PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why didn't BB challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame the refs on that. I blame the rules committee for not including language for plays inside the one that don't score as part of the auto-review stuff.

This is 1000% right. What blows my mind is that what was painstakingly obvious to every football fan on earth from the first moment of preseason never occurred to the rules committee during their deliberations.

An interesting coincidence: wasn't the rule to review every TD in large part due to that TD that Roethlisberger didn't actually score two years ago?

Related to my last post, who actually saw a replay of the TD before the next play?

It was a screwup by the coaching staff. They should have challenged it immediately.

In that situation the time lost thoroughly outweighed the potential loss of a TO. And because we were in hurry up mode and appeared to be intent on running the next play there simply wasn't going to be a replay prior to the next snap.

As it turns out it just underscored the fact that the whole team including coaching staff wasn't executing well or particularly well prepared let alone for some wrinkles coming off the bye.

Found it interesting that the announcers/tv crew did not pick it up until several plays either..

Usually TV is right on top of that stuff..

Is there somewhat of a reliance on what TV chooses to show??

Found it interesting that the announcers/tv crew did not pick it up until several plays either..

Usually TV is right on top of that stuff..

Is there somewhat of a reliance on what TV chooses to show??

They caught it might be worth a review right away, and when they finally saw it they felt it was clearly a TD, but it was the situation that didn't lend itself to timely replay because we were hurrying up to the line to get another play off...cut away for a replay and you risk missing the live shot. Bill just needed to toss the flag, he's tossed it for much less without benefit of replay.

It was a screwup by the coaching staff. They should have challenged it immediately.

Agreed! Another element to this team that has me concerned, a coaching staff that is wanting in several areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes