PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will you be watching in PS Week 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen the exciting new players in action once now, I'll be looking closest at the interior line backups who haven't seen much time in year's past.

Brace, Deaderick, Love, Weston (he's big but I didn't notice his play last week)

Wendell, OBurger, Ghiaciuc, Larsen (and can Connolly keep it up).

It's time to see who might have a role on the team filling in behind the losses of Warren and Mankins. Who can steady the line against Atlanta's running game? Who can provide interior pass rush? Can Larsen and Ghiaciuc, who looked lost last week, put in a better showing? Can someone open a hole for whoever handles the ball in the 2nd half?

On ST, I mostly want to see who gets the first-team reps.

Most of all, I'll be glad to see the Pats play again. Even after the offeason, a week is such a long time.

I watched the O line play carefully in the Saints game. Connelly leads hands down after the starters, on the inside.

Then it is Ohrnberger and Wendell inside; and Levoir and Bussey outside. Surprisingly Bussey was not far behind Levoir... If he were competing at G, he might be right after Connelly.

Larsen and Welch are headed to the PS at best.

As a Canadian, I'm happy that FOX is showing the game tomorrow night, I can't remember ever being able to watch back to back pre-season games live on TV. That said, I will be watching the rookies closely, especially the TE's.

Last edited:
This week, I'll want to focus on the LG and DE spots. Also, McKenzie has reportedly not been as impressive of late, so seeing him in this game will be another area of focus, along with just noting who gets the RB carries and whether Gronkowski gets the ball thrown his way.

# 1 Brace, and the D line

#2 OLB's i think Marques Murrell, got he's shot we will see a lot more of Ninkovich, or Woods, with the #1's and whats up with Cunningham, ? will he be playing dose any one got any info

#3 the TE's will Brady, even look to throw there way

# 1 Brace, and the D line

#2 OLB's i think Marques Murrell, got he's shot we will see a lot more of Ninkovich, or Woods, with the #1's and whats up with Cunningham, ? will he be playing dose any one got any info

#3 the TE's will Brady, even look to throw there way

Might be wrong, but I thought I read here, no TBC no Cunningham traveling.

Chung, Spikes, and the TE's. Also, I will be watching Butler closely after his subpar performance in the first preseason game.

And it goes without saying, but if Wes Welker plays, then I'm all over him. (No homo)

It looks like Brace is going to be tried out at LDE, so we'll see if he can anchor it.

just ready to see our guys live and in person tonight in atlanta. exited to see edleman and rooks. def be watching the d line also.

WHere's Bussey?
He hasn't been at practice recently, so I guees Reiss is assuming he will not be playing.

Patriots practice 27: Observations - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

13 players once again missing. All players who were on the field for the morning session were also present in the afternoon. Linebacker Thomas Williams was again on the sidelines in a t-shirt and shorts. Players not present were wide receivers Matthew Slater and Darnell Jenkins; offensive linemen Nick Kaczur and George Bussey; defensive lineman Damione Lewis; linebackers Tully Banta-Cain, Jermaine Cunningham, Gary Guyton, and Dane Fletcher; and defensive backs Leigh Bodden, Bret Lockett, Terrence Johnson, and Josh Barrett.

Reiss lists the following as his top things in What To Watch Thursday night

• Wes Welker's participation
  • Ron Brace at LDE
  • Tom Brady, offensive cohesion, and the long ball
  • Fred Taylor and the running game
  • BB's roster management (13 injured players)
  • Devin McCourty
  • Reserves on the offensive line
  • Burgess, OLBs, and the pass rush
  • Tyrone McKenzie
  • Zoltan Mesko's punting

Mike Reiss believes the answer to question #2 above is Fred Taylor:

Welcome to the Georgia Dome - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Fred Taylor in the driver's seat. Look to see more of veteran running back Fred Taylor tonight after he did not play in the preseason opener. The Patriots have plans to feature different running backs at different times of the preseason, and it makes sense to think that Taylor will be the lead ball-carrier tonight.

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England also gives his own Falcons - Patriots: Five things To Watch For:

• Will Maroney get carries?
  • Dealing with Atlanta's speed on defense
  • The Dan Connolly era
  • Pats DB's versus Atlanta's deep passing game
  • Defensive line without Ty Warren

Brace! If this guy can come in and play DE it would be huge for the team. Huge.

I also want to see more of MacKenzie.

Would also like to see Gronk catch some passes (or is BB playing possum with this guy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News