PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you hate the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tissue.jpg

I really hate giving props to an oppo poster, but you get them from me for that one.

(We'll still beat you in a rematch though.)

I used to hate the Colts because of Peyton, Polian, and Dungy. Now just mainly Peyton. I admit the guy is great, but I think him and Brady are about even, with Brady getting the nod because of 14-3 vs. 7-8 and 26-12 TD/INT over 22-17. I also get sick of the "Wow, he calls his own plays"...then when he does something wrong, it's the team's fault, not his. Not to mention his annoying mannerisms on the field...his butt-ugly face, and his ability to get away with anything in the media (throwing his O-line under the bus against the Steelers and teabagging a nurse.)

Because they exist :cool:

I think most of my reasons for my hatred of the Colts have been mentioned here. I would also, however, like to add Manning's face. His brother's bs draft day crybaby nonsense. I get a lot of joy in the individual play of Phillip Rivers this season (who I hate) vs. Eli in retrospect of that draft. Their Dad. When I am watching the Pats or one of the better games on Sunday waiting for the Pats and I see a "Manning stained" commercial, I want to kick a puppy. I hate also the Colts' uniforms, their field which is more homer slanted that small town Texas High Schools, and lastly Freeny doing his monosalavic sunday night player intros in that mo******cking Yankees cap, ARRRRRGHH!!:mad:

A good bump for today...

hate them for quitting,
for Bill Polian,
for smug holier-than-thou ex-coach Tony Dungy,
for Peyton hawking every product under the sun with his aw-shucks Gomer Pyle routine...

Hold on to that.. you'll need it for the playoffs, for the annual Manning choke.

Hmmm...didn't happen this year.

This was a good bump.

I don't hate the Colts: I don't like them because of their habit of beating the Pats recently, but they're a sports team, that's what they're supposed to do. That said, Brady is still a better QB than Manning.

INDOORS
Brady: 13 games, 98.7 rating, 66.5% completion, 252 YPG, 31 attempts/game, 1.92 TD/game, 1 INT/game
Manning:104 games, 100.4 rating, 65.6% completion, 260 YPG, 33 attempts/game, 2.11 TD/game, 0.86 INT/game

OUTDOORS:
Brady: 116 games, 92.8 rating, 63.0% completion, 237.6 YPG, 33 attempts/game, 1.72 TD/game, 0.74 INT/game
Manning: 88 games: 89.6 rating, 63.9% completion, 262.2 YPG, 35 attempts/game, 1.65 TD/game, 1.03 INT/game

WINDY:
Brady: 46 games, 93.6 rating, 62.3% completion, 229.3 YPG, 32 attempts/game, 1.80 TD/game, 0.70 INT/game
Manning: 28 games, 83.4 rating, 62.8% completion, 236.5 YPG, 34 attempts/game, 1.35 TD/game, 1.04 INT/game

IN PRECIPITATION:
Brady: 12 games, 92.2 rating, 62.4% completion, 244.3 YPG, 32 attempts/game, 1.16 TD/game, 0.42 INT/game
Manning: 8 games, 83.8 rating, 64.8% completion, 256.1 YPG, 36 attempts/game, 1.37 TD/game, 1.25 INT/game

COLD (21-40 degrees)
Brady: 30 games, 91.9 rating, 62.2% completion, 233.4 YPG, 32 attempts/game, 1.67 TD/game, 0.70 INT/game
Manning: 10 games, 86.9 rating, 61.3% completion, 247.2 YPG, 32 attempts/game, 1.40 TD/game, 1.00 INT/game

FRIGID (<21 degrees; obviously this is a useless stat, but eh)
Brady: 0 games
Manning: 1 game, 65.5 rating, 77.8% completion, 95 YPG, 18 attempts/game, 0.00 TD/game, 1.00 INT/game

Ultimately, the one thing that you can say for Manning, as opposed to Brady, is that he gets to play in a dome, and therefore his stats are inflated. In every non-dome condition, Brady is a superior QB. Manning was better this year, because Brady wasn't 100%, but Brady at his best is better than Manning at his best, and Brady at his 'average' is better than Manning at his 'average'.

Last edited:
our biggest rival, and they have our number these days. Frankly, they are a better team than us and it pisses me off.

I must have been pretty pissed off about something (other than the game) when this thread was going on. I come off as extremely angry in this thing. :eek:

I must have been pretty pissed off about something (other than the game) when this thread was going on. I come off as extremely angry in this thing. :eek:

Well... it worked, didn't it?

I hate them because of the way we lost the 06 championship. I was celebrating at half time. I HATE THEM 4LIFE after that. We would have beaten the bears, but i digress.

I despise the Colts.

1. They used to lose and complain that the better team didn't win, from Marvin Harrison to Marcus Pollard to a host of others, they would take credit away from the Patriots.

2. Because Bill Polian insisted that the game be played in a way that gave his team an advantage.

3. Because the vast majority of Indyfans would never give Brady credit.

4. Because writers gave Manning credit for stats alone and named him MVP, and now that we hear his play is deserving of MVP, though other QBs have better statistics (for the record, I agree he was the MVP this year, but the argument for it invalidates the prior arguments for giving him the MVP).

5. (or 4a.) People credit Manning as a better QB than Brady for all his MVPs, and yet Manning won those MVPs in year's that he absolutely choked in the playoffs. It was astounding to see a 12-4 Colts team be FAVORED in a game AT Foxboro against the 14-2 Patriots. Amazing. And Brady that year broke the NFL record for completions in a Super Bowl (33), threw for 350+ yards and 3 TDs, while leading his team to 2 big 4th quarter drives to go ahead and tie (including a 2 point conversion), and all the while his running game was puttering, his defense was giving up 29 points in 32 minutes and 325+ yards to Jake DelHomme through the air. And yet Manning got MVP that year, so how relevant is that?

6. Because Bill Polian was trying for the regular season win streak record when he didn't have the balls to go for the undefeated season.

7. Because Peyton Manning has a squeaky clean image though he once planted his taint on a trainer's face while she was rubbing down his legs.

8. Because Peyton is a whiner who turtles in big situations.

9. Because the media pitted the saintly quiet strength of Dungy against the dark nefarious negative energy of Belichick.

10. Because the Colts hate their coach! (Oh wait!)

11. Because two Super Bowls for the Colts is better than four Super Bowls for the Patriots.

12. Because Dungy weighed in on Spygate and blasted Belichick.

13. Because of a series of patently BS referee calls in the 2006 AFCCG that were clearly influenced by Polian's position on the competition committee.

Don't ask me to go on, because I can.

Why I like the Colts:

Sometimes when I'm "glum" I just think of Peyton and his brother feigning cunnilingus (can I say that here?) during an Oreo commercial, and I laugh.

I feel bad for the Mrs. Mannings because clearly both brothers need a lot of practice (and I know that Tom Brady got a laugh over that one, a commercial that was 100x worse than holding a baby goat).

I hate that they always get the mysterious PI call that sets up the winning TD.

manningfriendsac8.jpg

I hate that Peyton Manning is a whiny b****

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/401/****2ev2.jpg

And then there's their fans

fanlaughcoltsvn3.jpg

Last edited:
I hate them for most of the reasons already given.

They also look stupid when they run. I don't know if it's their socks or what but

God they're stupid looking!

Let's see...

1. Peyton Manning gets passes on this such as "begging for calls" when Brady gets thrown under the bus for it by fans and media alike.

2. Bill Polian and his rule changes when his team lost big games.

3. A lot of douchebag fantasy football idiots root for the Colts just because they have a boner for Manning.

4. The Colts are generally looked at as the "good guys" of the NFL. Why? Because Manning has funny commercials? Give me a f'n break.

5. Their fans are complete *******s, for the most part (there are quite a few good ones, though, and some of them post on here). Quick to call the Pats cheaters when it's been proven that they've piped in crowd noise in the stadium in 2007 when the Pats offense was on the field. It's also a fact that members of Tony Dungy's staff introduced Jimmy Johnson to the same video taping practices that the Pats got caught for. Funny how Colts fans never want to acknowledge that.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll be back with more.

That's an outright lie. You show me the "proof" that the Colts piped in noise.

I was at that game, nobody heard the skipping that was on the TV broadcast. You couldn't hear anything because the stadium was too loud.

More importantly you don't hear it on the radio broadcast. Not even the NE radio broadcast. Now, it seems to me, if that was coming from the stadium and not CBS (as CBS said themselves) then why is not on any of the radio broadcasts of the game?

I know you guys like to smear the Colts, but to say it's been "proven" there was piped in noise?

So lets see the proof Kon.

Last edited:
1. Because they're a threat
2. Polian/Dungy and their excuses
3. Bad exp with fans

Other than that I don't really dislike any of their players or anything else about the team. I admire how they've built such a great team purely through draft, no big name FA's or trades. I don't mind Manning at all even though I'll root against him vs anyone but Pittsburgh

IMO, I think any Pats fan should have an, at the very least, small amount of hatred in their heart for the Colts. Not only have they been one of our biggest rivals this decade, but they also used to be division foes. That's also part of the reason why I hate them.

I hate them because the media seems intent on overrating them in relation to the Patriots. I do not know why, but they do.
Dungy is inproperly made out to have the greatest character of any living man.
It took until yesterday when Tom Curran pointed out that the Patriots have won more games this decade after I heard at least 100 different times the Colts won more games, because the postseason was ignored.
The media tries very hard to hand the win today to the Colts so they can somehow stretch and say 2 is better than 3.
Polian is a jerk, with a grudge against the Pats, also.
Basically it seems that the media prays that they can call the Colts better than the Patriots, they seem to love the Colts, and hate the Pats.
The only real problem I have with that is it creates a distortion of the facts, and you end up with morons like Felger making a comments such as "The only thing Brady has on Manning is 3 rings to 1" as if that were a small part of the equation instead of the most important part.

I used to hate the Colts because their finesse style of football made their overrating insulting (i.e. the media acting as if finesse was better) but they really have moved away from the finesse style and developed some toughness,

I hate them for the same reason I hate the Yankmees, Fakers, and the Habs.
It's a Boston thang. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference