PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, feeling it is childish to do somethng that serves no purpose is a great example of lack self-awareness:rolleyes:

your being here serves no purpose.....so your real point is?

Since I see no value in it, I don't know if I look at it as acceptable or not acceptable, just silly.

Well, moving it into the category of "silly" is a bit different than the hard line you had been taking, comparing booing to banging thy neighbor's wife, or whatever you said.

Point is, I think if you actually followed the logic of your reasoning, you'd see it leads to a pretty silly place. Most of us could easily envision scenarios where a home crowd would be justified in booing the team they support. It's a question of degree, and appropriateness.

Believing that players are "motivated" by booing to perform better is the ultimate in pompous ignorance.

Of course, the Pats' offense looked quite a bit different after the booing, didn't it....

I am shocked that Tom still wants to play for NE. Several teams are dying to have him and SF is kind of lusting for him like a nerd lusts after Megan Fox .

Yeah,the Niners want Brady so bad that they just paid Smith 24 Million for 3 years :rolleyes:

Dude they HATE Alex smith !! I mean some of their fans are seriously critizing that decision and are wondering blissfully about TB . If TB was not locked up SF will be the first knocking on our door . They know that Tom loves candlestick park and has memories there .

sunny Cali or cold Boston ? you choose bro .....

LOL.....the bay area ain't so sunny

If anything the booing was actually doing the players a favor.

Gave them a boost if you ask me.

WHAT???
jester.gif

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've read in my life.

One time I got a really delicious omelet a Denny's so I go back every Saturday hoping to get another great omelet instead of the old stale crap I keep getting since that omelet. I keep telling them how delicious that pile of crap is in the hope that they'll get it right the next time though... Someday, I'll have another delicious omelet. Then I can say, "hey, I was there when your omelets sucked. I'm the king of the world.":D

What would you have the crowd do? Applaud politely and have a glass of wine?

"Oh, look Mitt, the lads are blowing another double digit lead at the end of the game. Would you like some brie and a water cracker?"

"Yes indeed, Tagg. They seem to do this every week. Rather sporting of them. Nice bouquet on the pinot, wouldn't you say?"

"They're so thoughtful for such big sweaty men, Mitt. That poor Sanchez from Southern California throws it so softly. Belichick is such a nice man for telling his players to let them catch it."

"He is a kind soul, but where does Belichick get his clothes? He rather looks looks like he's homeless. We must tell Bob to give him a clothing stipend, Tagg."

"Oh, look. The young man kicked another field goal to put the Jets ahead. How nice. Please, hold this while I applaud, Mitt. Brav-o."

If you are in the stadium and are on your feet for the last 5 minutes, screaming hard. and then the team goes three and out in a lame way, (after several blown leads in recent weeks) you get frustrated.

simple as that. it was frustrating, and the pats looked lame. so the stadium got on em.

-- FRITZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, moving it into the category of "silly" is a bit different than the hard line you had been taking, comparing booing to banging thy neighbor's wife, or whatever you said.

You really aren't that naive are you?
I was talking about the justificaiton that booing is the right thing to do because you paid for a ticket and therefore can. You cannot be paying attention if you think the analogy was to the act of booing.

Point is, I think if you actually followed the logic of your reasoning, you'd see it leads to a pretty silly place. Most of us could easily envision scenarios where a home crowd would be justified in booing the team they support. It's a question of degree, and appropriateness.
No my logic leads me to it serves no purpose, is silly, and therefore justification is pointless.
I know you want to find a redeeming quality in booing, but IMO it just isnt there.

what purpose do you think you're serving? what purpose does you being a **** serve?
I am serving the purpose of communicating about the Patriots.
I am not being a ****, but you surely are.
What purpose do you think booing serves?

I would like to point out to anyone who complains they paid good money to see the game and expect a level of talent. You are paying to see 2 professional teams and in theory you should be expecting a similar level of preformance from both and so if all you are doing is booing for not seeing that level of play then you should be equally as pissed when the road team comes in and gets smoked by the Patriots. This is just a sign of entitled America who feels their money can buy whatever they want when its not the case. And if they dont get what they want they are gonna cry about it.

Now what I think I am paying for apparently is a lot different then what you entitled think you are paying for. I pay for the view of the field and ability to see more then what is provided on TV, I pay to be part of the crowd and atmosphere of rooting on my home team, I pay to see good football but I dont expect it will always be perfect, I dont expect that my paying means that everything on the field will be perfect.

I am serving the purpose of communicating about the Patriots.
I am not being a ****, but you surely are.
What purpose do you think booing serves?

but you're not.....you're talking about the silly behavior of fans

and yes....you are being a ****

booing is an expression of dissatisfaction

when you go to a restaurant you have gone to and enjoyed for years, and you get something that is cooked poorly, are you going to send it back? or are you simply going to eat it and then tell the person next to you who ordered the same thing and sent it back that they are being silly and that the 3rd person who ordered the same thing and sent it back is being a ****?

Last edited:
what purpose do you think you're serving? what purpose does you being a **** serve?

You need to ask the mirror that question, then your fellow Jets fans.

Happens to be the topic.

A silly one that serves no purpose.

when you go to a restaurant you have gone to and enjoyed for years, and you get something that is cooked poorly, are you going to send it back? or are you simply going to eat it and then tell the person next to you who ordered the same thing and sent it back that they are being silly and that the 3rd person who ordered the same thing and sent it back is being a ****?
You can't even pretend to think that is the same thing.
But just so we understand each other. You are telling me a football team doesn't know whether they are playing well or poorly unless the fans boo?

and yes....you are being a ****

I actually like your anolgy because in its simplest form you can express your displeasure but keep in mind that you are expressing your displeasure with the person who cooked your food and will likely be cooking your replacement food too. So stand up in the middle of the restaraunt and just start booing and you will likely get your replacement food spit in.

I think you are missing the point we are making. You dont have to be happy with the crappy secondary play or the offense going 3 out and backwards at a key moment but there is a time, place, and proper way to go about it. And booing is just being an Azzhole.

You really aren't that naive are you?
I was talking about the justificaiton that booing is the right thing to do because you paid for a ticket and therefore can. You cannot be paying attention if you think the analogy was to the act of booing.

No my logic leads me to it serves no purpose, is silly, and therefore justification is pointless.
I know you want to find a redeeming quality in booing, but IMO it just isnt there.

It's your analogy, not mine--don't get your back up because you realize it was a horrible one.

I don't "want to find a redeeming quality," in booing, I'm saying that most rational observers would agree that there could be scenarios where expressing displeasure would be appropriate. You disagree, which is fine. But strange.

What kills me about the booing is that when it started, we were still leading. WTF?

We've seen the same movie multiple times before to know that losing the lead was inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back