PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Are We Suiting Up Only One TE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo.

BB has been coaching a long time. The current two TE plan has been around for...what, a season and 1/9th? Who was the second TE in the days of Ben Coates? Russ Francis? John Mackey? Mike Ditka?

I love the 2 TE set for the Pats. And, I am sure it wasn't easy making the personnel decisions, i.e., letting Dan Gronk go. But, it probably took BB all of about 30 seconds to figure out what to do next, be it, three wideouts, run the ball more, more screeens, whatever.

I am far more worried about the D side of the ball.

The Pats were using 2 TE sets a lot from 2002 through 2006. Fauria and Graham, then Graham and Watson..

In certain goal line situations, would you put it past Scarnecchia to sub in Thomas or Wendell into the line so that BB can push Solder out to TE2? Its plausible - their 2TE sets at the goal line have been the best in the NFL since the Graham/Watson era - can't strip them out of the playbook for an entire game.

I think that's a good thought. The only question is who you would trust at RT if you flex Solder out.

I get a weird deja vu feeling about this game....reminds me sort of the lead up to the Buffalo game when Milloy was cut that week ....

Looks like you can call me Jokerdamus...or Nostradamker...whatever....anyway...maybe some good news for my fellow mouners....

I got a GREAT deja vu feeling about this Raider game coming up...2009...we ripped them apart 49-24 I think it was...no mistakes this game...maybe even a defensive pressure or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News