PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whose roster spot does Jeff Demps take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob at it again with his mythical deductions. I'm glad he can count to 5.

I don't follow him. I don't even use twitter myself.

I figured that someone was bound to spread the news, so why not me? ;)

That said, I'd be curious to see how many of his 'breaking stories' were actually right this year. In order to do that, I'd have to go through his twitter feed/backread for some length of time, and I honestly don't feel like it at the moment.

I will say that his percentages of being correct are not very high, according to many conversations that we've had here before.

I hear you.

I hope that his arrival does not equal the dismissal or trade of Woodhead, b/c I find that to be ridiculous. Then again, Belichick and I don't always see eye to eye ;)

I like the signing on the KR level, and on the level that we "won" him over a close competitor. I also like the aspect of some trick plays occasionally, and maybe even for a change of pace scat back role.

I do not like the signing if it means that Woodhead or Edelman would be gone though. Demps may have potential, but that is different than knowledge of the system and proven ability.

Agreed, I think it would be very very silly and premature. But then again I spend most of my time on fan sites, mostly lurking, so what do I really know?
Haha so I'll just take the easy way out.....In Bill We Trust!;)

Isnt Incarcerated bob that twit who announced that the patriots were signing Matt Forte?

Yes, yes, yes.

Incarcerated Bob has gotten many, many stories wrong before--including the Pats 'interest' in Matt Forte.

My posting of the news wasn't to agree with what he's saying, it's just to let you know that the rumors are apparently out there now.

I've been debating since before high school. I watched debates. I've participated in debates. However

doesn't make sense in terms of starting a thread. As I said, if we're just tossing out names, list the roster. If you're discussing the "why" and/or "why not", then your screaming post was both unnecessary and counterproductive. The reality is that there were already discussions about who Demps might be replacing, or putting in roster jeopardy, before you took it upon yourself to start a new thread on the topic. If you want to take your ball and go home, or you want to post in really big letters that you're upset because people aren't following an O.P. that didn't actually call for what you're now screaming about, that's up to you. In that case, though, this message board may not be for you.

I don't think I need you to tell me what boards are for me and what are not. Just because you've put up 29K worthless posts in your time hear doesn't make you a debater or show that you have any level of football intelligence.

The fact is this forum isn't for you and several of the other high posters who go through the threads and disagreeing with **** but adding no alternative opinion. I am not going anywhere so you can act like a dog pissing all over my threads to mark your self proclaimed territory it doesn't matter to me I will just file you under the useless file and move on.

Don't even comment my threads anymore unless you have the manhood to offer your opinion too. Your weakness is pathetic and sad. 29K posts doing nothing but shooting other people down. This forum would be better off without people like you.

Agreed, I think it would be very very silly and premature. But then again I spend most of my time on fan sites, mostly lurking, so what do I really know?
Haha so I'll just take the easy way out.....In Bill We Trust!;)

IBWT is the best method to take, especially with his track record and proven success.

It's easy to debate on some of his decisions, and to be honest--I still think that some have been wrong, but he does a hell of a lot better than anyone I could think of.

If there actually is some truth to the Woodhead rumor (which is doubtful), then I will not be very happy, but I will also figure that Belichick knows a lot more about than I ever will.

I have had the team keeping 5 RB, depending on what he shows he may be competing with Larsen for the 5th RB spot. They aren't going to take the risk of taking a spot from someone like Woodhead, the kid didn't even see anything of the off season camps and will be coming in as a rookie after TC is essentially ended.

Anyone gonna trust him for Blitz pickup to protect the franchise? Really?

If he has a role this year it will be mostly as a ST'er with perhaps some sub package work.

Clearly his speed is intriguing, I am sure that BB will figure out how to best use it,

I don't think I need you to tell me what boards are for me and what are not. Just because you've put up 29K worthless posts in your time hear doesn't make you a debater or show that you have any level of football intelligence.

The fact is this forum isn't for you and several of the other high posters who go through the threads and disagreeing with **** but adding no alternative opinion. I am not going anywhere so you can act like a dog pissing all over my threads to mark your self proclaimed territory it doesn't matter to me I will just file you under the useless file and move on.

Don't even comment my threads anymore unless you have the manhood to offer your opinion too. Your weakness is pathetic and sad. 29K posts doing nothing but shooting other people down. This forum would be better off without people like you.

You don't own the threads, and I wasn't the only one to post about your "screaming" post. Figure that out.

As for me offering no alternative opinion, that's good comedy on your part. Just on this basic topic (I posted about players affected as opposed to getting cut):

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/935440-erik-frentz-mod-edit-patriots-reach-agreement-jeff-demps.html#post3104847

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/935440-erik-frentz-mod-edit-patriots-reach-agreement-jeff-demps-page4.html#post3104995

and from earlier in this thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/935478-whos-roster-spot-does-demps-take.html#post3105160

Now go take your meds and calm down.

Last edited:
If the Junior Debate League is done Debating Debates, I was just thinking about this here Demps fellow. Some stray thoughts that went through my mind:

- Sure, in theory he could be eligible for the PUP list if he were PUP (Physically Unable to Perform). But he's not injured, and for Jeff Demps to fail the conditioning run somebody would have to shoot him in the leg. I'm pretty confident that being in world-class track & field shape rather than "football shape" is NOT an acceptable reason to declare a player "Physically Unable to Perform."

- Demps and Edelman play different positions on ST as well as on offense. (Demps is a KR, not a PR; Edelman is the reverse.) So IMO the risk to Edelman isn't very great.

- Slater is the ST captain, Pro Bowler, and quite possibly the best gunner in the NFL. Again, not at risk IMO.

- I have argued many times that Woodhead is underestimated: that his 2010 season was extraordinary, that he was held back by injuries last year, and that he's not even as undersized as people think. I'm a big fan. But if you ask who could be hurt by the Demps signing, the other small, speedy RB who returns kicks is a pretty darned obvious possibility.

- It would be a lovely dream for this "who do we cut??" dilemma to become reality. It would mean that Demps looks good, and the team doesn't endure any significant injuries before cut-down day. If only.

I don't think Demps will replace Woodhead, I think he'll be taking Zoltan Mesko's roster spot, actually. The Patriots are bored of pursuing Vince Lombardi's. They're gearing up for the gold in Rio '16. Mesko has no value for any Olympic sport.

So your comparing Danny Woodhead's importance to the team to Tom Brady's? Brilliant comparison. I know Tom has 10 career rushing touchdowns to Woodheads 6 should we compare further stats?

Excellent would be how I would describe a thread that doesn't include any comments from you not Danny Woodheads Patriots career.

So now that we have your stupidy out of the way let me explain this thread again and maybe you can actually be a constructive member. Ready Andy? Read it slow.. My question was who misses the 53 man roster now that we added Demps. I offered my opinion as Woodhead as a candidate based on his role on the team and who could fill them. This was not a debate over Woodhead missing the team that thread would of read "Danny Woodhead a roster cut with addition of Demps".

Let me know if you need me to sound it out to you..

I'm sorry, in the future I will just limit my response to:

You are wrong.

Will that make you feel better?

What's your answer to the question in the title?

Who knows? The roster isn't exactly set. Demps probably will be a KR/PR only.
So it will probably come from a special teams slot. How the roster builds out is anyones guess at this point.
There really isn't a reasoned answer at this point, but NOT WOODHEAD would be a good one.

There is no roster spot.The team can carry 80 players at this time....Stop worrying about the 53 roster,it will all be sorted out by the first game.:rocker:

MG worries about it ... this Demps stuff will drive him crazy. ;)

Obviously Dan Connolly, as the Pats best KR has the most reason to be worried......

Anyway, as far as the idea that Woodhead may be expendable, how about a little outside the box thinking? What would it look like if the Pats tried using Woodhead and Vereen to try and combine to make a reasonable facsimile of replacing Welker if he leaves next year as a FA?

It would save a roster spot, and I think it would be fun to watch. Just a thought.

I would venture to suggest that there won't be a FB. The only healthy FB we've had up to this point has been Kettani who didn't exactly shine in the first preseason game. From what I've seen, he's been hit and miss during camp as well. I think despite Bolden's strong performance, they'll cut him and stash him on the PS for depth.

I think it will be: Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, and Demps. If something happens to Woodhead, they will take Faulk off the shadow roster. If something happens to either Ridley or Vereen, Bolden will come off the PS.

Given the lateness of his arrival on the scene, I think BB should stick Demps on PUP, and bring him along slowly, while keeping a current roster player in the mix a little longer.

PUP?!? The guy just won a silver medal in the London Olympics. He's in better shape than anybody on the team.

"We made a move today and placed Jeff Demps on the PUP list. It is what it is. We just try to get better every day. We'll tell Jeff he's on the Physically Unable to Perform list when somebody catches up to him. We saw some good things out there today but we still have a lot of work to do. Blah, blah, blah......blah," said Bill Belichick.

:) Not me.

See the thread on my 46 man roster. I suggest that we spend less energy on worrying about cuts and more about what we need in addition to the 46 man roster.

Demps can fill one of the remaining 7 roster spots, if he makes the team.

MG worries about it ... this Demps stuff will drive him crazy. ;)

"We made a move today and placed Jeff Demps on the PUP list. It is what it is. We just try to get better every day. We'll tell Jeff he's on the Physically Unable to Perform list when somebody catches up to him. We saw some good things out there today but we still have a lot of work to do. Blah, blah, blah......blah," said Bill Belichick.

This made me laugh, I'm not sure why.

PUP?!? The guy just won a silver medal in the London Olympics. He's in better shape than anybody on the team.

:rofl: Well Done!

I would venture to suggest that there won't be a FB. The only healthy FB we've had up to this point has been Kettani who didn't exactly shine in the first preseason game.
The New England Patriots don't need no stinking fullback on the 53 man roster.

I'm sorry, in the future I will just limit my response to:

You are wrong.

Will that make you feel better?

Andy maybe I am wrong like I was wrong when I said Ninkovich would be the left defensive end? Oh wait I was right about that and you were wrong.. Matter of fact your wrong 99% of the time you write something.

You should really attempt to find something your good at and invest the time you spend here into that.. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3