it's players are, they are still the sleez ball team of the NFL!!!

Any team that would skip town on it's fans deserves no respect ever. I don't care how well the Colts play or how respected it's players are, they are still the sleez ball team of the NFL!!!

Is your memory that long?

1.) The Patriots were going to "skip town"

2.) The City of Baltimore was threatening to steal the Colts via eminent domain. The city did, in fact, file an eminent domain lawsuit against the Colts, Irsay had already gotten away.

Irsay was certainly no saint, but people should probably learn both sides of the story before spouting off.

Last edited:
I hate their GM crying to the refs. I hate watching Manning throw his hands up in the air every time he doesn't like something.

You're right!

3MVP's > 1MVP

:confused::rolleyes:

You must understand 4's origins........ his name revolves around 1 SB MVP for Peyton and 3 regular season MVP's.

Poor guy doesn't know that the Superbowl is the only thing that counts.

The Superbowl is everything and Tom Brady and the Patriots have 3.

i guess i hate the colts because they are so much better than we are. Their players aren't felons like Randy Moss. Also their coach wears his clothes without cutting the sleeves up - like a 4th grader. I guess I also hate the colts because even with their banged up defense - their coach still believes in their "D" - unlike Edward Scissorsleeves. I also hate that they own us now - what is this 5 of 6 (or worse?) i hate that when we do beat them, they aren't sore sports like our coach - the cheater. I hate that they are perfect 9-0 -and are going to break our regular season win streak total.

That isn't all though....
I hate the winters in MA also.
And my job here sucks in Worchster....its depressing and gray. And I hate my boss - I want to hurt him...bad. I hate my nagging chick...sometimes i have real horrible thoughts on what I might do if she doesn't stop nagging me. Mostly though I hate myself and my stupid Pats Jersey that I wear around, like I play for the team. Ever since the factory accident, I walk funny and sometimes I see children laugh at me..I hate that the most. I'm going to Walmart to get some ammo....

At the end of the day I simply do not and will never respect a dome based team. Football is a sport that was designed to be played in the elements. If its a great day then you play in great weather, if its lousy then you play in lousy weather. That's part of the games and it's part of the inherent toughness of the sport. That goes for the fans as well as the players. I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing how Peyton is the greatest quarterback since they decided to make the ball oval when he has blowed throughout his entire career in anyting but perfect conditions. The Colts strategy every year is the same, get the no1 seed and play home because they know what happens when Peyton has to play real football in January.

Last edited:
I hate them even more now.
The travesties of officiating are never more evident than when the Colts play.
The NFL tried it's best to give Indy a SB title with the horrible officiating in the Steeler's game, and all Seyton could do was throw his o-line to the dogs.

They came back in 2006, and when the depleted Pats had a SB appearance in their grasp, the dirty little refs decided it was time to get Seyton some offense, and out came the flags. Curiously none for the Pats though.

Then in 2008, surely they wouldn't have to help against the backup QB led Chargers? Well, they were wrong, but they did their best throwing one of the most phantom PI flags of all time to help Indy get a TD late in the 4th.

Now 2009, a game that didn't have many flags thrown all day, and suddenly a 31yd PI call comes out of nowhere late in the 4th to get Indy right back in the game. Then, it must have been the heat of the dome taking it's toll, when the final egregious error would be made when Kevin faulk was ruled down where he landed and not where he caught the ball, thus giving Indy 1 more chance to win.

#1 their fans. Living here has added to my disdain for them.

#2 why is it that when they win a close game or come back from behind it is always because of some huge lucky break that has nothing to do with them?

#3 I hate them because I can

#4 I love it that whenever we walk by someone with a colts shirt on my 6 year old daughter says out loud "ewww daddy, look, that person is wearing colts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back