PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the surprise of TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
14thDragon said:
Wright is going to move from Nose to End and be Warrens back up over Hill.

I know, not very bold prediction.

And he'll get even less playing time - Hill's similar demise.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I totally disagree. I say Claridge gets cut before camp even starts. ;)
haha, what a BOLD prediction! [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
I'm going to pick Willie Andrews and Freddie Roach.

Freddie Roach makes the team - Pass and Don Davis do not

Last edited by a moderator:
DarMan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pass is cut during camp but Davis will make the team(imho) because of his versitility.
I also think Davis will be a coach here in a couple of years.

Last edited:
DarMan said:

What?!?

We've gone through the Pass thing 10,000 times, but I don't see how Roach is kept over Davis.

I say Roach and Andrews. The Roach pick is easy now because of the roster moves today, and I like the speed of Andrews, I think he will be a special teams demon.

And, why the Pass hate? Are we going to have another David Patten thread with Pass? I think Pass makes the team.

pats1 said:
What?!?

We've gone through the Pass thing 10,000 times, but I don't see how Roach is kept over Davis.

Make that 10,001. It's time for an infusion of youth at lb and Davis is mostly a special teams guy.

DarMan said:
Make that 10,001. It's time for an infusion of youth at lb and Davis is mostly a special teams guy.

And a damn good one at that. The special teams would take a big hit - a unit that struggled last year.

No hate for Pass,Just a numbers game.

pats1 said:
And a damn good one at that. The special teams would take a big hit - a unit that struggled last year.

The special teams unit did struggle but, as I recall, so did the linebacking unit. Players such as Mitchell and Tebucky have been brought in not only for competition at safety but also to shore up special teams. Davis does not add much to the linebacking corp and the unit could be upgraded. There are only so many roster spots for players that are primarily special teams players. My guess is that Roach will demonstrate more potential as a contributor to the linebacking corp than Davis.

Since this is all fan speculation anyway, we will have to wait until Sept for the outcome.

TomBradyWoot said:
How about Bam Childress? With the recieving corps being light and Deion holding out, maybe Bam gets more action and runs with the opportunity.

Picking Bam would be far from the most SURPRISING team-maker.

But i believe that he is the MOST PROBABLE of all the dark-horse picks.
No way any of the other, no-name WRs beats him out for #5.

DarMan said:
The special teams unit did struggle but, as I recall, so did the linebacking unit. Players such as Mitchell and Tebucky have been brought in not only for competition at safety but also to shore up special teams. Davis does not add much to the linebacking corp and the unit could be upgraded. There are only so many roster spots for players that are primarily special teams players. My guess is that Roach will demonstrate more potential as a contributor to the linebacking corp than Davis.

Since this is all fan speculation anyway, we will have to wait until Sept for the outcome.

There's 3-4 special teams aces:

Izzo
Davis
Mitchell (replaces Stone)
Tebucky (replaces Chatham)

The Pats have kept great special teams performers like Izzo or Davis on the roster over younger guys like Claridge (I.R.'ed) becuase the young guys wouldn't get enough regular playing time either, and their main role would be on the special teams. To maximize that role, it's best to have well, the best.

Aldogg said:
And, why the Pass hate?
I like Patrick Pass. I like Dr. Demento. I just don't think either of them are NFL quality.

TBC becomes the next Willie McGinest/Mike Vrabel. Now that would be the suprise of camp. That would allow Vrabel to play inside with Bruschi, and it would become a strength again.

DarMan said:

If Freddie get's called for clipping, would that be considered a "Roach Clip" ? sorry, my teenage years in the 70's are coming to me in a flashback. Seriously, anyone have any video of Freddie playing college ball, I'd love to see some Roach clips. Oop, I did it again.

scott99 said:
If Freddie get's called for clipping, would that be considered a "Roach Clip" ? sorry, my teenage years in the 70's are coming to me in a flashback. Seriously, anyone have any video of Freddie playing college ball, I'd love to see some Roach clips. Oop, I did it again.

:rofl: (I note your location, scott. You're excused ...)

"Roach has checked in to the huddle, but ..."

I have two guesses...

LB Pierre Woods (gotta go with a Michigan guy)

Dan Klecko, but only because he doesn't make the first cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News