PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i pay 400 for tix. I can boo if i want. But i never do

Yeah, Tom Brady has no chance of knowing that almost throwing a pick was not the ideal outcome without the crowd booing him.

What kills me about the booing is that when it started, we were still leading. WTF?

The Pats didn't hold that lead, so I guess they knew wtf they were booing about. I have no problem with booing. Sometimes teams deserve it, even the Pats. It wasn't all that many fans anyway. PLUS, the fans pay the bills.

I'm not one for booing when things go wrong at the games I go to.

However, while watching this "defense" make the worst offense and the worst QB in the league look like a real NFL offense? I would have been thrown out of the stadium for the language I used in my livingroom yesterday!

I said it in the post week 1 thread that celebrated the return of a dominant D. I'll believe it when I see it. And I don't see it. Frustrating!

I have to give the majority of people in my section(224) props. They never gave up on us. There were a few boos but despite the disappointment of how we were playing they kept screaming and urging us to hold the Jets and for us to pull this out. While 80%(my estimates)of the red seat-wine and cheese crowd and 30% blue seat crowd(also my estimate)were missing and most likely missed our late win, the rest of us hung in there stood by our team whether they won or lost. This doesn't mean we weren't angry at our play calling and execution, we were. I just think its admirable to hang in there to the bitter end. Thankfully our team thought the same thing. We won!

"Should have" for who? Booing doesn't help the team we all want to win. Those guys know how and when they screwed up alot more than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The fans aren't the armchair quarterbacks. The fans are the people paying the bills.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The fans aren't the armchair quarterbacks. The fans are the people paying the bills.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hard to argue with such a well reasoned argument like that. You've convinced me.

FWOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

SHRONKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

****, I'll get the hang of it later.

Hard to argue with such a well reasoned argument like that. You've convinced me.

FWOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

SHRONKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

****, I'll get the hang of it later.

This has been a fun discussion.

I wonder if there would have been complaints about the booing if they did end up losing. They easily could have.

I don't boo but I respect the right of fans who do. I actually prefer the good well-timed one liner. I got Rich Gedman so good one time at Fenway that I couldn't wait to hear it on the NESN replay when I got home.

No need to boo your own side, particularly during the game.

Yeah, you paid your money so say what you like.

It just makes you a complete wanker.

I also have to give props to some Jets fans in my section. They were big dudes that could have broken the hecklers they faced in half but they remained good natured throughout. They made those ignorant Pats fans look like goobers by comparison. That's not usually the case with most of the Jets fans I've seen in the stands over the years.

I also have to give props to some Jets fans in my section. They were big dudes that could have broken the hecklers they faced in half but they remained good natured throughout. They made those ignorant Pats fans look like goobers by comparison. That's not usually the case with most of the Jets fans I've seen in the stands over the years.

Did you take any photos of them? Or better yet, video? Because this is an extremely rare and historic observation that otherwise might strain credibility.

People are emotionally invested in the performance of the team. They will cheer when they are excited and boo when they are disappointed. That is the only way they can communicate to the team. If one does not expect boos then one shouldn't expect cheers either. Perhaps fans should sit and watch in stoic belichickian silence?

A lot of the crowd at the Pats Games aren't even necessarily hardcore fans like most of us on the board here. Many are people that have the time and money and are just your average fans I believe. I think a real fan will stay with their team and show respect at all times. Your average fans will be more likely to boo. This is my speculation at least.

I see a lot of my facebook friends that don't know jack **** about football posting about going to Pats games a lot.

People are emotionally invested in the performance of the team. They will cheer when they are excited and boo when they are disappointed. That is the only way they can communicate to the team. If one does not expect boos then one shouldn't expect cheers either. Perhaps fans should sit and watch in stoic belichickian silence?

Terrible example. Cheering is positive and supporting, and many believe a loud home crowd can influence the game.
Booing is neither positive nor supportive, and to make the team you root for feel, while they are winning a division game, that their fans are against them isn't really defensible. I get that there are many people in this world who feel better whining when they are unhappy. Booing is the ultimate form of whining. The fact that people whine/boo and are entitled to do so if they wish, does not make it right.
A spouse has every right to bang the neighbor if they wish. That doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

I'll boo a bad referee call, and even boo the other team coming onto the field. But I just don't boo the Pats. I just don't get it, but eh...

Now, as for people leaving early, I heard this from someone walking up the steps when it was 23-20 Pats:

"Either the Pats already won or they're gonna blow another one."

I couldn't believe my ears, but I guess that's the lingering expectation. I find that after the SB loss and these early losses this year, my personal expectations are much more balanced. In fact, I just kind of enjoy the ride like I used to back in the day. I don't get super pissed when the Pats lose, but I love it when they win. Oddly, I enjoy football a lot more now.

Those who left early missed one of the two best plays of the game, so whatever...

Opposing fans and teams enjoy the booing, It's like a compliment. I feel like if you boo the pats your indirectly cheering the Jets. And that's the sin of all sins. But hey If you pay boo away, that's just my 2 cents.

You just don't know what you're talking about. It simply doesn't work that way. Believing that players are "motivated" by booing to perform better is the ultimate in pompous ignorance.

I was booed a few times playing soccer in college and it still kinda hurts. I get embarrassed now even 20 years later when I think about it. I guess I deserved it. I don't know. Damn it. I don't remember what I did now. I think I shanked a penalty kick.

I am biased against booing.

As far as surreal posts go - this one ranks highly!!

Nothing like a round of hearty booing to give the team a much needed boost!!

Ha ha! :D

Everyone knows you can't spell boost without boo.

booing is in every stadium in the NFL. I think it really falls down to what kind of fan base you want to be. Someplace's its common and runs rampant and the players are disconnected from the fan base, Like Philly, NY, Cincinnati, Buffalo,Dallas and etc..
Players know in these cities that the fan base just want them to win and can turn and hate them next week if they mess up. Their is no emotional tie to the fans, its more toward the team. They don't feel any connection to these fans, and usually do what they have to do on the field, but ignore them as much as possible, as philosophy I think.

Others like NO, Pittsburgh,NE,GB, HOU etc.. are personally connected to their players and consider them a part of their life. We call them our boys, Hou calls them the pals, I think, but they are a extension of your family activities and you care about the guys,even if they are not Pro bowlers or the best in the NFL.
You watch that guy develop and get just as excited that he finally made a great tackle or catch as you get a thrill see the better players stars shred a defense for 7.
Players are deeply connected to their fan base in these cities, and seek their approval, fight for them, think of them, and are happy to mingle and see the fans when they have an opportunity to do so.
They will take Booing personally, and maybe even wonder when meeting fans who Boo'd them.

AS you can imagine we had a rather large Booing problem in the 1900's, but the fans got involved and handed out leaflets at the stadium and tailgate parties. Telling our fans that not only was it not acceptable in our culture, and rude, but that that these are our boys and have a roll as fans to support them on the field as part of the team.
Thats when the Booing stopped and the Bags came out,lol. That was actually a fun time,even though we completely sucked.

Patriot players mean so much to their fans, and players love the fans. You can tell that by the ones that leave but still consider NE home. Their is a real personal connection. I think you just need to think about wether you want that to continue, and fans start mobilizing to let others know what is expected.

It just takes a printer and 50,000 sheets of paper,lol

Last edited:
Everyone knows you can't spell boost without boo.

oh yeah?..well ...I can spell cat with five letters....p-u-s-s-y..(AND that is why I'll be here all week...try the seafood platter..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft