PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Will Be the Browns' QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Really wondering. Weeden left the game against the Jags with a conussion. Campbell has been out, cleared for activity, but not practice. Tanney was signed over Hanie last week, but now they've added Hanie. Should be interesting. Might be nice to catch a break. Campbell is probably their best option . . .

Really wondering. Weeden left the game against the Jags with a conussion. Campbell has been out, cleared for activity, but not practice. Tanney was signed over Hanie last week, but now they've added Hanie. Should be interesting. Might be nice to catch a break. Campbell is probably their best option . . .
Considering that we have lost 1 game at home to a losing team with Tom Brady at QB, I'm not too worried about catching a break.

thier best option is on IR

Vinny Testaverde

Pats have a history of taking QBs like that and making them look like HOFers, while beating them. So I'd be a little concerned.
Fixed it for you

Pats have a history of taking QBs like that and making them look like HOFers. So I'd be a little concerned.

This isn't the 2011 pass defense. This pass defense is top 10 in every pass defense category.

As a former D3 Midwestern Conference athlete myself, I really hope Tanney is starting.

No, I'm not interested in some feel-good story for D3 athletes. I just think Tanney would suck, because the jump in competition is so drastic.

Looking over the all time list of Browns QBs, Otto Graham and his 80% winning percentage stands out as the best possible starter, although it's too bad for GM Mike Lombardi that Graham is on the permanent PUP list.

Cleveland Browns Career Passing Register - Pro-Football-Reference.com

If I had to guess, there is one guy on that list that fellow poster Richard Camembert would like to see under center in front of 70,000 at Gillette: **** Shiner. Mike Mayock says he has a quick release and is great in the locker room.

Great trading card, or what? **** Shiner in a Browns uniform with Steelers logo and a trophy that says "BUST."

Attachments

• 8075522768_fb25e3cf95.jpg
    8075522768_fb25e3cf95.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 76
**** Shiner also played for us!

**** Shiner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That name, though, is more appropriate for an ESPN analyst discussing Peyton Manning. "**** Shiner, resident ball-washer" :D

As a former D3 Midwestern Conference athlete myself, I really hope Tanney is starting.

No, I'm not interested in some feel-good story for D3 athletes. I just think Tanney would suck, because the jump in competition is so drastic.

I saw him play in pre-season, he’s got great accuracy and incredible poise, he was working behind an almost non-existent O-line and got absolutely pummeled but kept getting back up, and it didn’t seem to rattle him. His decision making was a bit restless, with some riskier throws than I’d prefer but making something happen might impress Jerry Jones and get him a job in Dallas, even though that would make BB more likely to cut him.

Anyway, I’d love to have the guy here as a back-up, he’s got skills, I don’t think we face a tremendous challenge in beating them but I wouldn’t write Tanney off.

Caleb Hanie it is....

If this defense gives up anything notable to this dud,it will be a major dissapointment.

Caleb Hanie it is....

If this defense gives up anything notable to this dud,it will be a major dissapointment.
I'm sure they will give up plays, but they will also win the game

If Hanie even has a decent game against us, I will be terrified about our chances against any other QB. The options the Brown have are some of the more pathetic I've seen. I'm almost certain that Tebow would be a much better start than these clowns.

If Hanie even has a decent game against us, I will be terrified about our chances against any other QB. The options the Brown have are some of the more pathetic I've seen. I'm almost certain that Tebow would be a much better start than these clowns.
Be prepared to be inappropriately terrified.
We will give weak QBs the opportunity to be the decisive factor in a game. That means they will make some plays, and it will mean they will not win.
To pretend that it would have anything to do with the way we defend a good QB is missing the point.

Be prepared to be inappropriately terrified.
We will give weak QBs the opportunity to be the decisive factor in a game. That means they will make some plays, and it will mean they will not win.
To pretend that it would have anything to do with the way we defend a good QB is missing the point.

Point taken on your last sentence. However does forcing Hanie to be the decisive factor, mean he should still have a good game? He can make some first downs and such, but that doesn't mean he should have a career day against us.

Why all the hand-wringing? The group of DBs we have stymied Manning, I should be worried about the Browns 3rd string QB? Come on.

When healthy, our secondary has been one of the stronger in the league, and a strength of our team.

I'm not worried about this team's pass defense. If Talib, Arrington, Dennard are all out, sure, but that's a non-starter. That's out of our control, we can't even worry about that.

If we do have these guys, our pass D is going to be fine, better than fine - for the first time in a long time, it might help us actually win playoff games instead of costing us them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST